Esurance

Updated August 17, 2014

3.6

Esurance President and CEO Gary C. Tolman
Gary C. Tolman

Pros
  • Somewhat decent work/life balance after you put some time into the company (in 15 reviews)

• Company is growing - an exciting time to be a part of it (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance : They will call you anytime in night to fix "Urgent" issue (in 15 reviews)

• No work life balance, heavy workloads, and no light at the end of the tunnel as of right now (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company that Cares about Employees and Customers Alike

Current Employee - Casualty Liability Adjuster  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Casualty Liability Adjuster in Denver, CO

Pros

Great company structure, excellent top down feed back, great hours, excellent focus on customers, empowers employees

Cons

high-demand work atmosphere, building shared with very unprofessional employees (from another company)

Best Place To Work

Current Employee - Outbound Sales Team Lead  in  Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Outbound Sales Team Lead in Sioux Falls, SD

Pros

Esurance is by far the greatest company to sork for in Sioux Falls, SD.

Cons

I can not think of any cons about working for Esurance.

I have been here for 9 years and love it.

Current Employee - Processing Associate  in  Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Processing Associate in Sioux Falls, SD

Pros

benfits: medical, dental vision and 401 K. Shift flexiblity. The option to work from home and friendly people. casual dress code. Options to advance to magament or transfer to other departments within Esurance.No outbound sales calls. Tuition reimnursement and insurance sales licensing available. Weekend shift diffential and holiday pay.

Cons

Most positions are phone center and you may have to speak to angry people. Occasionally you will have to work holidays or weekends,

I have no complaints.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Esurance has been an amazing journey over the years and it's only getting better.

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster  in  Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Hauppauge, NY

Pros

the flexability with the work/home life.

Cons

the volume of the work load along with the high demands ..

take a step back, breathe and see what it is like on the adjusters end with the high demands that are being asked with the amount of work that has to be done.

Wonderful Place to Work

Current Employee - Billing Agent  in  Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Billing Agent in Rocklin, CA

Pros

Esurance is very proactive. They are a modern, up and coming company. There is a lot of room for growth and promotion. In addition, the benefits and paid time off are fairly generous. Esurance prides itself on being multi-cultural, celebrating holidays of all cultures at work and having things like cultural and diversity fairs. Esurance is very supportive of its employees. It is obvious they care about our well-being. I have been working here almost a year and I have no complaints about it.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that we work in cubicles and some people are inconsiderate with the noise level.

No discrimination, acceptance for everyone, fun and awesome place to work,.

Current Employee - Customer Specialist  in  Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Customer Specialist in Sioux Falls, SD

Pros

Awesome work environment. Every manager I have had has been understanding of all my needs. When it was customer service appreciation week; customer service received a free meal one day and rest of week some kind of treat. Once per month, but sometimes more we get free food. There is plenty of opportunity to advance with plenty of resources to help you along the way.

Cons

Not every company I have worked for has been like Esurance.

Keep doing what you doing and if you need to hire someone new make sure they have the same passion you do.

Fabulous!

Current Employee - Licensed Customer Service Representative  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Everyone functions as a team. We all get along and we help each other out! We all enjoy parites and we have them pretty frequently! This is a great company to work for and I'm sure none of us are going anywhere. We have options to flex our schedules if we want and they let us choose which hours to move into/out of.

Cons

Cube farm life can get a little repetitive, you have to keep it interesting.

Great environment, awesome culture!

Current Employee - Casualty Represented Adjuster  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Casualty Represented Adjuster in Tampa, FL

Pros

The culture is the best! It is not just words or an idea, it is implemented and carried out in every interaction and situation. Everyone does their part and takes ownership and pride in their work which makes everyone's job easier and better. Great benefits and work perks from Allstate; great salary; skilled and knowledgeable management; laid back and fun atmosphere while maintaining the utmost professionalism. This is the most charitable and diverse company I've ever worked for. They really give back and support wonderful causes. Lots of opportunity due to growth. We are encouraged to think for ourselves and given the authority and autonomy to do our jobs the way they need to be done.

Cons

The technology (computer systems and applications) are annoying and slow most of the time which makes it hard to maximize productivity; our commercials could be more clever.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Best call center I have ever worked at

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Sioux City, IA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Sioux City, IA

Pros

Allows me to work from home, does not have a handle time, and best of all the customer is the most important thing to the business and Esurance always puts them first.

Cons

I have not come across any cons

No advise they are doing a wonderful job. It is nice to work somewhere that you are treated like a person not a number

Growing company, have enjoyed my time here thus far

Current Employee - Casualty Liability Adjuster  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Casualty Liability Adjuster in Madison, WI

Pros

-Excellent company values, great office culture and leadership. Drama-free!
    -Management is flexible with doctor's appts, etc. Plenty of PTO as well, even for new hires.
    -Growing company so plenty of room for advancement. Advancement is based on performance, not senority.

Cons

-If you are new to insurance, training can prepare you for some things, but a lot of it you have to learn as you go.
    -Hiring is usually behind volume, so workload can at times be demanding.

-Make sure management can still relate to the job roles they are supervising.

Worked for Esurance? Contribute to the Community!