Ericsson-Worldwide

Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg

Hans Vestberg

28 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Network Control Tech II

Network Control Technician II (Current Employee)
Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time for less than a year

ProsThe environment is great and it has awesome benefits.

ConsThere is no standardized training.

Overall I am satisfied working at Ericsson, I have a freedom to work in an office or WFH as needed

RF Engineer II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPersonal Freedom
Proactive environment
Customer Focused
Working with the latest in 4G technology

ConsFragmented org structure which often leads to finger pointing. Cost cutting has lead to decrease in new hire quality in some organizations.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think senior management needs to be franker with the employees and organizations within the company. This way all groups are aware of the issues and the weak points. This will cause the weak links to either improve or for other groups to take over their functions thus eliminating the need for the weak links.

Good Atmosphere Great People

Network Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI really enjoyed working as a contractor for Ericsson. The people are great and energetic. Really smart people and management that is will to train on the job.

ConsYou can be laid off with very little notice. I was informed a week and a half ahead of time, but not the case for most contractors. Almost impossible to get hired on full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees move to different areas. Don't be selfish and hold bright minded people back from advancing their career just to make your job easier.

Ericsson is a fantastic company to work for.

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)
Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time for more than a year

ProsThe Sprint campus is a wonderful place to work. The campus has covered parking and nice restaurants.

The people were great to work with. The equipment is state of the art.

ConsContracts are only for 18 months. Then you have to wait 45 days before you can return

Advice to Senior ManagementOnce a person learns the job well, their contract is up. Then new people need to be trained. Ericsson losses a lot of talented people.

Great career opportunties

Network Control Tech (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide as a contractor for less than a year

Prosgood employees are engaged in their jobs

Consnone at this time. just exicited to be a part of the organization.

Not the best choice

Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBenefits are very good. Medical clinic located on campus along with pharmacy. Very nice facilities. Unfortunately Ericsson did not inform employees of day to day business or goals so I cannot really so much about the company.

ConsWhile building the new "Sprint" network they asked assistance from 2 additional companies in order to complete work. The other 2 companies were ready to go and Ericsson could not get their portion or their equipment up and running. Employee bonus was based on the completion of milestones. Lack of training on Ericsson equipment as well as Ericsson’s vague understanding of the network is the cause of decrease in bonus payout. The employee's in question were once Sprint so they knew what they were doing yet Ericsson management constrictions delayed most processes and caused too many delays.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand what you are committing to before undertaking a task as big as building an entire network. Listen to the employee's with experience as opposed to forcing early retirement. Nurture existing and new talent within your workforce as opposed to making layoff decisions blindly. You shot yourself in the foot and prolonged (almost) success. This will not sending you running back to Sweden but it certainly says a lot about cultural differences and tips your somewhat confused hand to everyone in the telecommunications industry

Good company to work for, but shaky relationship with Sprint

Intern (Former Employee)
Overland Park, KS

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe company seems to care about and treat its employees well. Very flexible with working hours when needed. I was also in school for half my internship, so that really helped. Working from home is allowed for full time people when needed. I can't speak to the benefits, as I was a non-benefited intern.

ConsThe relationship with Sprint is very tenuous which is a big shadow that looms over the Overland Park office. There's often disconnects between what Sprint wants and what Ericsson does. I also think there's some fundamental inefficiencies in the relationship.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a way to clean up the relationship with Sprint.

I liked working there....just another Employee

Customer Project Manager I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

ProsMultitude of projects to work on. Great benefits. Depending on manager flexible home work balance. Great location.

ConsPremature PMO. No loyalty to employees. Alot of politics. 5% forced attrition is terrible for morale. More important to communicate positive project reviews to customer than factual ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage the the people not your career

Lots of opportunity

RF Engineer I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBonuses everywhere, plenty of global job types to jump around and stay within the company and still get a career change if you want. Wide variety of hardware deployed and supported by the company, allows for more marketability should you seek employment elsewhere. Excellent benefits, charitable contribution match, school reimbursements 100% at 80%, tokens for cert tests, stock matching over three years, 401k auto contribution even if you don't, etc.

ConsNot as skilled a company deploying on a massive scale as they should be, overall no major cons besides the norm that plague all large/global companies

Great experience

Industrial Engineer Intern (Current Employee)
Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide as an intern

ProsGreat culture promoting innovation. They really wanted positive and creative minds as most bonuses were based on ideas that generated revenue.

ConsLack of structure and formality. May have been too laid back. This is subjective seeing as though everyone won't feel this way.

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Ericsson-Worldwide Videos

Ericsson-Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society. Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination. Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ericsson-Worldwide reviews and ratings in Overland Park, KS — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Ericsson-Worldwide employees.