Esurance

Updated January 26, 2015
3.7

Esurance President and CEO Gary C. Tolman
Gary C. Tolman

Pros
  • Somewhat decent work/life balance after you put some time into the company (in 17 reviews)

• Company is growing - an exciting time to be a part of it (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance : They will call you anytime in night to fix "Urgent" issue (in 17 reviews)

• No work life balance, heavy workloads, and no light at the end of the tunnel as of right now (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Esurance review

I have been working at Esurance

Pros

Place to be since it's growing and worklife balance is good

Cons

limited career growth within the company

N/A

Loved Working There - Might Go Back!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Esurance

Pros

Free food, Friendly, COLOR in décor! Fairly relaxed for a call center.

Cons

Location, almost got stuck in snow drifts

Make sure training is quality

Great place to work, lots of room to grow!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Esurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was a great environment to work at supervisors are very helpful and try to make their employees realistically happy! Training was great and motivational everyone was very helpful! Pay is descent compared to most jobs lots of incentive and bonus opportunities and you get raises based off of your overall performance every yr. They always have new positions available to make more money! So your not stuck in one position too long you can move up not too long after graduation. Also they offer work at home opportunities to those who earn the privilege!

Cons

I don't have any personal cons except that it's a very repetitive job i mean it is a call center so all you do is take repetitive inbound calls back to back! You do the same thing all day for 8 hrs sitting in your cubical with not much interaction with others you only get a 30 min lunch and two 15 min breaks if u need a break in between you mess up your adherence potentially messing up your overall performance. It's like any call center I'm sure so if your ok with staying in one spot for 8 hrs a day with little to no movement/interaction and repetitive back to back calls this is the job for you! I liked it for a while it was exciting and a challenge at first but after a yr and a half of learning the job it just became boring/repetitious for me! Definitely not something I could do for long term.

Keep up the great work! Maybe find more ways to get your employees off the phones for breathers I remember when I worked there any off the phone time was the highlight of my day!!!!

Friendly environment, but still just another call center.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Esurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Training is paid, the first month being classroom training and the second month under heavy supervision taking live calls in addition to extra training on what you did not cover in the classroom. The pay is decent, starting at $11.75 an hour for the first month of training and first month taking calls, which they refer to as "Launch Pad," and then $12.75 an hour after the first two months total. There is also a possibility of earning an extra $2.00 for each successful product transfer. - The management and supervisors are very friendly and there are many opportunities to volunteer with your coworkers in your community.

Cons

Classroom training does not prepare you to take these calls. While the callers are not necessarily the "worst" calls you could get, you are often the bearer of bad news, like premium increases and changed coverages. You will also have a difficult time when you are on the phone for a while until you can figure out the computer systems, which are not easy to follow or quickly navigate through. Launch pad will not be as helpful as you think... That being said, the support that you need will not be there. Often times, there will be so many questions by your coworkers that you will wait 10 to 20 minutes for help from a supervisor or mentor. - Be ready to be pushed to sell, even though you are told that you won't have to. In order to score well on quality, employees MUST offer another product that we actually have to transfer them to a partner company to sell to them.

This company is on the verge of great things, but focus on training, especially in launch pad. (Do not cancel training because of high call volume when the representatives are new to the job.) - Adjust adherence so employees are not punished for completing calls and helping customers appropriately. (Think about it, you might as well sit at your desk and not work, because if you do your job, you're going to get penalized.)

okay company

I have been working at Esurance

Pros

good pay, nice co-workers, work life balance

Cons

a lot of cliques in the office

learn to be the same with all associates that work for the department and quit picking favorites

Depends on the department and Manager if you will be happy

Current Employee - Liability Claims Adjuster
    Current Employee - Liability Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Esurance full-time

Pros

Small company that is currently in expansion. Annual bonus, tuition reimbursement, 401K and benefits.

Cons

Some of the managers are very inexperienced. Makes it very difficult to depend on them for direction. A lot of work and we are under staffed. One of the benefits is home access but, there are many restrictions on its use.

Need better managers and more staff

it is OK

I have been working at Esurance

Pros

Innovative, young, market leader, great location

Cons

disorganized, dissatisfied with work area

Great team, good culture, and management focused on development

I worked at Esurance

Pros

Overalls Esurance was a great place to work. Really good work life balance, good development opportunities in the office, and just a generally positive environment to be in.

The company has a pretty sizeable chunk of employees who left the company and came back after some time. I think that speaks well of the company and its culture.

Cons

You trade some salary for the work life balance, and there are a few teams that seem to be outliers in terms of reviews.

I think the management should build a program to identify quickly growing talent and develop it internally.

Great people, but can be frustrating

I have been working at Esurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-I genuinely like my coworkers and feel supported by the other people on my team
    -I get to work on a variety of projects
    -Great work/life balance

Cons

-Slow to reward (i.e. promotions) good work (at least on certain teams)
    -Reward certain people just for being there a long time, even if they don't do a good job
    -Upper management seems a bit secretive at times and communication and direction aren't always clear
    -Lots of politics
    -Salary is lower than average for the same position in my city
    -Cheap when it comes to perks and technology. Our chairs are horrible.

-Do more for your employees to compete with other tech companies.
    -Certain people in upper management should pay more respect to the people on the front lines
    -Make it easier to move up in the company

Workplace review

I have been working at Esurance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good Nice New Decent Pay

Cons

Still evolving, Not mature enough

Esurance Photos