Ericsson-Worldwide Reviews

Reset
3.5
Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg
Hans Vestberg

Pros
  • The only pro I can think of is Work-Life Balance (in 195 reviews)

• Not a stressful work environment (in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • work-life balance can be the lowest when you are in projects (in 67 reviews)

• Slow decision making in developing new products (in 45 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Excellent work place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ericsson is driving the development towards a networked society. It is fun to be part of that. Excellent benefits and high tempo.

Cons

As all publicly traded large companies there is to much short term focus which sometimes drives less than perfect behavior.

Advice to Management

Continue to be focused on change, continue to be ahead of the curve in terms of driving the networked society.

2. Financial Analyst

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Plano, TX

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a European company, they had great Benefits (insurance, PTO, 401k…etc) compared to large US corporations. Change management and shuffling occur quite frequently here, so there are plenty of opportunities to spread your wings and become competent in another area if your current manager is open to it. AMAZING international opportunities if you're young, adventurous, and willing to travel.

Cons

Sometimes the shuffling around of resources occurs too much here. I believe in the year and a half I was there, we had 2 or 3 reorgs and I actually was never given the opportunity to try something new. I worked at Ericsson's North America Headquarters in Plano, Texas. Success really depends on the strength and characteristics of your individual manager. That's also true for new opportunities within; if your manager likes to hold on to his resources and not let you try something new, then you're stuck in his plan. I knew a manager that gave a poor recommendation for an internal position a coworker was applying for outside the current group. The job was virtually locked in and awarded to this individual. The manager did this just so that he could hold on to that vital resource holding his group together. This particular coworker was by far one of the brightest employees in the group. I knew the other hiring manager, so he filled me in on all these details. As this company is based in Sweden, they do like the fast track many of their top talent from Sweden via their North America HQ office in Plano. You'll notice that many mid tier and senior level management are from Sweden or Europe. If you're looking to advance to senior management here, the odds are stacked against you. I'm not trying to knock the company for that, but it is something to consider.

3. Great company

Current Intern - Intern in Plano, TX
    Current Intern - Intern in Plano, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits and culture are phenomenal in my opinion.

Cons

There appears to be a hiring freeze in North America.

5. No

Former Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Richardson, TX

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide (Less than a year)

Pros

the management is not organized

Cons

It is a great opportunity to netwoirk

6. Finance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company to work gain experience in telecom and international exposure

Cons

Can be long hours and hard work but very rewarding to grow the professional expertise

Advice to Management

Keep focus on the beating the competition, continue to make advancements in Technology that is Ericsson strenght against competitui

Ericsson-Worldwide Response

Jul 29, 2015 – Client Services Manager

Thank you for this wonderful review! We always like to reminded our managers to encourage their employees to continue to push the boundaries of technology!

7. Customer Project Manager

Current Employee - Customer Project Manager in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Project Manager in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Salary is ok. This is a great place to have on the resume, being the #1 telecom.

Cons

say bye to any expectations of work-life balance. The industry is a roller-coaster of booming 7-day work weeks, and down-slopes of layoffs in response to wall-street. There is no set culture. Some departments and customer units handle the workload with proper leadership, some will require more political skills than actual leadership to advance. It all depends on where you land.

Advice to Management

Line managers are mostly out of touch with what happens. The current structure makes no sense.

8. Construction Manager 1

Former Employee - Construction Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Construction Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The overall mission of the company is good. Connecting people, creating the networked society, etc. There is plenty of opportunity for training online, classes, and on the job. If you are consistent and reliable, you will have long term employment. This is a great opportunity to fully immerse yourself in work that love, and no one will stop you from doing so here.

Cons

It is a matrix organization. PMs have little or no involvement with project during sales, so it is easy to just become a "by the numbers" PM, with little opportunity for professional growth. It is a turnkey solution in network deployment, so this can be expected. There is also a tendency for people to stay in their lane for perceived job security, with little understanding on how their actions affect the bigger picture. Much like Plato's allegory of the cave, you will be rejected if you try and show them the light. You will have to seek your own mentors here, they will not be assigned to you. People are so busy and caught up in their assigned work, if you are struggling, you are on your own. You really need to have a champion for you somewhere director level and strategize which project teams you are on.

Advice to Management

Make CMs responsible for their sites from start to finish and clearly define each. Make PMs responsible for their project from start to finish and clearly define each. Do not sell a product that won't be ready when it comes time to install the equipment. If you start a project, knowing you will lose money on it, but make money in the long run with services, don't make the people working on the project feel like losers when it loses money (Sprint Network Vision).

9. Software Engineer

Current Intern - Integration Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Intern - Integration Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-> Allows to explore your field, -> Friendly staff -> All activities keeps you busy

Cons

-> at beginning it's hard to adjust -> It's big company so If you are not proactive you can be lost

10. Great Experience

Former Employee - Intern in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Plano, TX

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide

Pros

The best part about working with Ericsson was that all my work and the method of getting it done was crystal clear. All I had to do is, work!!

Cons

They could not convert me into a full time since there was no requisition in the back office department at that time.

Advice to Management

When someone tries to change their department withing the company, there should be a really hard criteria that needs to be satisfied. Otherwise candidates take disadvantage if its easy enough.

11. Fast paced company - good salary

Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was able to work with some great people and some new technologies. My customer interaction was great and they spared no expense entertaining a client.

Cons

When the product I supported was moved to a different department and margins were being cut I was the first to go. They will throw you out if not needed.

Advice to Management

Although they are not receptive to feedback, if you value employees, you should try to find a place for them.

Showing 275 of 2,884 reviews