Esterline

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Curtis Reusser

Good intentions but lacking in follow through

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat team collaboration, good benefits, positive outlook

ConsManagement is not connected to those who are actually out doing the work. They tend to bulldoze over the sales team and then create unattainable expectations. Great ability to work with minimal guidance, however, they need to work on creating a way to stay in touch with the teams more consistently. Very easy to get lost in the weeds and then its too late.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay connected and support the teams. Listen....Listen...Listen....Work on addressing issues immediately and directly instead of brushing under the rug and not communicating to employees

Very nice place to work! Positive environment!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompetitive salary and great benefits! Work-life balance is awesome and a great bunch of people to work with.

ConsNew software systems and training procedures are a work in progress.

It is an up and coming place.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Paso Robles, CA

Pros-There is much room for growth and since we were purchased by Esterline in December; we now have the resources.
    -Esterline in agressive, organized and well funded.
    -The people are great. It feels like a small company in that most people seem to have a personal stake in the success of the company.
    -Fair and regular raises.

ConsThe amount of tribal knowledge in our manufacturing process.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. We are young in our acquisition, but I am confident that most people within our organization embrace the change and see it as a good thing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great ethics, does not tolerate inappropriate employees or managers, takes action. Building strong teams

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Coachella, CA

ProsCorporate Management's vision; employees striving to make a difference, developing new products, keeping the culture strong

Consdifficult defense business environment, have had layoffs - that does hurt. But also building for a future in the "new" defense spending environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to share the vision

Manufacturing Engineering Intern

Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Current Employee)

ProsGreat environment, great people, learned a lot. Would recommend to anyone looking for a solid internship experience that will challenge you daily.

ConsThe only negative would be just the nature of the work. A lot of time was spent dealing with the companies product lifecycle management system which at the time was not as efficient as it needed to be in order to truly serve its purpose.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonestly, I loved the management.

Could be better, but could be worse too

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Buena Park, CA

ProsGood people and opportunities with a range of products. I like being able to work on a lot of different products.

ConsThey have poor communication across the board.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe HR and Management need to reevaluate the salaries if they want to keep people.

I have had a pretty positive experience as a first job

Systems Engineer I (Current Employee) Platteville, WI

ProsYou get a lot of experience working with a lot of different aerospace companies.
    Employees are very nice.
    Not a lot of repetition in what you work on.

ConsWorking a contracting job does not give you a lot of in depth experience in what you are working on. Also it is very hard not having a lot of job security. Not a lot of room to grow technically or management wise currently.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is fine.

Incompetent and inane management

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Wenatchee, WA

ProsNo accountability, you can do whatever you want

ConsNo accountability, you can do whatever you want
    Incompetent and inane management with no clue what they are doing
    No potential for career growth
    No chance of ever getting a raise, unless you are management
    Terrible pay and benefits for industry and cost of living in area
    One big customer away from going out of business

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a realistic plan for getting the company out of its current death spiral, oh wait it is too late.

More layoffs…….

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wenatchee, WA

ProsInteresting work with pleasant coworkers
    Variety of different parts of varying complexity
    Located in the Wenatchee valley, lots of outdoor activities

ConsNo accountability what so ever
    Engineers have a very bad attitude in every level of the company
    No hope of a raise ever
    75 people have been laid off due to management’s non-existent plan for the present and future

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone better work on updating their resumes

Soul sucking black hole of professionalism, productivity, and hope

Planner (Current Employee) Wenatchee, WA

ProsCoworkers are are the best part of working here, though there is a lot of back stabbing.

ConsMale dominated hole with no room for females in positions of power.
    Inappropriate physical relationships between multiple male managers/supervisors and their female subordinates .
    Management participates in and allows continued sexual harassment against female employees.
    Employees who speak out against ongoing behavior are bullied and run out of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue and move from the 19th century to the 21st.

Worked for Esterline? Contribute to the Community!