Escalate Reviews

CEO

A Very Nice Place for Ambitious Interns

Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I worked at Escalate part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Escalate is an amazing place to work in for college interns, fresh graduates and those who seek to develop their career in the experiential marketing industry. As the HR intern, I was in charge of the full-cycle recruiting for Winter and Summer Internship programs. We make sure that all the candidates we selected are person-job fit as well as person-organization fit. For me, it was an excellent chance to learn and improve my own skills throughout the whole process. Being an intern at Escalate is exciting while exhausting. You won't get a chance to lay back and check your Facebook. The managers pay attention to career and skill development in-house. In other words, they are always teaching you new things through your day-to-day tasks, and their mentorships help you to "escalate" your work to the next level of excellence. What's more? Escalate is a work place full of fun. We have different kinds of culture and career development events throughout the year.

Cons

Escalate has good time-off policies, performance review policies and leadership support. The only problem is that the agency is very strict toward its cost-control policies and have no budget to provide any monetary compensation to interns. For those who really need financial support from the employer, the internship at Escalate may not be a good fit for you. However, if you want to work with great brands and would like to have fun in doing your everyday job, Escalate is the right place for you to go.

From HR's perspective, the Agency should enhance the cross-functional communication in different groups and encourage quick followup. Also, I think HR should analyze the real talent needs, especially in its internship program. Sometimes the historical headcount may not be valid and reliable enough, given the projects and real business are changing from year to year. The company can use less interns, and let each intern do more tasks. The Agency shouldn't give our partners and competitors the impression that the company is running by interns.

Would never work there

I worked at Escalate as an intern

Pros

The core team that works there is small and close-knit.

Cons

They use unpaid interns to do their grunt work and then they cut them loose. There is not much going on in the office from the looks of it but again, those who are part of the close-knit circle seem to be working on something. The rest of us just don't get to know what that is. There is a bit of snobbiness in the air from quite a few people and there are suspicious looks thrown around all the time. There is a strained relationship between the staff and the interns. Also, they hire contractors and use interns as a rule in order to get projects done.

Stop using unpaid interns to do your dirty work. It is not a sustainable or respectable business plan. Also, you get what you pay for. That's business.

Escalate Really Does Escalate Experience!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Escalate full-time

Pros

Escalate is an incredible agency. They care deeply about their employees and about their personal growth and career development. They treat interns as if they were family and encourage their growth as well. From bi-weekly company meetings where industry information and knowledge is shared to mentorship programs to Leadership sessions and 'Online University,' they demonstrate that they care about them as individuals. They have an annual employee engagement survey and clearly try to address employee issues and concerns. It's a diverse environment where everyone can be free to be themselves and individuality is celebrated. The executive leadership has an open door policy and it really does feel like family. The new office is simply fabulous with lots of creative areas to get out of your desk and let ideas flow. Oh, and did I mention their super cool coffee machine where you can get gourmet beverages? I just love it here, can you tell? They have a generous vacation and holiday schedule and you can often work out working remotely if you need to stay at home for the repairman. They are very flexible and accommodating. They have a committee that plans internal events for the team so that we can get to spend time with each other in a fun and relaxed environment and create great memories.

Cons

You have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and work hard. But don't be afraid, this is a work hard, play hard environment.

Lots of new policies and procedures were rolled out during the past year which are great but it happened too quickly. Would have been great to let it absorb before introducing more. At this point it seems that everyone is on board and the results of these efforts are positive.

Unorganized recent grads running the place

Former Employee - Field Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Field Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Escalate as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Payed well for the amount of hours worked. Some of the people I worked with were nice.

Cons

The program I worked on wasn't organized when they hired me, so there were quite a few glitches to be worked out. Whenever there was a glitch on the agency end, the people in the field were blamed. They expected unrealistic results, which I imagine came from being inexperienced. This agency is not as new as when I worked with them. Hopefully they are hiring people with more experience to coordinate inside the office.

The people working in the office should get some experience in the field before coordinating for them.

Churn out constant unpaid interns, then let them loose.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Escalate as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, young work environment, work schedule is fairly simple and so is the work load.

Cons

They take Fall, Spring, and Summer unpaid interns. When the internship is up there is no offer for a full time job. They tend to try to contract outside employees instead of hiring within.

Small... was moving around due to the Hurricane

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Escalate as an intern

Pros

- laidback atmosphere (casual to business casual depending on your position)
    - management was friendly
    - free stuff sometimes

Cons

- saw more interns than employees
    - not sure what everyone else was actually doing
    - not a very busy company

Some of your employees are clearly taking advantage of the company...

Amazing! The company is the ideal place to work for young people.i love it and I'm still in college

Current Employee - Social Media in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Social Media in New York, NY

I have been working at Escalate as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very laid back. No one is afraid to be themselves. No harsh environments and easy to work in.

Cons

Not many cons, little communication enhancements needed.

Keep doing what you're doing. I love working there.