Esurance Reviews

Updated September 7, 2014
3.7

Esurance President and CEO Gary C. Tolman
Gary C. Tolman

Pros
  • Somewhat decent work/life balance after you put some time into the company (in 15 reviews)

• Company is growing - an exciting time to be a part of it (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance : They will call you anytime in night to fix "Urgent" issue (in 15 reviews)

• No work life balance, heavy workloads, and no light at the end of the tunnel as of right now (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Stressful with opportunities for advancement

Current Employee - Sales Agent I  in  Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Sales Agent I in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Esurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many opportunities for advancement within Esurance. They promote from within and live up to their core values. They have a generous benefit package that starts the day that you do.

Cons

There is pressure to preform. If one struggles initially with utilization of the knowledge base provided Esurance may not be the best fit for you as an employer.

Make certain to train everyone equally. If you leave employees out simply because you think they are bright and pick things up on their own, they may struggle and become disillusioned with you.

Great atmosphere

I have been working at Esurance

Pros

Challenge but cooperate work atmosphere. Flexible!

Cons

Stressful and fell hard to get ahead.

Very good company so far

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Esurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

A lot of support, great benefits, positive environment, good management

Cons

The pay could be a little better

Raise base pay

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Satisfying and Rewarding

I have been working at Esurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great use of technology, corporate and branding philosophy is genuine and substantial. Growing pains as they transition from a large small company into a small large one are challenging but not disheartening.

Cons

Not a place for passive ambition. Don't expect rewards to drop into your lap; if you want things bad enough, and work smart enough (not necessarily harder), your efforts will be recognized and rewarded.

Great to work with but communication with customers not so great

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Esurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly atmosphere and great coworkers, pay was excellent but health insurance was very expensive. Very easy to get hired at

Cons

Very angry customers due to lack of communication. The hiring process was tedious, They outsource to a company to do there legwork for employee information and I ended up getting the information for them because half of them seemed incompetent.

Find a way to inform customers better so they dont take there frustration out of the customer service reps.

Very competitive culture to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging opportunities to be innovative and quick recognition for differentiators. Strategic management!!

Cons

Faster pace in terms of Domain and technology rollouts, better you opt in!

Department management poor but the company is great

Former Employee - Express Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Express Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Esurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great comparatively and the company in general has a great open work environment with a positive vibe.

Cons

Micro-management politics on the team level felt very much like kindergarten. There was always more of a focus on mistakes made rather than the overwhelming amount of good work done.

The senior manager allowed the focus to shift away from proper development and training to a highly micro-managed environment despite the efforts of the team to always meet and exceed expectations. The merit increase I received, which I later learned was not unlike increases received by everyone, was not nearly what I or the team deserved nor did it meet a reasonable amount compared to rising living costs.

Great Company, just one Flaw

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Esurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office in which i worked was amazing, the claims mgmt team was more than what I could ask for. Fair end of the year reviews, you will always know what you need help. Mgmt staff really works with you in ref to moving up.

Cons

Inability to transfer from location to location, even though remote access is available. Theres positions which they make national positions, with remote management but not all positions are the same even if they are not trivial positions, but yet they do expect to work from home at times to keep with volume.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Esurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have great benefits and perks. The OT incentives are awesome. Opportunities to grow within the company. The environment is great. I've worked for other contact centers in the past and Esurance is by far the best. Management is very helpful and knowledgeable. I love working here.

Cons

Aside from the background check process, haven't had any negative experiences.

Keep it up!

Will never work for Esurance again

Former Employee - Sales Agent I  in  Rocklin, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Agent I in Rocklin, CA

I worked at Esurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

None. I can't think of any.

Cons

The sales dept was run by people who had no concept of selling policies that would stay on the books. Constant pressure to "get the customer's money". Management had the nerve to berate the entire Rocklin sales team for being crappy salespeople, while refusing to admit the realities of how time zones and time of day affect sales and call volume. Additionally, the company had ceased all advertizing in the 6 month "quiet" period before the sale to Allstate could be announced/approved...but the sales dept's required goals continued to be ratcheted up every few months with a new compensation plan. Favoritism was rampant, and the morale in sales was in the gutter. Managers were quitting right and left, and HR at the Rocklin location said they would not deny our claims for Unemployment Insurance because they knew how horrible the management situation was in the Sales Dept.

The management style is diseased and needs to be changed. However, I doubt Allstate cares much as it's obvious they bought the company to be their "subprime" insurance carrier in the greater Allstate umbrella of companies.

Worked for Esurance? Contribute to the Community!