Ericsson-Worldwide

2,189 Reviews

Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg
Hans Vestberg
1,131 Ratings

Pros
  • Development is team-centric and work-life balance is taken seriously by management (in 195 reviews)

• Largest ICT company with good employee friendly work environment (in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance is not so satisfied as I have to work on fields 1 (in 67 reviews)

• Poor initial planning leads to many changes in decision making and major inefficiencies (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

Exciting and Structured Internship Experience

Former Employee - RF Engineer Intern in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - RF Engineer Intern in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Ericsson has a great internship program for its engineers. They created a training period for all interns to learn and be on the same level and understanding. The projects given to us were very collaborative and every manager and lead engineer were very supportive and helpful.

The company overall does a good job of keeping its employees in the loop with webcast presentations. Ericsson also has great innovative goals for the future of the company, as well as very meaningful values I connected with.

Cons

There are some challenges with working with others in vastly different time zones, which is to be expected from a global company and definitely helps you grow as a person and learn to time-manage and prioritize.

I was being told by other non-engineering interns (not at the branch I worked at) that they did not like their experience or their managers, which was a vastly different experience than what I had. Hopefully in the future there will be more consistency with this.

Human Resources and managers at the respective branches should be more in contact. Often times the interns would get multiple emails or messages for a particular thing, but the managers were unaware it was happening and possibly conflicting with in-office work.

Great atmosphere, culture

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide

Pros

Office culture is very collaborative. Lots of interaction and very diverse workplace. Good number of allowed absences and it did not feel as if we were always under strict time constraints on projects.

Cons

Overworked, no positive reinforcement. Salary was OK but was not enough to outweigh the previously mentioned cons. Values were sometimes inconsistent.

Very good inovative company

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time

Pros

Opportunity for leadership, innovation and ownership. Chllenging environment full of motivations

Cons

Very bog organization. Sometime hard to get through

Good place to work !

Current Employee - Lead Verification in Sweden, AR
    Current Employee - Lead Verification in Sweden, AR

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Work-Life balance with lots of facilities !

Cons

Need to be self motivated !

Scarce upward movement if not connected with upper management which is 80% Indian, it helps to be one and be connected

Current Employee - Director in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Plano, TX

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Ericsson is solvent, the company has strong cash reserves and is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Cons

Extremely arrogant company, regularly lays people off and doesn't allow them to return (USA) if you quit. Compensation is on the low end, which ties to being worthy to just work at Ericsson. Lousy office environment, management leads by fear! "Do what we say or you'll be let go" attitude.

Stop only hiring Indian employees, promote based on merit and not who you know. Ease up on the arrogance!

Swedish Culture rules

Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Professional in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Professional in San Jose, CA

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Generally fair, open-minded management. Global company with opportunity learn and grow. Dominant telecom player. Moving into datacom space. Honest.

Cons

You better be Swedish if you want significant opportunities. Ericsson, like most foreign based companies, don't understand Silicon Valley and Silicon Valley culture. So, if you want to work for Ericsson in the USA expect to conform to irrelevant policies, procedures, ideologies, etc...

Don't think because you're a global company that your Swedish approach works well everywhere else in the world. Think global but act local.

One of the best places to work in Spain

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide

Pros

Good infrastructure, diversified ethnic. Possibility to work from home.

Cons

No benefits, No clear goals

Ericsson Los Angeles office . Not Indian - don't bother applying.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefit package. Location in el segundo is good.

Cons

As said in the title : %80 of employees are from India . Not sure how this is legal, but if you belong to any other ethnic group, you won't get hired or succeed here.

Ericsson Severance

Former Employee - Project Manager in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ericsson still has one of the better severance packages out there for US-based employees. 1 week of pay for each year, plus if you have more than 25 years of sever, an extra 8. Plus they pay medical for one year.

Cons

Ericsson emphasizes and "open space" office workplace concept; comfortable for younger employees, not favorable to older, established workforce.

Director of Sales

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ericsson-Worldwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation. Benefits. time-off policies. Training.

Cons

Work-life balance. Too political. Lack of opportunity for promotion.

Stop hindering mobility within the organization. Drop the policy that says, "we attract talent from outside to attain new perspectives" but then blackball re-hires because they left to gain that outside perspective you so desperately desire. Hold management accountable for their words and actions and don't allow sacrificial lambs.

Ericsson-Worldwide Photos