Estes Express

Estes Express Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
2.4

Estes Express President and CEO Rob Estes Jr.
Rob Estes Jr.

Pros
  • Good pay and solid benefits package (in 12 reviews)

• Pay and benefits is middle of the road (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of space and upper management having no idea of what was happening at the OKC terminal (in 9 reviews)

• Hard work, long hours and being a comitted company person mean absolutely nothing to district management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company All Around

Former Employee - P & D Driver in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - P & D Driver in Portland, OR

I worked at Estes Express full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As far as freight companies go it's all around top notch! I had the best experience. A personal matter took me out of state and had to resign.

Cons

Can't think of any. Not joking either

Keep up the good work.

Family owned, and if you understand that, you will be fine.

I worked at Estes Express full-time

Pros

Relative freedom to do your job.

Cons

Can't upset bosses, no recourse once they decide they don't like you, problem holding grudges.

Great Company to work for, family owned, hard-working, just good people to work with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Estes Express part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees that I work with are dedicated, hard-working people. I appreciate my supervisor who works as hard as the rest of us, and shows his appreciation for our group effort to run the best terminal in the US.

Cons

The rules for part-time employees will ruin this company. Employees who care about their work, the company, the customers, and clients are reduced to 25 hours a week - can't do the job properly. Other part-timers just don't care, and that hurts all of us. Where I work now there are 3 part-timers doing a job that 1 full-time employee can do efficiently. Do the math.......

Do the math.

The worst company I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Logistics Analyst in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Logistics Analyst in Richmond, VA

I worked at Estes Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no Pros to working there unless you are a family member, relative or married to one.

Cons

Severe cronyism is encamped at this company. They only take care of family and that is all. ALL upper level positions are family. Most of them have no idea what they are doing in the position they hold. I.e. HR is ran by a family member with no HR knowledge. Nothing is confidential and all is shared. They will try and get you to drink the "cool aid" but don't. No matter how good you are or how much money you make for the company they are never satisfied and you will be recognized. Believe me there is a reason this is a private company because in the shadows there are secrets.

Clean house. Stop hiring family and bring in people that have the skills to run to place properly. Stop the cronyism.

Good place to work but too much politics to advance.

Former Employee - Dock Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Dock Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Estes Express full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The paychecks were always on time.

Cons

Lack of space and upper management having no idea of what was happening at the OKC terminal. Terminal manager had no clue as to how to run the operation.

Need a bigger facility and also need to clean out some of the lazy dockworkers who are there for only a paycheck. Need to also listen to the supervisors actually doing the work.

Mediocre at best

I worked at Estes Express

Pros

Some nice people, but very few people you can trust.

Cons

Way too many layers of middle management.

Get rid of some of the layers of management.

Great Place to be just don't be afraid to work for your money

Current Employee - P and D Driver in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - P and D Driver in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Estes Express full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Allows to to work as hard as you want within the limits of the DOT. If you think trucking is a 9/5 job please dont apply. We work long hours and my experience with the Estes family has been that they will work as hard as we do to make our customers experience a good one also. But you can't please everyone as they may already have a bad attitude anyway?

Cons

If you think you want to move up the ladder expect to work harder and for less money as the only asset that makes money is your worker bees that show up everyday and enjoy what we do. Even Mr Estes himself doesn't make the kind of money anyone would expect for a world wide company. Its my opinion that he doesn't expect it. The family is too humble to believe they need more than the people that get out everyday and do the job we get paid to do.

Look deep into your soul and remember where you started. As we all started at the bottom and worked our way up and so far I can see that work ethic is paying off keep up the good work

Pd supervisor

Current Employee - Pd Supervisor in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Pd Supervisor in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Estes Express full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay for area, somewhat flexable schedule. Will work with employees through any issue.

Cons

No room to advance..no bonus

Need a pay scale for management

Ran for the hills!!

Former Employee - P&D Supervisor
    Former Employee - P&D Supervisor

I worked at Estes Express full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers, feel sorry for these guys..

Cons

Started with this company on a Monday and walked out the following Monday! Was expected to do unsafe, and in some cases illegal work involving Hazmat! The worst, most unsafe and outdated equipment in the industry,TM, although a nice guy, is clueless on how to run a freight company. Really no way to get in touch with upper management to voice concerns. There are plenty of other driving jobs out there, I would recommend you look elsewhere!!!!

Train your managers better, take a look at what all the other successful ltl companies are doing and your not, this is why there successful, Spend some money on decent equipment, and stop running the place likes its 1974

poor management,communication,training

Current Employee - Linhaul Driver in Lewiston, ME
    Current Employee - Linhaul Driver in Lewiston, ME

I have been working at Estes Express full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good money,benefits.strong company,family owned.if your upper management your all set within the company because they all stick together.

Cons

terrible decision making,alot of favoritism among co-workers old equipment always breaking down.

need a people person type management.more one on one with the hourly employee's, instead of just being an employee number