Estée Lauder Companies

Updated September 28, 2014
3.3

Estée Lauder Companies President, CEO, and Director Fabrizio Freda
Fabrizio Freda

Pros
  • Fair work life balance if you are willing to get your job done evenings and weekends (in 25 reviews)

• Great benefits,Amazing, creative, friendly, great customer service, quickly recognized (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • home based offices make work life balance an opportunity (in 12 reviews)

• And that is why some senior management don't seem to be competent at all (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Meh

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor  in  Lithonia, GA
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Lithonia, GA

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great discount, meet new people, great product

Cons

sales goals are attainable but if you work at dillards it's inflated almost unreasonable, i loved the people I worked with but hated the store management. But any retail position you get is always taxing. My advice: stay as long as you can stand it, make as much money then move on. If you wish to stay with this company and into corporate network at the estee lauder meetings, network network network!! Good luck!!

The lower level managment, phenomenal group of ladies, wouldn't know what goes on at headquarters didn't care enough

Good people, lots and lots of red tape.

Current Employee - Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with talented people, high standards, many opportunites to advance if you have the ambition, prestigious company, good heritage. Good benefits.

Cons

Work load is ridiculous, they are conservative with adopting new technology. pay is not great for mid-level unless you threaten to leave.

Create lunchroom/cafeteria space in the office

SAP documentation and Training intern

Current Employee - SAP Intern  in  Long Island, NC
    Current Employee - SAP Intern in Long Island, NC

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies as an intern for less than a year

Pros

` Supervisor is very nice and tries to teach and help you as much as possible.
    ` There are lots of external consultants from IBM, SAP and other companies working here, it's a great opportunity to build your networking.
    ` Get chance to learn many advanced softwares.
    ` Get chance to work with people from different functional groups.

Cons

` Internship is unpaid.
    ` Internship is not very formal and systematic, not fixed assignment, my work is based on what they need. And it's possible to get some tedious work to do even though they are not SAP related.
    `

` Pay the interns even though it could be legal min payment.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Average Workplace

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies

Pros

Flexible hours, good balance, friendly, diverse

Cons

Management is not always respondent

Give more and better feedback.

Wonderful family Company, but pay for entry/mid-level employees is below average

Current Employee - Coordinator  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people! Everyone is the Company is extremely friendly and seems to genuinely like what they do. Perks are great! 50% of all products plus lots of free ones that go around. Benefits (medical & dental) are very strong.

Cons

ELC is slow to promote and salary is below average. There is a reason many employees in their 20's and 30's leave- we like working here, but the pay is so hard to live off of in NYC. A huge miss on the Company's part is the overtime policy. For example- if you are a coordinator, work late hours and make overtime you could make an extra $20-30K a year! When you get promote and you are no longer eligible for overtime, it could take you 8-10 years to get back to the salary you earned when you first started.

In my 20's, I don't really have a work-life balance and I am ok with that. I do love this Company a lot, but am unfortunately looking elsewhere because of the salary gap.

Director of R&D

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies

Pros

Estee Lauder has a comprehensive benefits package. Compensation is more than fair. Great chances for growth. Very supportive of their employees

Cons

way too busy at times.

Opportunities from within

Current Employee - Counter Manager, ABA, Beauty Advisor
    Current Employee - Counter Manager, ABA, Beauty Advisor

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The training is transferable to other businesses. The work is seldom boring. The company seems to value the customer experience.

Cons

The commission pay outs for beauty advisors should be higher considering the sell goals. There is little room for advancement unless you are able to relocate.

The commission pay outs and bonuses or lack thereof have been established years ago. Re-evaluate the level of professionalism the positions require, the demands on employees and the turn over rate and make appropriate commission rate increases.

Marketing Intern

I worked at Estée Lauder Companies

Pros

Wonderful corporate culture that is positive and stimulating, so many opportunities to better yourself both inside and outside the company.

Cons

Fast Paced, everyone works very hard, with that said it can be a stressful work environment sometimes, just like any other job.

Solid Company

I worked at Estée Lauder Companies

Pros

Skincare products are top shelf.

Cons

Lots of repetitive paperwork. Slow stock replenishment.

Less paperwork for CM's

good place to work

I have been working at Estée Lauder Companies

Pros

very friendly management and workforce

Cons

not so much room to advance

Estée Lauder Companies Photos

View from the north side of the 43rd floor
on set

+ Add Photo

Worked for Estée Lauder Companies? Contribute to the Community!