Et alia

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brad Nicolaisen

Great company with a solid foundation and a bright future.

ProsI am a recent new hire and have had a very positive experience and believe this company is headed for great things. Leadership and fellow employees are very optimistic, encouraging, helpful, and are genuinely good individuals.

Other specific points of emphasis:

Reduced travel
    Work/Life balance
    Bonus structure for billable staff
    Evolving product offerings leading to a very bright future
    Experienced leadership and employees with exceptional business acumen

ConsVirtual work environment means more time in web meetings and on the phone.
    Potential to work on projects in different time zones can mean working later nights or earlier mornings.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue down the path you are headed. This company is on the right track.

This company is a JOKE!

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsReduced travel. Work mostly from home.

ConsNO Training, NO direction, NO leadership & No culture

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously - when all your great people leave, it is time to look inward and stop pointing fingers. Should probably quit hiring new people when you have ZERO projects / opportunities, only to lay them off a couple months later. All the good / great people were NOT management and most are no longer there. There is a reason why this particular "boutique" firm had to create a half thought out product called CREW that no one wants. Company leadership is clueless, lacks vision and direction and has no idea how to train or treat people. Current support clients are shopping support services with others.....

More Layoffs...normal part of life at Et Alia

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsPros? That's a tough one. Let's ask the good folks getting the axe today to list the pros. Or we can ask the many others who were let go due to this company's inability to win new work. This company is a JOKE.

ConsEverything about this company is a con. If you are considering this company for employment, I think you should visit the nearest hospital. If they remain in business another few months, it will totally surprise me. Mom and dad only have so much money to keep them afloat. At some point you must win new business, and that is a difficult proposition when your past implementations were a bust.

They'll make you sign a non-compete (for what I don't know becuase their offering is total vaporware). Then when they lay you off, they'll harass you with letters from lawyers about working for competitors, etc. They don't want you working for them, but they don't want you working for anyone else either. And for you hard work, you'll receive nothing. As a matter of fact, they'll try their best to take money from you (refuse to pay unused vacation, etc).

If you're still convinced that this is the company for you, then you will fit right in with these idiots.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive it up. You're in over your head. That fact that you've made it this long with your level of leadership abilities is a feat. You should consider other lines of work such as cashier or Wal-Mart greeter (although you're attitudes will need to change to be successful). I've seen lemonade stands ran better than this freak show.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Unstable Company

ProsSmall organization.
    Flexibility of work hours.
    Limited travel.

ConsPoor leadership.
    Inability to close deals.
    Very unstable.
    Layoffs are the norm.

Worst leadership I have ever seen

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

ProsI guess for a consulting firm it is ok because you travel every other week. Pay expenses ok. If you like working independently you will like.

ConsAbsolutely worst leadeship I have ever seen. The managers would come on site not even acknowledge the employers. The Senior Project Managers are clueless and can not run projects. They will hang you out to dry. They lie in interview tell you that you have job security and when push comes to shove they have no follow on projects. Worst exerience ever

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at other career paths. Have some ethics on how yue deal with people. Be honest. You are really as cool as you think you are.

Consultant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany tries to maintain a bi-weekly travel schedule (if the client is agreeable) - which helps with work/life balance. With a small workforce, you tend to make many friends throughout the company.

ConsCompany operates on a project-to-project outlook. Once a project ends, the layoffs begin. Their ability to close new deals is very weak. You will hear a lot of talk around the strong "sales pipeline", but new deals are rarely closed. If you are one of the unfortunate causalities of a layoff, the company offers very little in the lines of separation. Their offering, CREW, is vaporware. Each client has a completely custom solution with very little reusable configuration.

Growing company

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, my manager was open to constructive criticism, very friendly people for the most part.

ConsProject managers seemed inconsistent but there have been improvements. There were times when they disagreed in front of the clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan the travel schedule ahead of time to give your consultants the chance to plan their personal lives. Flexible hours are not that helpful if travel plans are changed with short notice.

Worked for Et alia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Et alia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Et alia CEO Brad Nicolaisen. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Et alia employees.