Estes Express Reviews

Updated August 25, 2014
Updated August 25, 2014

2.3

Estes Express President and CEO Rob Estes Jr.
Rob Estes Jr.

Pros
  • Good pay and solid benefits package (in 10 reviews)

• There were no PROS other than being able to tell your next employer that you worked customer care (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of space and upper management having no idea of what was happening at the OKC terminal (in 9 reviews)

• DO NOT APPLY FOR ESTES CORPORATE OFFICE (CUSTOMER CARE) (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

poor management,communication,training

Current Employee - Linhaul Driver  in  Lewiston, ME
    Current Employee - Linhaul Driver in Lewiston, ME

I have been working at Estes Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good money,benefits.strong company,family owned.if your upper management your all set within the company because they all stick together.

Cons

terrible decision making,alot of favoritism among co-workers old equipment always breaking down.

need a people person type management.more one on one with the hourly employee's, instead of just being an employee number

one sentence that describes talking on the phone

Former Employee - Inbound Sales/Customer Service Representative  in  Dade City, FL
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales/Customer Service Representative in Dade City, FL

I worked at Estes Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no pros to this job. Cowboy up.

Cons

A lot of cliques. If you are not in the cliques no promotions- no raises- no nothing. Managers do not help you when its there job to help." They don't have time."

get new management. Management that are real Managers.

So far so bad

Current Employee - Dock Worker
    Current Employee - Dock Worker

I have been working at Estes Express part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good starting pay. Nice vibe with co-workers.

Cons

Management treats you like crap and don't communicate with you, and when you ask a question or double check on something you are treated like an idiot who's wasting their time.

Learn how to motivate people and be good supervisors, rather than power trip and bark out mindless orders.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was treated like a slave.

Former Employee - Inbound Supervisor  in  Bensalem, PA
    Former Employee - Inbound Supervisor in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Estes Express full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There really isnt any at all.

Cons

Pay was bad no raises. HR thinks there above everyone. The RM was a back stabbing you know what.

Try listening to your ppl try respecting your ppl. You dont know everything stop acking like it. I dont think Rob even knows whats going on in half his terminals. Stop making up rules on the fly then firing ppl because you cant figure out what happen. Stop working your salaried employees over 10 hours a day then write them up for being late because they have a family outside work and just worked 15 hrs for you. Stop having your dock supervisors be clerks doing clerical work boat loads of paper work because you wont get better techology and let your dock supers supervisor the dock weight an research code bills because ya e-plan cant do mulit routes to the same door code appt bills do 33 screen the place is so far behind everyone eles im sooooooo happy im not there anymore ok im done

tough manual labor, pretty decent work environment, but organization was sporadic

I have been working at Estes Express

Pros

pay was good
    other staff members were pretty easy to get along with

Cons

unpredictable hours
    winters were brutal

Decent experience

I have been working at Estes Express part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay was pretty decent for the job being done.
    Supervisors were understanding of issues or conflicts.
    Hours and schedule worked well.

Cons

No communication between management and employees
    Bad attitudes among employees and management.
    No room for advancement unless you are already in management.

The freight company where time stood still

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Estes Express full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The paycheck never bounced. The job had relatively low expectations and the only stress was provided by management. They wanted to run like the big boys without putting in any resources.

Cons

Old technology and methods. The company is run like a mom and pop operation from the 70's. Lots of old equipment and no desire to move into the future anytime soon.

Worst Company I have Ever Worked For

Former Employee - Terminal Clerk
    Former Employee - Terminal Clerk

I worked at Estes Express full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay isn't bad. Benefits are pretty good. Nice work/life balance.

Cons

Technically, Estes is about 15 years behind other freight companies of other companies their size. The billing errors were horrendous. Many of the billing errors were not corrected, because most clerks said it wasn't their job. The Baltimore Terminal is an extremely negative environment to work in. The office supervision was poor, to say the least. No supervisor skills, whatsoever. More than once, I sat and listened to her as she chatted with her friends from other Estes Terminals, on the phone about how horrible other clerks were. She is supposed to be a supervisor, which means a coach, mentor. She needs to be replaced.

Demand accountability from all of your employees. Streamline your procedures. Due to the extremely poor billing, enormous amounts of revenue were left on the table. Allow your clerks to cross train without having to jump through hoops. Allow your terminal Manager in Baltimore to run his terminal. The impression, from my short time of employment, was that Estes is not proud of who they are.

Not getting any better, turn for the worse

Current Employee - Linehaul Driver  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Linehaul Driver in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Estes Express full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Gee let me think for awhile, and I might be able to think of something

Cons

No Seniority on the Road side of working here, the do everything by Job Category, we are all drivers here are'nt we? Anyway they change operations from more linehaul to more Hub and you are screwed cause you have no seniority on the Hub, there are guys that have been here 5 to 8 years less time then me that have decent Hub runs and I am stuck out here on the road all week, if I go Hub I am at the bottom of it... and most of the Hub runs you don't touch a dock.. just plain, so after being here more than 10 years I am going to be leaving cause this place does not seem to know what the hell it wants to be anymore, and employees that have been here a long time seem to get the shaft more and more these days....There was a time I loved this place but now it is just a job that I hate going to these days..

Do like most companies do and make your time here matter..

Wasted 13 years Never Do That Again

Former Employee - Dock Supervisor  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Dock Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Estes Express full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay was comparable to union pay scale. Incentive program for work free injuries was nice. The gifts were great. Christmas gifts were cool also.

Cons

No tuition reimbursement. No modern technology. Dirty open dock. No overtime pay unless you work 62 hours in one pay period. (Old agriculture law of the late 1940's). Favoritism in management

Worked for Estes Express? Contribute to the Community!