Essential Data Reviews

Reset
3.3
Antoinette Allocca
1 Rating

An enriching experience that fosters your professional development

Current Contractor - Technical Communicator in Houston, TX
    Current Contractor - Technical Communicator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Essential Data as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I have thoroughly enjoyed my employment with Essential Data. Not only is the company easy to work with, but it also employs engagement managers (akin to program managers) that are knowledgeable and do their best to make sure both the client and the consultant (employee) is satisfied. I can personally attest to my own experience with the Houston division. My engagement mananger has been nothing but the best in making sure that the varied projects I am assigned to (sometimes multiple projects simultaneously) are a good fit for both myself and the client. Beyond the assignments themselves, my manager is also available for status updates and discussions concerning my professional development and possible rate increase(s) based on continuing education, certifications, job experience, high-end client projects, etc. I also enjoy the flexibility I am afforded in my position, and the "have your back" attitude my manager has should there be a miscommunication with the client or any unforeseen events occur.

Cons

Usually I have at least one or two cons about any company I work for, but surprisingly I have no real downside comments to make about Essential Data. The only possible complaints I might have deal with one or two clients we have dealt with, but that is no fault to the company.

Advice to Management

The only advice I would share is to continue to developing the skills already being used as they are working well for the company.

2. Not Even Worth ONE Star!

Former Freelancer - Consultant in Hartford, CT
    Former Freelancer - Consultant in Hartford, CT

I worked at Essential Data (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pros I can think of is the fact that they do a thorough job of drilling the opportunity into your head during the interview process.

Cons

These people are ruthless! Positively ruthless! I've just been made aware by a colleague that for their sales rep positions that they advertise online, they are very deceitful. They will put you through a two-step interview process. They spin sell you throughout the interview process. They don't tell you until the very end of the interview process that you will work on straight commission. What's worse is if you are currently employed, they want you to work part time for them during business hours to build a revenue stream that will support you once you join them full time. Did you read that? They want you to only work 50% of the time for your present employer who is paying you to work full time and providing you with benefits. This is fraudulent and its a felony in some states. DON'T DO IT!

Advice to Management

You guys are burned out. It's time to sell. Don't belittle top talent when you yourself are not so wise.

Successful contributions by all towards the team effort.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

While working on various projects for different clients, senior management has always stood by their employees if there were any perceived problems by the client. Senior management has also always made themselves available for discussing issues, new ideas, salary negotiations, etc.

Cons

Contract work can be intermittent due to client's being unsure or unknowing of what they want or need from EDC.

RSS Feed </> Embed