Estrella Mountain Community College

www.estrellamountain.edu

Estrella Mountain Community College Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Company to work for.

Student Success Specialist (Current Employee) Avondale, AZ

ProsCaring staff, beautiful and friendly campus, feels like a family. Schools sticks to and lives by both their mission and values. Employee's can see that the company stays committed to this in everything that it does.

ConsVery formal hiring process for full time work (because of district). Who you know wont do much for you in terms of moving up in the company. You have to have those minimum and desired qualifications for the position.

Low pay, low morale

Customer Service (Former Employee) Avondale, AZ

ProsNice environment, students were great, technology was good.

ConsReally bad morale in every department. People were just there for a paycheck and had no real investment in helping students. Management practiced favoritism to cronies, ignored complaints, and contributed to low morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employee's input, stop allowing department managers to take advantage of others, and give HR the empowerment to discipline and remove abusive managers.

EMC

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Avondale, AZ

ProsGreat staff. Best college in the Maricopa district. Room for avancement.

ConsPolitics can sometimes get in the way. Steady work pace.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great College

Adjunct Professor, Art (Current Employee) Avondale, AZ

Prosnice students, caring instructors on the ball administrators

Consinfo sometimes is a bit slow to be shared

Advice to Senior Managementawareness to all levels of operation

EMCC Better than most Maricopa Schools

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) Goodyear, AZ

ProsI've been with the Maricopa Community College District 9 years; 5 of those years as FT residential faculty at MCC. I would not recommend MCC as a place to work due to fossilized ways of thinking, and frankly, much dysfunction within departments that go unchecked.

Chandler Gilbert has a new president who was interim, and not the hiring committee's first or even second choice...she is creating much dysfunction and upheaval by hiring friends...

Estrella has come back with a new president and the school is and feels well run. Employee morale is high, the campus is beautiful and the pettiness often associated with acdemia is not seen or experienced here!

ConsThe West Valley has a bit of crime--minor pilfering. Keep your car doors locked and valuables out of sight. Public Safety officers are wonderful. This is not EMCC's fault--it is a problem more endemic to Phoenix' West Valley.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! Look forward to the Self-Study!

Worked for Estrella Mountain Community College? Contribute to the Community!