Estée Lauder Companies

Estée Lauder Companies Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Estée Lauder Companies President, CEO, and Director Fabrizio Freda

Fabrizio Freda

Pros
  • Decent work-life balance, which - for most people - offsets the low pay(in 23 reviews)

• Great benefits,Amazing, creative, friendly, great customer service, quickly recognized(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance in Marketing role not always achievable(in 9 reviews)

• And that is why some senior management don't seem to be competent at all(in 14 reviews)

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary and excellent benefits, they take good care of there employees

ConsLong retail hours. Should give more training to the employees. Other than that no cons.

Fast paced, Learning, Challenging yet Nurturing

Associate Design Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of brands to work for, Stable business, Great career management

ConsVery fast paced, everyday could be challenging

Political and passive-aggressive culture

Director, Marketing (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsDecent work-life balance, which - for most people - offsets the low pay.

ConsPay is some of the lowest in the industry. Corporate structure is incredibly layered. No reason for Director, Executive Director, Vice President levels, especially within marketing. Even senior level employees lack autonomy.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower and enable employees to actually do their jobs. Stop rewarding face time.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extremely poor management guidance.

Production Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits and gratis are great. Very laid back atmosphere. Work-life balance is very good. Company looks great on a resume.

ConsVery low pay compared to competitors. If you know someone in the company you can get away with just about anything. Very hard to move up in the company unless you know someone. Management are too afraid to deal with conflicts and major issues never get resolved- you basically have to fend for yourself. HR does not keep conversations confidential.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pushing problems to the side and deal with them head on because they will only get worse the longer you wait. Reward or acknowledge your good employees. When you treat the horrible supervisors the way you treat the great ones they will lose motivation to continue to be great.

job hiring and advancement moves at glacial speed

Prosa job that pays is good

Consnot a place to advance

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your employees

Great job, awesome benefits, amazing AE.

Counter Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe company benefits are incredible. You get gratis 3x a year. School and trainings are super fun. My account executive was extremely supportive and helped coach me to be the best manager I could be.

ConsRegionals aren't too excited when they hear you want to move up in the company because they don't want to lose a counter manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your employee loves this company, then why hinder them on growth?

Beauty Industry

Member of Management (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat benefits,Amazing, creative, friendly, great customer service, quickly recognized

Conspay is awful, loss prevention is not freat

Advice to Senior Managementbe quick and savvy

Beauty Advisor

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Waco, TX

ProsGood training, great opportunity for experience, great way to build a clientele and relationships with customers

Consnone. this job is like an open book. what you see is what you get.

Great teams, some fabulous managers

COUNTER SALES (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsExcellent Training, Good Gratis programs, Love the Work itself

ConsRetail hours. Can't say enough about how bad retail hours are.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving some flexibility and/or consistency in schedules would motivate your top performers.

A great opportunity to build a career, rewarding part-time experience for a college student.

Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat perks
    Knowledgeable training and development
    Major room for internal promotion and moving up the ladder
    Brand and company notoriety, loyal reputation
    Makes hefty investments in employees
    Believes in the success of the individual and team

ConsDepending on supervisors, micromanaging can be an issue
    Because you are managed by both the retailer and the brand (EL), direction and coaching is not always consistent

Advice to Senior ManagementRetailers need to stay consistent to the coaching/managing strategies and goals set by Estee Lauder

Worked for Estée Lauder Companies? Contribute to the Community!