Esurance

Esurance Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Esurance President and CEO Gary C. Tolman

Gary C. Tolman

Pros
  • Somewhat decent work/life balance after you put some time into the company(in 15 reviews)

• Company is growing - an exciting time to be a part of it(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance : They will call you anytime in night to fix "Urgent" issue(in 14 reviews)

• No work life balance, heavy workloads, and no light at the end of the tunnel as of right now(in 5 reviews)

Growing company, great office atmosphere

Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat coworkers, always willing to collaborate and get the job done. Intelligent people, very approachable and willing to finish challenging projects no matter what. Benefits and vacation time are decent for the Bay Area company.

ConsWork from home policies can be a little more flexible (currently up to one day per week). As the company is growing some things tend to take more time.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good job.

A company that cares

Express Representative (Current Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsI enjoy working with the people & direction of the company.

ConsSometimes some long hours at work but can also be good with overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the focus on customer & employee.

a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthis is a very employee freindly company, the managers and supervisors really care about the people who work there ,and it is probably one of the most diverse places to work that i have ever been fortunate enough to be associated with

Consit just takes a long time to get hired on perm

Advice to Senior Managementbring down the requirement for perm from a year to maybe 3-4 months

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very loyal company and loves helping out so that the team is top notch and a great one at that

Express Representative (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsLives by their 5 steps of making it, doing good by the customer, and never thinks twice

ConsThe shifts that you want, but can be good cause you can work to prove you deserve that shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnowledge to every one is a great stepping stone

I've never loved getting up and goin into work Everyday until I started w/ Esurance

LRU Representative (Current Employee) Sioux Falls, SD

ProsThe Culture, the openess, the incentives and appreciation given are priceless. Oh, and the great benefits are a great plus, and there is a schedule around the clock that is usually suitable for anyone.

ConsYou might have to start off with a out of the ordinary schedule but there is always room for that to change to something more suitable.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the Great Work . Integrity is always at work here.

Best job of my life!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI had the privilege of working for Esurance during two huge rapid growth spurts, and I loved that they want people to step up, step in and help drive the company forward. Despite it being a highly regulated industry, they do some pretty cutting edge stuff. It is not at all political, and management has a healthy approach to leading the business.

ConsBeing acquired by Allstate has added some extra bureacracy. That said, most employees are not exposed to it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on the people. And, stay real and authentic. Focus on keeping the special Esurance culture that you have.

Great training, great people

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsExcellent training. I felt very prepared for my job. Even after training the company provides a lot of support and ways to learn to do your job better.

ConsDownsides related to the job - dealing with sometimes irate people. Even there Esurance gives reps a lot of latitude to give customers positive outcomes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the person centered management style - it works

Growing extremely fast, best training and career advancements I have ever experienced.

Sales Agent II (Current Employee) Sioux Falls, SD

Pros*Promote from Within
    *Tuition Reimbursement
    *Competitive Pay/Incentive
    *Flexible Schedules

Cons*Culture Not Rewarding of Education, Focused Mainly on Experience
    *Stressfull Call Volumes, with Unqualified Leads

Advice to Senior Management*Remove Customer Service Calls from Sales Incentive Stats
    *Update IVR System and Enhance Lead Quality

Engaging, challenging and endless opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rocklin, CA

ProsIt's a casual, comfortable work environment (jeans every day!). I like that there is enough structure to reduce potential confusion, but the structure isn't stifling. The company requires all employees to complete at least 24 hours of education/training each year which I think is a great thing - I see it as an opportunity to expand my horizons and improve in my job. They offer a wide variety of training through Esurance University and allow training during working hours, or you can access it from home. Benefits are very good. The company also does a lot to show appreciation and encouragement to employees before, during and after big projects. It's pretty cool to be part of a company that is really starting to make a name for itself - the superbowl ad/twitter sweepstakes was awesome!

ConsJust my commute, but I knew that going in. I plan to move closer eventually.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider evaluating the competing goals and objectives that some departments have, which put them at odds against each other sometimes creating frustration and the potential for lower quality end-results. Dev seems to hold the reigns more than the business groups in some instances and this can be contrary to quality and growth.

Great Culture!

ProsFun, energetic, smart people to work with
    Challenging work
    Open Communication
    Hard work is recognized and rewarded

ConsFast paced, it is not for everyone

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep up the good work on company communications. The townhalls are a great way to get us all on the same page.

Worked for Esurance? Contribute to the Community!