Erie Community College

www.ecc.edu

Erie Community College Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

It has its ups and downs

Clerk Typist (Current Employee) Williamsville, NY

ProsYou get to positively interact with students

ConsNo benefits for part timers, lack of communication between departments and from upper to lower administrative offices, some people think they are so much bigger than what they really are.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us some benefits! Act like you appreciate us!

A bureaucratic nightmare.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Amherst, NY

ProsThe people that make up the college are generally good people, especially the further down the ladder you get.

ConsLittle opportunity for advancement, merit is largely irrelevant in the face of whom you happen to know. Part Time Employees are treated especially harshly. A large number of inefficient and fiscally irresponsible decisions that ultimately harm long term profit/employee retention for the sake of short time corner cutting.

Advice to Senior ManagementRunning a college like a business has its merits, but a proper business thinks of longterm sustainability and ramifications of any purchases it makes or does not make and the policy it implements.

Skip it

ProsYou get a pay check

ConsIt is the most awful place I've ever worked. There's a lot of harassment that takes place and isn't handled properly. And they discriminate against women and minorities.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly hire people who are actually qualified for their positions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's an ok place to work. The staff is amazing.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Williamsville, NY

ProsThe people are the colleges most valuable asset. They truly believe in their organization and it's students. Advancement is their, but slow.

ConsAdvancement is slow. Your ideas aren't always considered and if they're accepted you may not be given credit for it.

It's all about who you know

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsSalary and benefits are great

ConsHard work doesn't get you anywhere- it's all about who you know.

The students are fantastic at ECC!

ProsThe diversity and background of the students.

ConsInternal politics. The best and brightest certainly do not get promoted or in most cases even interviewed.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend a day shadowing the workers in the trenches - those employees that actually assist the students and clients.

Needs work

ProsIf you're a full-time employee, the hours are great. A lot of time off, personal days/sick days/holidays.

ConsMicromanaging, lack of communication, poor use of time, unorganized
    Costly parking
    Hiring freeze

Advice to Senior ManagementHire an Organizational leader to really change things

Worked for Erie Community College? Contribute to the Community!