Eschenbach Optik of America

CEO

Satisfied Territory Manager

Current Employee - Territory Manager  in  Danbury, CT
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Danbury, CT

Pros

As a Territory Manager, I find that I am given a great deal of independence to achieve my goals. Yes, the job requires travel, but I knew that when I accepted the job. Everything management represented to me about the job was "spot on". The compensation plan is very straightforward - sell more and make more. In addition to commissions, there are ample opportunities to earn extra $$ through incentives and bonuses. Product line is very good and new products are always coming out! This is the first sales job I've had where 1. I know how my commission is calculated, and 2. I am given more information about sales in my territory than I have time to read.

Cons

Some aspects of product line need attention. Need new video supplier. This job is not for the salesperson who "wants to be left alone" to "do things 'my' way". Management runs a "tight ship" here. There is no time here to "coast". Management is always implementing some new type of selling initiative in hopes of increasing sales.

Continue to do things to make it possible for sales people to make more money. Definitely try to advertise to consumers. The market needs more consumer demand to grow.

Falling behind - No Professional Sales or Marketing personnel involved in Management

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

Pros

If you want to be away from home 75% of the time, this is the company job for you.

Cons

The company is under the thumb of 1 bean counter that has little to offer as a manager of people and even less understanding of sales. The sales knowledge of the people in charge is truly sub-par and mostly academic in nature. The professional members of the sales team are constantly berated and treated as though they are the ones causing the company to slide. Actual quote from management at a sales meeting, "What we're doing isn't working so to figure out why, we're bringing in a statistical consultant." The big idea at this sales meeting; accounting for all activity every minute of every day with more reporting requirements.

Stop with the statistical analysis, you're in a people business. That's why your equations and math aren't adding up in the real world. The good years were despite your sales management skills, your team-building is nonexistent and management style is oppressive. Focus on keeping up with the Industry, we'll continue to carry you along.

Worked for Eschenbach Optik of America? Contribute to the Community!