Esurance Reviews

221 reviews filtered by
3.6
Esurance President and CEO Gary C. Tolman
Gary C. Tolman

Pros
  • Somewhat decent work/life balance after you put some time into the company (in 17 reviews)

• Company is growing - an exciting time to be a part of it (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance : They will call you anytime in night to fix "Urgent" issue (in 17 reviews)

• No work life balance, heavy workloads, and no light at the end of the tunnel as of right now (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great place to work, lots of room to grow!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a great environment to work at supervisors are very helpful and try to make their employees realistically happy! Training was great and motivational everyone was very helpful! Pay is descent compared to most jobs lots of incentive and bonus opportunities and you get raises based off of your overall performance every yr. They always have new positions available to make more money! So your not stuck in one position too long you can move up not too long after graduation. Also they offer work at home opportunities to those who earn the privilege!

Cons

I don't have any personal cons except that it's a very repetitive job i mean it is a call center so all you do is take repetitive inbound calls back to back! You do the same thing all day for 8 hrs sitting in your cubical with not much interaction with others you only get a 30 min lunch and two 15 min breaks if u need a break in between you mess up your adherence potentially messing up your overall performance. It's like any call center I'm sure so if your ok with staying in one spot for 8 hrs a day with little to no movement/interaction and repetitive back to back calls this is the job for you! I liked it for a while it was exciting and a challenge at first but after a yr and a half of learning the job it just became boring/repetitious for me! Definitely not something I could do for long term.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Maybe find more ways to get your employees off the phones for breathers I remember when I worked there any off the phone time was the highlight of my day!!!!

2. It is a very good company to work with

Current Contractor - .NET Developer in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)
    Current Contractor - .NET Developer in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

I have been working at Esurance as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They allow to work from home, a lot of incentives if you do a good job, its development process is well structured.

Cons

Non professional growing if you are contractor.

3. Assistant Product Manager

I worked at Esurance full-time

Pros

Great location of HQ in San Francisco, young talented coworkers. Ambitious attitude, results oriented managers, high expectation of performance. Subsidiary of Allstate provides some exposure to larger organization. Growing company.

Cons

Long work hours, political environment, lack of resources (e.g. small company doesn't invest in premier software tools), low cost carrier means lean work environment, few perks or parties.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek effective managers

5. Claims Representative

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very fun and flexible environment

Cons

The job can be demanding

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

6. Lots of opportunity, fun atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and funny people; good benefits including medical from day 1; responsive IT staff; feel appreciated by the company; most promotions are internal; company is dedicated to education and training of associates

Cons

Some people who get promoted seem to have no business being promoted - it's almost like they use blackmail to advance. Sometimes it seems a little backwards that dev runs the show, more than business. Some managers place too much importance on a college degree.

Advice to Management

Hold the right people accountable for mistakes. Be consistent with the company's "Dignity & Respect Pledge" and when employees don't treat colleagues with dignity and respect, enforce consequences.

7. was great, then they got bout

I worked at Esurance

Pros

great co-workers
    used to have good management

Cons

bad new management
    hard to move up

8. Customer Service Represenative

I have been working at Esurance

Pros

Friendly people, supervisors seems to care

Cons

Can be emotionally draining. Sitting on a chair for 10 plus hours a day is rough.

Advice to Management

Let me have a choice for my breaks

9. Sales ( only about sales. I heard other departments enjoy their jobs.)

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Esurance

Pros

The pay is decent but that is about it. I need this to be 20 words so... pay pay pay.

Cons

Lack of direction. No leadership presence from the site manager. Rich get richer environment. Absolutely no training over the last few years. New launches are always delayed and when they are finally released they either don't work or have a million bugs. Major issues that prevent policies from being sold exist and it takes months to fix. Monotonous work environment with absolutely no chance at a promotion.

10. Very disorganized

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Esurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Open to creativity
    - There's some talented and motivated people

Cons

My department was disorganized and some senior level managers were not excited about what they were doing, therefore it trickled down to other employees.

Advice to Management

- Hire people in upper management whoa re experts in their field and who know how to lead people
    - Stop living in the past

Not very challenging. Will not recommend for somebody whose interested in learning new technologies.

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in San Jose, CA

Cons

Advice to Management

The good thing about working for esurance was that the work there wasn't challenging so if your looking for easy money I would recommend working there. The bad thing about working for esurance was the salary. The base salary offered by esurance is low and the growth potential is also low.

Esurance Photos