Esurance Reviews

Reset
3.3
Esurance President Jonathan Adkisson
Jonathan Adkisson

Pros
  • Somewhat decent work/life balance after you put some time into the company (in 17 reviews)

• Company is growing - an exciting time to be a part of it (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance for IT folks (in 17 reviews)

• No work life balance, heavy workloads, and no light at the end of the tunnel as of right now (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great place to work, lots of room to grow!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a great environment to work at supervisors are very helpful and try to make their employees realistically happy! Training was great and motivational everyone was very helpful! Pay is descent compared to most jobs lots of incentive and bonus opportunities and you get raises based off of your overall performance every yr. They always have new positions available to make more money! So your not stuck in one position too long you can move up not too long after graduation. Also they offer work at home opportunities to those who earn the privilege!

Cons

I don't have any personal cons except that it's a very repetitive job i mean it is a call center so all you do is take repetitive inbound calls back to back! You do the same thing all day for 8 hrs sitting in your cubical with not much interaction with others you only get a 30 min lunch and two 15 min breaks if u need a break in between you mess up your adherence potentially messing up your overall performance. It's like any call center I'm sure so if your ok with staying in one spot for 8 hrs a day with little to no movement/interaction and repetitive back to back calls this is the job for you! I liked it for a while it was exciting and a challenge at first but after a yr and a half of learning the job it just became boring/repetitious for me! Definitely not something I could do for long term.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Maybe find more ways to get your employees off the phones for breathers I remember when I worked there any off the phone time was the highlight of my day!!!!

Honestly the best place to work in Tampa!

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Esurance's employees have voted them "Top Places to Work in Tampa" 3 years in a row. That's because middle managment is right there for their employees. I love working here and advancement is really in my own hands. If I work hard and ask for direction, I know I can advance within a year or two! I work in sales and my shift, pay, and advancement are really up to me and how hard I work. All of the current management, trainers, and support staff all started right where I am. I love that!! They understand what I go through every day and help me through tough days.

Cons

The Sales Director is very strong willed and pretends to want feedback but really he doesnt take feedback from anyone. It's his way or no way and I dont believe he has call center experience or sales experience at that. He seems to like change and it's almost a weekly thing. I've been working in the same small office (200 employees I think) as him for the last year and he doesnt even know I'm in sales or my name. My manager does a good job of explaining the reasons and he works hard to keep me focusing on the right things.

Advice to Management

Ask the people who do the job for feedback before you already have your mind made up. Get away from Allstate's benefits...I heard we had better health coverage before. Otherwise, keep doing what you are doing!

3. aWSOME

I have been working at Esurance full-time

Pros

Great work environment, ability to move up, growing opportunities

Cons

none everything has been awesome so far

5. Growing... Growing... and STILL GROWING!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Esurance is backed by the largest publicly held insurance in the United States. After Allstate purchased us, we have been growing like crazy! The enviroment is amazing to be around and we have had 4 new managers promoted in less than 6 months. All of which came from being on the slaes floor. We have recently moved into a new building which is almost full after 3 months. The employees are fun to be around and I find it hard to leave because you want to hang out and talk to co-workers. If you are looking for career opportunites then Esurance is where you want to be and Tampa , FL is one of the best call centers, management teams, sales agents that I have ever had the pleasure to work with in my career.

Cons

Growing to fast has it's issues but we are working through answering those phones.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and continue to change as change is needed.

6. An amazing company to work for if you do things the "esurance way"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starting from the top, management is amazing. Great fun people. The coaching/training is superb, and they just wanna make sure that you are accommodated and happy. Esurance is a growing company, and its one that wont stop growing for a while. The phones never stop ringing, so your opportunity to sell and make a living are great. During busy months they seem to offer endless amounts of overtime, and that can come in handy. They make it fair. You are compensated based off of your performance. They are a true professional company that is looking to take over the industry with a new "technological" way of doing insurance. Co workers are happy and fun, the company itself is fun. I guess esurance can be described as "home" Opportunity to grow and advance is present, especially in the phoenix office where they just purchased a new call center building and are looking to fill it up.

Cons

You do the same thing all day for 8 hours a day, so it can become a little repetitive. You have to make your selling and personality stand out.

Advice to Management

None, you guys did an amazing job.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at Esurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, amazing management, great money, laid-back call center, awesome benefits

Cons

Mandatory overtime, constant changes, they would often change bonus payout when discovered we were making "too much" money

Advice to Management

Give more people a chance. I honestly do not know how I was hired, I had no previous experience, the hiring manager did not even like me but the manager above him just saw something in me and gave me a chance and I ended up being one of the best agents in the company. A lot of the people that they hire complain a lot and feel that they are "better-than" the position and I've seen them turn away numerous people like myself who are just waiting for that "big break"

8. Great workplace and career choice!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Esurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, leadership that cares about my development and career progression, constant performance feedback, and great technology-based product that customers enjoy.

Cons

Would enjoy more flexibility in work schedule.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire leaders that make a difference in the front line employee's careers.

9. very fair

Former Employee - Sales in Rocklin, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Rocklin, CA

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Alot of great hardworking people.

Cons

Lots of turnover and high pressure with too many variables.

Advice to Management

Headcount may equal growth in the short term but at the end of the day it is about profit.

10. Great Company that Cares about Employees and Customers Alike

Current Employee - Casualty Liability Adjuster in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Casualty Liability Adjuster in Denver, CO

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company structure, excellent top down feed back, great hours, excellent focus on customers, empowers employees

Cons

high-demand work atmosphere, building shared with very unprofessional employees (from another company)

11. Working at the best call center i have worked at! and thats alot!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Esurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly leadership staff welcoming the new hires making you feel comfortable with learning new material even with little or no experiance in call centers or Insurance. Awesome training staff, Flexible hours, and awesome benifits & Incentives.

Cons

The downside to working at esurance is now all my friends and family want me to look at thier insurance to see if they are getting a good rate.

RSS Feed </> Embed