Espial

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jaison Dolvane

Good Experience in IPTV

Customer Support (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsGood exposure to work on mission critical system, and able to play vital role of solution architect to many tier-1 European customers as their IPTV business grew with our company product.

ConsPoor strategic decisions of some products, leading to confusion and unnecessary anxiety on every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetaining existing customers, and respect to employee's skills. Communicate periodically company goals, and steps required to achieve with feedback on progress made on the goals

How Espial wasted the wonderful opportunity - acquisition of Kasenna so cheaply

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsIt was a great place to learn IPTV technology, especially the VOD server technology. The middle management is really nice to work with, despite the senior management.

ConsThe executive management is not fully competent to navigate the complexities of the IPTV industry at the current time. The NIH syndrome along with limited experience in US will set the company back in till 3Q09.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management needs to fully understand the implications of some of the product decisions - not make the decisions emotionally or based on location. They would also need to raise the morale of their engineering team.

Working for Espial is great!

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsI'm a new grad and working at Espial has been great. The work is varied and interesting and I've gotten a lot of support from management. People are friendly and helpful, with a small company feel, but because Espial is international you get to work with people all over the world. The environment is casual and flexible and the location, on Elgin, is easy to get to both for drivers and those who take public transit. Overall, my time at Espial has been wonderful.

ConsThe office is kind of chaotic and messy, but we're moving floors next month. Because the company is international meetings can be at all hours of the day/

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great for someone just graduated.

ProsPeople in the team are very helpful. The company is located in downtown Ottawa, which is a huge plus since major bus stops all go there.

ConsAs a engineer, you have to carry the support phone for one week. Depends on the number of people in your team, the frequency of carry the phone may be once a month or once every 2 months. This is a bit inconvenient since you can't stay far from the computer during the week that you have to carry the phone.

Learned a lot, and a great team

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGreat technology in a rapidly developing IP TV market that will stand the team there in good stead as the TV experience moves to open internet technology.

ConsEspial is a smaller company size company that will remain susceptible to market changes and offers limited scope for career progression

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing...it will all come out in the wash.

Worked for Espial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Espial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Espial CEO Jaison Dolvane. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Espial employees.