Esri

Esri Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Esri President Jack Dangermond

Jack Dangermond

Pros
  • Work-life balance, benefits, the employees, the campus(in 13 reviews)

• Great benefits and time of for new parents(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no career path - pick your life's work and you will be just fine(in 15 reviews)

• No opportunity for career growth unless someone ahead of you retires or leaves the company(in 12 reviews)

Esri

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redlands, CA

ProsFamily first company. Very nice place to work

ConsNothing bad to say about the company

Worth it

ProsGood benefits, profit sharing, fulfilling work, great owner, awesome people to work with, mature management, good life/work balance, if something isn't good or working, it gets fixed or changed.

ConsYou need self confidence and to be a self-starter, you may find yourself left on your own to make a difference. California management culture may be difficult for some to understand.

AWESOME place to work!!!

Intern (Former Employee) Redlands, CA

ProsWorking with creative, brilliant, talented people from all over the world on a beautiful campus where you have endless opportunities to learn, grow, and be involved in the quaint Redlands community.

ConsThe morale and day-to-day experience tends to vary depending on which department you work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sr Software Engineer

ProsHQ only: A real office, not cubicle. Nice profit sharing, full benefits a la Microsoft. Very stable company that provides employment for life. Nice city, quiet life, low real estate prices.

ConsNot much career movement. If you want something more, you either move to the less quiet area or create a startup.

Satisfied and learned a lot from the co workers

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Redlands, CA

ProsVery satisfied with the Work Environment, People are really friendly

ConsLimited opportunities, Pay rate is comparatively less

Great place to work, you will need to find your path here

Pros-Great people - always willing to help, tend to be very friendly
    -Best GIS technology - leading the field
    -Relaxed culture - casual atmosphere makes most things easier
    -Very little hierarchy in most divisions
    -Incredible benefits
    -Good pay - you won't get filthy rich, but you will be fairly compensated

ConsIts still a group of people. There is some politics, but not too much. Sometimes the technical direction seems to shift before settling onto a clear path. Not all groups are fully connected. You will need to find your own career here, but the good news is you can move around inside the company

If it's right for you, then it's very right for you

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLots of freedom, very smart people, clear vision and industry leadership.

ConsPay below average and culture tolerates free-loaders.

Great place to work

Intern (Current Employee) Redlands, CA

ProsEveryone who works here is friendly and passionate about their work.

ConsIt's in Redlands, which isn't the most interesting place to live.

It's all about mapping

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redlands, CA

ProsGreat benefits, great people. Lots of trees and plenty of work to be done.

ConsDepending on your team: crazy politics, micromanagement, very scattered responsibilities, with very little advancement opportunity.

General - older workforce with an old school mentality, very reactive.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for more cross-functional development of your workforce and reduce the glorification of being busy amongst teams.

Nice environment to work for GIS professinals

Product Engineer (Current Employee) Redlands, CA

ProsVery good work like balance and benefits, folks in software department are very intelligent.

ConsCompany location: Redlands, CA. This is not a happening place like some of the other urban areas in US.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your planning. War-room goes on for ages without releasing the software.

Worked for Esri? Contribute to the Community!