Ericsson-Worldwide

Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg

Hans Vestberg

133 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awesome company!

Engineering Analyst (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsGreat benefit package and bonus

ConsLong hours and heavy workload

Many learning opportunities and excellent work culture

Plano, TX

ProsBeautiful campus, really neat team members, and a great work culture. They put a lot of care into the facility which makes it a pleasure to walk around. Such a diverse team to work with and everyone has something to contribute. I love the prestige and standards associated with the Ericsson name, and the flexible work hours are helpful for parents like me.

ConsMany changes to keep up with. Being contract has its advantages but I would love to be a permanent employee here instead.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to see Ericsson get involved in some sort of Corporate Challenge events and compete with other companies in the area. Also, I am a veteran and would like to see avenues on how I can serve and get involved with other veterans with the company.

Loved working here

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsMany opportunites for growth. Most everybody pulled their weight in an incredible team effort. Relatvely non-politcal.

ConsI understand that the culture has changed over time. I loved the culture at Ericsson , at least through 2011. Lots of opportunities and team players.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep showing your valuable employees how much you value them.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company but very complex & highly political organization

Plano, TX

ProsThe best things about Ericsson are the great benefits, decent salary scale, overall positive work environment, and many competent and friendly colleagues from diverse backgrounds.

ConsCramped office space in North American HQ interferes with productivity. Training program largely focused on internal initiatives instead of bringing in outside experts. Extremely complex matrix organization combined with the Swedish consensus mentality makes for long meetings and extended time to reach decisions, ultimately stifling internal innovation and feeding office politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for ways to reorganize the company along functional lines and assess, objectively, deficiencies in process workflow.

Poor Company Politics/Poor Management

Plano, TX

ProsGood benefits, if you know where to look for them, great professional development opportunities and decent pay.

ConsWith the size of the company and the constant reorgs that take place, management poor/weak, there are so many changes that even management does not know what to do or how to prioritize; high churn and layoffs, too many members of management maintain that a process or system belongs to someone else instead of confirming; employees are left in limbo many times regarding roles and responsibilities and contractors are often treated with more respect than employees even in cases where they are not properly performing.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to communicate with your team no matter where they are. Understand what they are doing and work with them on goals, if there are issues, don't ignore them until it becomes an HR issue and if it is related to a tool, don't assume your global view aligns with the process, take the time to learn it even at a high level so you can understand what specific teams are doing and what the impact is.

It was hard to get in the "in" crowd.

Telecom Engineer (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsI loved everything about the job until 3 levels of management left in 6 months. it was the blind leading the naked. I think it is a good company over all, but they use you up and spit you out.

ConsOver-worked, no positive reinforcement. Salary was okay, but not for the hours that were required under salary. If you were from Sweden you where held to a different standard that those from the USA.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't exchange 3 levels of management and expect to have good results. It wasn't that the new management VP down was doing things right, it was that they didn't do the right things right.

Need Better Management....

Project Management (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsIf you have a great manager that is in tune with building and maintaining a great team...you will survive and grow to a satisfying career within the company.

ConsSome managers are only worried about numbers and dont really focus on what you do and the help you may need to be more productive...'get it done' is the attitude of some managers instead of what needs to be done to reach our goal.

It is not conducive to the work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly hire and promote people to management that are positive team leaders and really manage people according to the needs of the job.

Flag Review
    Ericsson-Worldwide Employer Branding and Social Media Specialist responded to this review Jun 13, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for taking time to write a review. It's always good to hear from our current employees. We appreciate your constructive feedback and advice around "positive leadership". This information is ... More

You will get laid off eventually

Order Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsThey look for smart nice people. They have the best technology money can buy.

ConsYou will get laid off eventually. No matter your education, skill or IQ level they will "let you go" in order to hire someone cheaper and less skilled. To avoid being laid off you must become friends with upper management and you may be immune from layoffs. If you want to succeed in this company you must be friendly, an extrovert, have very good communication/presentation skills, handle office politics - no matter your job title. That being said if you like talking you will do fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep talented people

Often disorganized; poor work-life balance

Project Support (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsGood salary and great benefits

ConsFor the role I had: long hours, regularly required to work nights and weekends in addition to office hours, impossible to take paid time off without working, poor work-life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementSome groups had more than enough people supporting the business, others severely lacked sufficient resources but with little to no action taken by management to address employee workload imbalance.

Flag Review
    Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your constructive feedback. We're striving to be a top employer in ICT and this information is valuable to our team.

Enjoyed working with my colleagues and good benefits

Plano, TX

ProsExcellent benefits. Good salary. Successfully navigated the consolidation of the telecommunications industry.

ConsOpportunities are limited in the US. High turnover and frequent layoffs.

Flag Review
    Thank you for taking time to write a review. It's always good to hear from our current employees. We appreciate your constructive feedback. This information is valuable to our team in our effort to ... More

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Ericsson-Worldwide Videos

Ericsson-Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society. Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination. Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ericsson-Worldwide reviews and ratings in Plano, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg. All 133 reviews posted anonymously by Ericsson-Worldwide employees.