Escher Group

1.8

CEO

Dysfunctional

I have been working at Escher Group full-time

Pros

good benefits, nice people, nice work environmet

Cons

no processes - no procedures

empower your people

I worked with a great team and really enjoyed my time there

Former Employee - Contractor in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Contractor in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Escher Group

Pros

Unbeatable location.
    Great offices.
    Clever, helpful, nice people.
    Full buffet lunch on a Friday.
    Interesting product suite.

I worked on contract in this organisation and had a very positive experience; the work was interesting and varied, my input and suggestions were welcome and I felt appreciated. I think this was largely down to the team I was on and my own manager who was excellent.

Cons

The staff turnover seems a little high.

Delegate to individual managers more.

Great company for lower level employees

I worked at Escher Group

Pros

Great location, Friday lunch where there is a bit of craic. Generally good atmosphere around with decent people if you make an effort.

There are a number of teams in Escher all working in different areas, some very cutting edge stuff going on with intelligent tech leads.

It is my opinion that many of the gripes on here are with senior management, I don't necessarily disagree with them, just never experienced it directly. That said, if you are a lower/mid level guy in the tech area then you will be insulated from that and Escher will provide you with a positive experience. It ain't perfect but nowhere is.

If you are thinking about joining then think about what you want out of and what level you will join at. Don't just disregard based on the many negative remarks here.

Cons

Rigid upper management structure that can sometimes lead to not so practical targets. Very little formal process for a lot of things, this is being improved by the quarter however.

Senior management seem to be a real issue here and tend to develop a bad feeling in people that seems to propogate through the whole company. There is no need for it.

Loosen the reins a tad.

It was once a nice place to work

I have been working at Escher Group full-time

Pros

Small company with some great people - there is a lot of talent in the place with lots of dynamic self motivated individuals but the wrong people are increasingly getting to run the place, causing the good ones to give up and leave...

Cons

The staff are stifled by the management who want to control absolutely everything about the place. Some senior management have difficult and overbearing personalities which puts a lot of people off - thus the high turnover of staff.

"Love the Friday Lunch"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Escher Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, nice mix of cultures and plenty of good quality work. Some really interesting projects and customers all over the world.
    There is a great Friday lunch and it gives a chance to meet everybody.

Cons

Although City center location is good, car parking is an issue and maybe a formal Induction Policy would be good.

Blame-storming and disrespect

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Escher Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Attractive City Center location
    Free soft drinks and good coffee
    Middle management try their best to maintain a civil working environment

Cons

The stunning level of disrespect shown to staff from Senior Management is completely unprofessional and unacceptable.
    Every issue met during a project must first have a round of 'Blame-storming' so as to belittle the team involved.
    Attrition, particularly in the customer facing team, is outrageously high. The root cause of which is definitely the bullying from Senior Management.
    The amount of disrespect shown to the development teams from the Senior Management is also beyond comprehension.
    No process between teams. No sharing of information on strategy or opportunities.
    No training is provided, although it is promised in the interviews.
    No induction process.
    A clique mentality is maintained between the few people who have been there the longest. The knowledge that a new team member will most likely not survive a few months, particularly if they stand up to the bullying.
    A feeling of 'walking on eggshells' in the office once Senior Management are present.

Middle Management need to stand up to the bullying behaviors of the Senior Management. Protect your team members. Attend some Management training.
    A 'Free Lunch Friday' is not penance enough for a week's worth of bullying.
    Hire a HR manager to assist all employees in dealing with the culture of blame, and personal attacks in the company.
    That is, if a suitably strong HR candidate can be found.

It's obvious why there is no HR department in Escher

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Escher Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Overlooking Stephen's Green.
    Some nice people trying their best to make the working experience pleasant, but that is an impossible battle!

Cons

Senior Management (and anyone who has had the displeasure of working here knows exactly who I am taking about) have the most rotten to the core attitude I have ever experienced. The disrespect shown to staff is beyond comprehension. Bullying and blame placement are the standard management style, and no effort whatsoever is made to maintain a civil and enjoyable working environment.
    No process, no training, no induction, no visibility of strategies!!!
    When the first question staff ask each other every morning is "how is the boss's mood?", there are obviously serious issues that need to be addressed immediately.
    If Escher had a HR department, run properly, senior management would either be out of a job, or the staff would immediately be treated with the basic respect they deserve.
    One free lunch on Friday, does not cancel out five days of bullying and disrespect.

Behave like professionals, and treat your staff with respect.
    Middle management need to stand up for their own staff and put a stop to the everyday nonsense and environment that surely only acts to inflate the ego of a bully

Going in the right direction

I have been working at Escher Group full-time

Pros

Despite the other comments, this is a progressive company who reward hard work and loyalty. New processes and procedures are being implemented. There is unlimited scope for ambitious hard working people, none of the red tape that exists in large multinationals applies in this company. Great office culture and cutting-edge R&D.

Cons

New processes and procedures may take a little more time to implement than in other companies. While there has been improvement in the Senior Management team there is room for further improvement which I believe will happen.

Communication skills need further improvement.

Going in the wrong direction.

I have been working at Escher Group full-time

Pros

Good Dublin central city center location.

Cons

Management strongly pushing to work many “free” overtime hours. There is bullying and unacceptable management styles. No flexible working hours.

Organization should find people with good management experience and treat your staff with respect.

Obviously Senior Management have posted a review

Current Employee - Software Developer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Escher Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The ONLY pro is location.

Cons

Regarding the right direction. Obviously written in an attempt to mislead. Totally paranoid dysfunctional leadership, I would not even mention the word management as this would insult anyone with management skills. Hard work and loyalty can be rewarded with dismissal, abuse, plain pig ignorance is the culture of the company. So many have left this company after a few weeks employment. Don't get sucked in to even thinking that this is an average company. Read lack or processes as chaos where the loudest voice wins.

Keep it up, you obviously think that you are doing a great job. Who am I to shatter your delusions.