Escalate Reviews

Reset
4.0
CEO

1. neutral outlook

Pros

The company has some very high profile clients and very cool activation tours to work on.

Cons

Some days you can come in and they have absolutely no work for you, so you sit there for 9 hours hoping for some sort of work to keep you entertained.

2. Marketing Intern Experience

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Everyone is nice and open for talking and sharing. I learned a lot during my intern!

Cons

Maybe more inter-department experience for interns.

3. Fun learning experience

Pros

Responsibilities and work-load are balanced.

Cons

SOmetimes too much work , nevertheless it's a fun place to work for

5. Great experience as intern and employee

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time working at Escalate. I started as a summer intern which was a great learning experience for experiential marketing. I was then hired full time and I'm really happy with my current job. It's a great environment and ideal location. People are friendly and collaborative, and my team has really helped me move up in the industry and learn so much.

Cons

Sometimes lack of communication between teams.

6. Mediocre Marketing Internship Program

Pros

Negative, lackluster, subpar work experiences are an unfortunate part of life that few are blessed to go their entire professional life without. For the rest of us, this is one of the bad experiences that we have to face and it can only serve to make us stronger. It will remind you that you are worth more than some unpaid internship. I am thankful for learning to put a higher value on my time while still in college. I know better now. Thank you Escalate!

Cons

There is no direction for this internship program. You are on your own except to complete meaningless tasks like budget maintenance, making copies and delivering mail to UPS a few blocks away. Basically, you are there so that the actual paid employees catch a break from the parts of their jobs they don't want to do. The internship is exploitative in nature and actually illegal by US intern labor laws. Don't expect to learn here. It is an awkward work environment and tense perhaps because the internship is wrong and they know it. Many employees can barely stand to make eye contact with interns due to guilt.

Advice to Management

Stop kidding yourself, you don't run an internship program. It is consistent free labor. There is no benefit to the intern. At least give a stipend for travel or don't suggest it in the job description.

7. Positive experience interning here!

Former Employee - Summer Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in New York, NY

Pros

-Got to research a lot of companies as part of the new business team. -Was able to help members of different departments, thereby learning a lot about the agency environment as a whole. -Had a close relationship with my supervisors, which proved to be very helpful in my networking and finding opportunities for future employment. -Saw upward mobility of employees as they were given promotions. -Has a small agency feel. Everyone knows each other and is very friendly. -Casual environment to work in. They are a company that does work for serious clients, but doesn't take themselves too seriously. They know how to unwind and have a good time.

Cons

-Wish I was kept a little busier on a day-to-day basis.

8. Overall, a great experience so far

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Escalate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Has a small agency feel. Everyone knows each other and is very friendly. - They are on the road to a more integrated agency work experience - They encourage collaboration daily - Large emphasis on organizational processes to streamline workflow, client relations and project management - They value digital solutions to be integrated into agency communications, and client programs - Casual environment to work in.

Cons

-Their focus on organizational processes seems forced, and takes a lot of staff time that upper management does not seem to understand. - Employee morale is a challenge.

Advice to Management

The strong emphasis on "accountability" makes some staff uncomfortable. It would be nice to see more value communicated in the hardworking staff that delivers. Offering more employee perks and better compensation could trigger more staff to embrace the company, its initiatives and share about their work more.

9. Decent place to be short term. Upper management hinders chance for career growth.

Pros

Good work schedule, great culture and coworkers. Nice comradery and great client and projects.

Cons

Upper management doesn't inspire and hinders career growth. Does not promote based on accomplishments but only does across the board for on an annual basis, which is not a merit based system. Has hired a lot of new executives to try to find new clients who then don't follow up or work on actual programs.

10. Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Operations Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Escalate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of freedom for professional growth very quick moving environment and very engaging

Cons

A company that doesnt see the forest for the trees

Advice to Management

treat your employees better

11. A Very Nice Place for Ambitious Interns

Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Human Resources in New York, NY

I worked at Escalate part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Escalate is an amazing place to work in for college interns, fresh graduates and those who seek to develop their career in the experiential marketing industry. As the HR intern, I was in charge of the full-cycle recruiting for Winter and Summer Internship programs. We make sure that all the candidates we selected are person-job fit as well as person-organization fit. For me, it was an excellent chance to learn and improve my own skills throughout the whole process. Being an intern at Escalate is exciting while exhausting. You won't get a chance to lay back and check your Facebook. The managers pay attention to career and skill development in-house. In other words, they are always teaching you new things through your day-to-day tasks, and their mentorships help you to "escalate" your work to the next level of excellence. What's more? Escalate is a work place full of fun. We have different kinds of culture and career development events throughout the year.

Cons

Escalate has good time-off policies, performance review policies and leadership support. The only problem is that the agency is very strict toward its cost-control policies and have no budget to provide any monetary compensation to interns. For those who really need financial support from the employer, the internship at Escalate may not be a good fit for you. However, if you want to work with great brands and would like to have fun in doing your everyday job, Escalate is the right place for you to go.

Advice to Management

From HR's perspective, the Agency should enhance the cross-functional communication in different groups and encourage quick followup. Also, I think HR should analyze the real talent needs, especially in its internship program. Sometimes the historical headcount may not be valid and reliable enough, given the projects and real business are changing from year to year. The company can use less interns, and let each intern do more tasks. The Agency shouldn't give our partners and competitors the impression that the company is running by interns.

RSS Feed </> Embed