Erlanger Health System

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Brexler

Erlanger Health System allowed for growth and life long learning.

ProsGreat benefits, helpful staff, teamwork

ConsFrequent changes in upper management, big facility

Not the best....not the worst.

Nursing Assistant (Current Employee)
    Chattanooga, TN

ProsI've enjoyed the floor I've been on since I got here. My co-workers have been experienced and pleasant to work with.

ConsVery short staffed. All the time. Unstable management - constantly changing policies and procedures.

descent place to work

Patient Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Chattanooga, TN

Prosstable work, good work environment, good chance to move up with company or transfer to another area. good education opportunities.

Consnever rarely receive raises, salaries are too low should pay more for this growing hospital.management could be better .

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

do not work here!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Chattanooga, TN

ProsI like working three twelve hour shifts a week.

ConsMgmt. is horrible here. It's not only upper mgmt but middle mgmt. as well. My nurse mgr. is horrible and many great nurses have left because of her and no one above her cares.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper level mgmt. needs to pay attention to high nurse turn over as it is a major red flag.

Over ten years in non-clinical support roles @ Erlanger

Chattanooga, TN

ProsOpportunities for learning and position transfers were available.

ConsPay is set at time of hire and raises are only provided across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider "pay for performance" in the future.

It's too soon to tell

Patient Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Chattanooga, TN

ProsThey have great insurance benefits

ConsThe salary for employees is horrible!! Instead of them paying me for my degree, knowledge & experience, they only pay on experience.

Great facility for growth

Speech Pathologist (Current Employee)
    Chattanooga, TN

ProsThe working atmosphere is great with helpful employees and a clean and comfortable environment to work in each day. The physicians are excellent in providing care and following recommendations of supportive staff. The hospital has an open forum for all to share thoughts and concerns.

ConsThe facility is not at market base for salary and hourly wages at this time. Due to high costs for being a community hospital, the facility has difficulty maintaining the highest technology for nursing.

Had many job titles along with duties and completed everything as required with no recognition.

Surgical Tech/Surgical Purchasing/Materials Handling/Scheduling Ect, (Current Employee)
    Chattanooga, TN

ProsCould get hours,steady work,steady pay and rewarding knowing that I made a difference in someones life.

ConsNot enough staff one person maybe doing 5 or 6 different jobs while others do 1 job and go home. (at NOON)and the person carrying the load of many titles and positions doesnt get any recognition doesnt get any more incentives and then will be asked why does it take them so long to get All the required duties done. when you have someone who takes on more than five positions and gets them done and doesnt ask for anything In my view should be recognized in some kind of way besides "why your day last longer than others when others are leaving at noon and your there till 5-6pm trying with everything you have to get things done and done right. if you are a hard worker and want to do things right its not a place for that,it has its own weird atmosphere and if you dont fit in with that it will never work out as a place for you to work.

Advice to Senior Management75% of Managemennt needs to be moved out of their positions,Management should be educated and should take continuing education especially the ones dealing with employees directly the world is an ever changing place and stagnant uneducated management is sure to capivate failure on all levels.Managers/Supervisor should be required to know the duties of and how to do the job duties of the people they manage. Upper management really needs to know whats going on in each department, Undercover Boss would be a great idea.

no future with this job, no advancement

Electronic Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee)

Prosthere was no advancements in this job, no future pay raise, or positions.

Consno advancements in the job,dead end.

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of business and not always think of yourself

Fantastic place...they really continue teaching their employees to give best care possible.

ProsGreat managers! Respect fellow employees...work together.

ConsProblems with CEO...money problems creating hiring freezes.

Worked for Erlanger Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Erlanger Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Erlanger Health System CEO Jim Brexler. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Erlanger Health System employees.