Essintial Enterprise Solutions

Updated June 12, 2014

2.4

Essintial Enterprise Solutions President & CEO Tom York
Tom York

A decent job, good pay, ok benefits

Pros

Good people, nice environment, knowledgeable staff

Cons

Management and company direction. Much of the work is contract based and can disappear.

Won't be around much longer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Pros

Starting pay and their location

Cons

This is probably the most inefficient company I have ever worked for. What makes it worse is they are understaffed (probably because everyone knows not to work here). If only they had a clue and used software from this century too. Poor work environment, below average management, co-workers with horrible personalities and attitudes.

Hope a larger company buys you out someday before you go under.

Such an awesome company concept, such disappointing leadership and organization.

Current Employee - Call Center Agent
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent

Pros

Some of the people here are really cool. You also have the opportunity to work from home if the weather is really bad. Over time you can find friends all over the world by helping them in the field and getting to know them.

Cons

Leadership, there have been multiple management changes and it doesn't seem like any of them are trained to deal with overseeing people. Very unprofessional and rude. The attendance policy is locked down because there are not enough people to cover the different departments. So work life balance completely goes out the window. People are expected to learn multiple departments on their own, no raises are ever given- no matter how many departments you learn. Your equipment (Laptop) is almost 8 years old. A lot of software is free-ware and doesn't work correctly. Management is very condescending, practices favoritism, and doesn't know your job well enough to help you. Promotions are usually given to pre-chosen agents behind closed doors. They were offering interviews for a while but then decided to go back to the old way. Very few opportunities unless you're in someone's back pocket.

Stop treating your employees like they don't matter. Understand that people have a life out side of work, and that they are allowed to, and it shouldn't hurt their professional career. Also understand that you don't give employees anything to work for. There's no raises, you get buried in medical bills with our insurance, and most people can't pay their bills on what we make. Also stop taking the lack of staffing knowledge out on the people on the floor. Asking people to do multiple functions and still get paid less than some people who only do one function is like a slap in the face.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing

Pros

Starting pay is OK, some of the people are friendly, almost has potential.

Cons

No raises ever, no promotions, poor benefits, no 401K matching, high insurance premiums, very inefficiently run, toxic work environment, poor air quality in building causing breathing problems (allergies, nose bleeds), uses too many shareware programs and programs over a decade old, poor work-life balance.

Change your name. How many well-known, Fortune 500 companies, spell their name wrong? All that shows other companies is that you can't spell or you're too lazy to get a thesaurus to find another word that means the same as essential.

Poor

Current Employee - Senior Developer  in  Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Mechanicsburg, PA

Pros

They pay well, but they need to.

Cons

They are completely disorganized. Their products are legacy running on 10+ old code. The requirements for the positions there mandate being on call because their stuff is so buggy that it constantly needs monitoring and fixed. They have all their eggs in one basket and no one you report to actually works in the area so support when getting started is nil.

Hire additional people and upgrade your applications. dig the knowledge out of Mike so if something happens to him you are left holding an empty basket with no one to turn to.

Poor Management

Pros

use to be an ok company to work for until they hired unprofessional managers!

Cons

Management team discriminates against their employees and they bully employees to work round the clock with no breaks they make threats about firing you. This company has no room for advancement and they do not give any raises. They treat long term employees like crap due to certain managers having no management skills and this company is a lawsuit waiting to happen. They are always cutting employees pay rather then giving raises to hard working employees that have been loyal to this company!! They do not care about their employees AT ALL!!

lay off the current management team and hire real people who are skilled at managing employees and can better the company. If the president/Ceo Tom doesn't take control this company will go under!! I strongly recommend you hire a new sales team as well because this company is always struggling due to poor contracts!!

Sinking Ship

Pros

A group of employees really care about this company and try ever day to make a difference. Unfortunately, they are small in number.

Cons

MANAGEMENT IS A CON...FULL OF CONS... This is by far the worst team of management that I have ever worked for. There is no communication, no sense of ownership and certainly no leadership. This is a sinking ship and they are too blind to see it. Many good employees have been forced out due to poor management and I am sure that trend will continue. It is a complete shame and I feel sorry for those who show up every day and pour their heart and soul into this company.

I would suggest some professional communication. Stop the "King of the Jungle" contest and put the company first for a change. Stop wasting money on things that do not improve the bottom line. Stop promoting and giving raises to employees that do not deserve it. The favortism and shady behavior by upper management in appalling and offensive. This company is a lawsuit away from totally self destructing. I certainly hope that you get your act together before it's too late.

Great

Pros

Great workforce , great employees , good people to work with

Cons

Sometimes unorganized and slow. Help desk support could be faster

Essintial is turning a corner...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Pros

We went through some difficult times after our merger of two companies, but recently within the last 6 months, things have started getting progressively better. The management is more engaged, we are seeing more communication, they even took some of the company out to a ballgame! I really look forward to seeing what they will do in the next 6 months!

Cons

We have some antequated systems, mainly our system we use for call management and finance. I wish we could go to more of a windows based system that was easier to move around in.

Keep moving in the right direction, and keep the training coming. You recently held some training that my manager attended and her attitude has improved 1000%

Essintial its a Fine job but not a great career

Current Employee - Field Support Engineer  in  Mechanicsville, PA
    Current Employee - Field Support Engineer in Mechanicsville, PA

Pros

I get paid to sit around the house quite a bit, easy work, I start getting paid when I leave my door till I get back home.

Cons

They are really bad about discriminating information to those of us out in the field. They have a tendency to Micky Mouse most parts of their operation.

Hire a CA specific manager that lives in CA and can take the time to make the field reps out here into a Team that feel like part of the company.

Worked for Essintial Enterprise Solutions? Contribute to the Community!