Esurance

Esurance Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Esurance President and CEO Gary C. Tolman

Gary C. Tolman

Pros:
  • "Great work-life balance / they appreciate that I have a life and family commitments"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Company is growing - an exciting time to be a part of it"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work Life Balance : They will call you anytime in night to fix "Urgent" issue"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Everyone is always scared of making a mistake and afraid of being blamed by someone in the senior management"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

If you like money you have found the right place to join

Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee)
Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Esurance full-time for less than a year

ProsTraining was a great team experience that flew by and once we hit launch pad we have had great mentors always with you to help as questions arose.

ConsIt is a structed environment so don't be late for meetings or to work but you will be more then rewarded when you get your paycheck.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's add some more trips for the top performers.

Still Happy!

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at Esurance full-time for less than a year

ProsEsurance is always striving to improve, move forward, and stay ahead of the curve in all aspects of the business. My work volume is fair and appropriate for the types of claims that I handle, and the people in my office are just wonderful to work with.

ConsThe benefits aren't as competitive as other ins co's in the area.
We don't earn very much PTO right away. PTO accrual is slow.

I love working for Esurance

Claims (Current Employee)

I have been working at Esurance full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFast paced company. If you want to work for a company that has a ton of potential, this is the place to work. I have worked for Esurance for nearly 8 years and really enjoy the people I work with.

ConsEsurance is a very liberal company. If you are not from California, the culture they try to promote, and sometimes impose on you, can take some getting used to. If you do not like "change" or prefer a rigid very structured job this is not the place for you. One of the cons, since we are growing so fast, is not all of the departments are on the same page.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are headed in the right direction. If anything, we need to slow down and perfect the process we have in place before we keep adding "more toys".

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Diverse and fun work environment

I have been working at Esurance full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat co-workers, wonderful benefits, older workers are welcomed, community involvement, growing company, employee referral program, enjoyable/rewarding work

ConsVacation and sick time come out of the same paid time off pool.

Love Esurance!!

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee)
Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- the people are fantastic at all levels
- the company culture is positive and fun
- growth and opportunity
- good/hard work is rewarded and acknowledged regularly

Cons- if you don't like fast paced, high pressure, focus on customer service, and a performance driven environment then claims is NOT for you!!

Advice to Senior Management- keep doing what you're doing
- it's nice to be in a work environment where you feel like suggestions are heard, considered, and (more importantly!) impelemented if feasible

Nice place to work.

Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Esurance full-time for less than a year

ProsThe San Antonio office is a friendly and relaxed working environment. Our site leader is awesome. You can tell that he truly cares about his employees. He is always asking for feedback and if there is anything that he can do to make our jobs easier. The managers and team leads are supportive and knowledgeable.

ConsIt would be nice to have more options or flexibility with our schedules.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be available and supportive and keeping us informed on procedure changes.

I'm here to stay, good company

Claim Adjuster (Current Employee)
Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Esurance full-time for more than a year

ProsCompassionate, Team oriented, friendly environment, diverse, giving, open door policy

ConsNot every company is perfect you need to always keep that in mind and be openminded.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo complaints, your employees work and use the system everyday. If something isn't working or could be better listen to their ideas (my manager does this but I can't speak for all as I don't work under every manager).

A breath of fresh air.

Sales Agent I (Current Employee)
Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Esurance full-time for less than a year

ProsGrowth opportunities. Overtime opportunities. Good Culture. Your voice can be heard by anyone!

ConsNothing I can think of. It's really that good. Well, I guess If you don't like to talk to people (anti-social) then it's not for you.

Unlike any other place I've worked!

Lic Agent (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at Esurance full-time for less than a year

ProsPositive moral, benefits, pay, flexable work enviroment, training and support

ConsCan't really think of anything

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you're doing

Incredible Opportunity

Sales (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Esurance full-time for more than a year

ProsCoworkers are great, and overall morale in the different sites is certainly positive and upbeat. The company is growing in all areas: sales, customer service, claims, etc which just means plenty of opportunity if you work hard and go for it. Full benefits usually from the very first day including health, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, professional development opportunities, time off, etc. It is not just a job, but rather a career.

ConsBeing new and growing faster than any other compnay in the industry, we do change a lot and frequently. For some that can be challenging, for many others it is rewarding.

Worked for Esurance? Contribute to the Community!

Esurance Videos

Esurance – Why Work for Us?

Born online, raised by technology, and majoring in efficiency, Esurance offers consumers an easier, more modern way to manage insurance. With round-the-clock service, an award-winning website, and a wealth of insurance… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Esurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Esurance CEO Gary C. Tolman. All 158 reviews posted anonymously by Esurance employees.