Esurance

Esurance Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Esurance President and CEO Gary C. Tolman

Gary C. Tolman

Pros
  • Somewhat decent work/life balance after you put some time into the company(in 15 reviews)

• Company is growing - an exciting time to be a part of it(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance : They will call you anytime in night to fix "Urgent" issue(in 14 reviews)

• No work life balance, heavy workloads, and no light at the end of the tunnel as of right now(in 5 reviews)

Diverse and fun work environment

ProsGreat co-workers, wonderful benefits, older workers are welcomed, community involvement, growing company, employee referral program, enjoyable/rewarding work

ConsVacation and sick time come out of the same paid time off pool.

Love working here!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

Pros- work/life balance
    - amazing coworkers
    - advancement opportunities

ConsThe pay is competitive but just wish it was a little MORE competitive

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Its ok

Software Developer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- Location is great. Close to public transportation (Bart, Muni)
    - Large Company

Cons- Outdated
    - Work Life Balance : They will call you anytime in night to fix "Urgent" issue
    - Good if you are happy with what you know. Not a type of environment where you can expand your skills

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about employees. Dont treat every issue/bug as "Urgent"

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A bright future!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat work-life balance / they appreciate that I have a life and family commitments
    Autonomy / ability to work on one's own without micromanagement
    Company is growing - an exciting time to be a part of it!
    Great benefits package (401(k) match, generous PTO, medical/dental/vision, etc.)
    Ability to occasionally telecommute for some positions
    Interesting, creative projects and responsibilities
    Fun, talented coworkers
    Passionate, transparent leadership
    Attractive office, great location (SF waterfront)

ConsCompany is growing rapidly, so you have to be prepared to work hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep us in the loop on future plans.

12 years and counting...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rocklin, CA

ProsHome/work life balance. Great people. Mindful of the environment and gives back to the community!!

ConsNot as much internal technology as you would expect from a "techy" company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend the money on a phone system that monitors and records calls in claims.

Awesome Company!!!

Loss Reporting Representative (Current Employee) Sioux Falls, SD

ProsI love working at Esurance because of the great people. Upper claims Management really cares and asks the frontline their opinion about things. You get a good wage with decent benefits that start on day one. The company is growing and there is LOTS of room for advancement.

ConsIt depends on the position. I work in one of the call centers, so having to work weekends or nights was not always the best. Having to follow a schedule for breaks also could be a challenge at times with the call volume.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love this company but I would like to see HMO medical benefits be available to ALL associates, in ALL states.

Awesome place to work

SIU (Current Employee) Miami, FL

Prosgreat employees, terrific bosses, good benefits, good pay

ConsI really cannot think of any. I am really happy with my employment at Esurance.

Better than I imagined.

Auditor (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsSmaller company that is still up and coming. You get to be a part of it. Lots of opportunity for advancement and making a difference.
    We are a company that still gets an annual bonus, has benefits, paid time off, and 401K.

ConsWe are in a growth spurt and hiring lots of people at all levels. Make sure to ask questions and understand your job role, what your expectations are, and how you can be serve the company goals and objectives.

Overall, a solid company to work for

Pros- Compensation
    - Benefits (multiple plans, all of which have a deductible in some form or another, which is the current standard in this climate)
    - The culture of the company

Cons- Raises are average at best, it is always better to get a strong starting salary.
    - They pro-rate raises and if you get a promotion mid-year in the same salary band that may effect your end of year merit if you got a raise as a result of the promotion.
    - Upward growth promotion may be a little limited because we operate with several small officers vs. larger central offices.

Advice to Senior Management- Create more job growth in the offices that are already established.
    - Review the effects that salary band promotions can have on end of year merits.
    - Continue to do a great job! You are certainly going in the right direction.

Nice place to work.

Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe San Antonio office is a friendly and relaxed working environment. Our site leader is awesome. You can tell that he truly cares about his employees. He is always asking for feedback and if there is anything that he can do to make our jobs easier. The managers and team leads are supportive and knowledgeable.

ConsIt would be nice to have more options or flexibility with our schedules.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be available and supportive and keeping us informed on procedure changes.

Worked for Esurance? Contribute to the Community!