Estes Express

Estes Express Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Estes Express President and CEO Rob Estes Jr.

Rob Estes Jr.

Pros
  • Good pay and solid benefits package(in 10 reviews)

• There were no PROS other than being able to tell your next employer that you worked customer care(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of space and upper management having no idea of what was happening at the OKC terminal(in 9 reviews)

• DO NOT APPLY FOR ESTES CORPORATE OFFICE (CUSTOMER CARE)(in 4 reviews)

Great Company All Around

P & D Driver (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsAs far as freight companies go it's all around top notch! I had the best experience. A personal matter took me out of state and had to resign.

ConsCan't think of any. Not joking either

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Family owned, and if you understand that, you will be fine.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelative freedom to do your job.

ConsCan't upset bosses, no recourse once they decide they don't like you, problem holding grudges.

The worst company I have ever worked for.

Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThere are no Pros to working there unless you are a family member, relative or married to one.

ConsSevere cronyism is encamped at this company. They only take care of family and that is all. ALL upper level positions are family. Most of them have no idea what they are doing in the position they hold. I.e. HR is ran by a family member with no HR knowledge. Nothing is confidential and all is shared. They will try and get you to drink the "cool aid" but don't. No matter how good you are or how much money you make for the company they are never satisfied and you will be recognized. Believe me there is a reason this is a private company because in the shadows there are secrets.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house. Stop hiring family and bring in people that have the skills to run to place properly. Stop the cronyism.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work but too much politics to advance.

Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe paychecks were always on time.

ConsLack of space and upper management having no idea of what was happening at the OKC terminal. Terminal manager had no clue as to how to run the operation.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a bigger facility and also need to clean out some of the lazy dockworkers who are there for only a paycheck. Need to also listen to the supervisors actually doing the work.

Mediocre at best

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome nice people, but very few people you can trust.

ConsWay too many layers of middle management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of some of the layers of management.

Great Place to be just don't be afraid to work for your money

P and D Driver (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsAllows to to work as hard as you want within the limits of the DOT. If you think trucking is a 9/5 job please dont apply. We work long hours and my experience with the Estes family has been that they will work as hard as we do to make our customers experience a good one also. But you can't please everyone as they may already have a bad attitude anyway?

ConsIf you think you want to move up the ladder expect to work harder and for less money as the only asset that makes money is your worker bees that show up everyday and enjoy what we do. Even Mr Estes himself doesn't make the kind of money anyone would expect for a world wide company. Its my opinion that he doesn't expect it. The family is too humble to believe they need more than the people that get out everyday and do the job we get paid to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook deep into your soul and remember where you started. As we all started at the bottom and worked our way up and so far I can see that work ethic is paying off keep up the good work

Pd supervisor

Pd Supervisor (Current Employee) Appleton, WI

ProsDecent pay for area, somewhat flexable schedule. Will work with employees through any issue.

ConsNo room to advance..no bonus

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a pay scale for management

Ran for the hills!!

P&D Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers, feel sorry for these guys..

ConsStarted with this company on a Monday and walked out the following Monday! Was expected to do unsafe, and in some cases illegal work involving Hazmat! The worst, most unsafe and outdated equipment in the industry,TM, although a nice guy, is clueless on how to run a freight company. Really no way to get in touch with upper management to voice concerns. There are plenty of other driving jobs out there, I would recommend you look elsewhere!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your managers better, take a look at what all the other successful ltl companies are doing and your not, this is why there successful, Spend some money on decent equipment, and stop running the place likes its 1974

poor management,communication,training

Linhaul Driver (Current Employee) Lewiston, ME

Prosgood money,benefits.strong company,family owned.if your upper management your all set within the company because they all stick together.

Consterrible decision making,alot of favoritism among co-workers old equipment always breaking down.

Advice to Senior Managementneed a people person type management.more one on one with the hourly employee's, instead of just being an employee number

one sentence that describes talking on the phone

Inbound Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Dade City, FL

ProsThere are no pros to this job. Cowboy up.

ConsA lot of cliques. If you are not in the cliques no promotions- no raises- no nothing. Managers do not help you when its there job to help." They don't have time."

Advice to Senior Managementget new management. Management that are real Managers.

Worked for Estes Express? Contribute to the Community!