Ethos Consulting Group

George Papalexandratos

Account manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is so much I learned from this company and its CEO George Papalexandratos. I studied business in college and got an MBA, but feel I learned more in a year working here than I did in school. Leadership is amazing. The environment is exciting. Endless encouragement to be better.

Cons

It requires hardwork and time. It isn't a job to make a quick dollar. Starts at basic sales for the entry level position. Not a job for the weak or for someone lazy.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and develop young minds.

Growth based on merit and work ethic

Current Employee - Team Leader in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group

Pros

I came from a background in retail management and was skeptical about the idea of only "growth from within" since that was promised to me at my previous employer. However, it has been refreshing to see a company actually follow through with this concept. I have only been here for a few months and have been given responsibilities and leadership roles not based on seniority, since I am one of the newest members of the team, but based on my work ethic and the results I have driven. The management team has come through with the promises they laid out in the job offer and training process. I also enjoy how enthusiastic and welcoming the HR team has been. I have never been involved in an organization that genuinely cares about it's employees and builds relationships beyond just a work environment.

Cons

As with any marketing or sales position there is a certain amount of rejection associated. If every customer said 'yes' or needed the services provided there would be no need for marketing and sales in the first place. Rejection is not the most enjoyable part of the job but I choose to look at it as an opportunity to improve while some people who lack mental toughness look for an "easier route." This kind of industry allows individuals with a strong mindset to excel.

Advice to Management

Continue to go in depth with your interview process and find the people that possess true grit and work ethic. I believe asking more difficult questions in the interviewing process would weed out some of the individuals who claim they will work hard but do not perform when they are tested.

Don't fall for the BS

Former Employee - Team Leader in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Denver, CO

I worked at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are very friendly. You learn how to sell, though the methods they use are very outdated, and the customers have seen these horse and pony shows before.

Cons

They will lie to you to get you to start. They teach their guys how to dance around simple questions in interviews. This is a door to door sales job, 100% commission based, working far more than full time hours. They always talk about how much money the people high up in the company make, though there is no way to really know this. They look down on people with real jobs because they see them as corporate slaves, though they don't realize that these people they look down on have secretaries that make more than they do. I honestly feel bad for the people I know who still work there. They truly believe that this is the only way to achieve success.

Advice to Management

Do some self reflection and ask yourself: "Do I really believe that crap that I'm saying? Am I really happy working all day and having no personal life outside of people from the office? Do I really not see how I'm just playing off the naivete of young people? Maybe there's a good reason I couldn't cut it at a real job in the finance world?" You think you're a real business man, but do you really have any expertise in any actual industry?

Not a bad place to be.

I worked at Ethos Consulting Group

Pros

If you're looking for growth and development, then this is a great place to be. Regardless of your sales experience, you are effectively taught how to do sales. You are also taught how to set effective goals and weekly training on how to achieve those goals. You also get to meet and work with lots of great people who have huge goals for their life. It's a very great environment to work in as everyone is always energetic and excited for the work day.

Cons

Very time consuming given that you work 6 days a week. If you have a family, this probably isn't a good job for you as you will be spending more time at work then at home. You also put a lot of miles on your car along with spending a lot on gas, in which you aren't reimbursed for. You have to meet a sales quota each week, and if you're not highly motivated and don't have a strong work ethic, you will struggle to meet that sales quota. The pay is erratic in that some weeks you can make a lot of money and turn around the next week and make less than $300. There's supposedly a base pay but that is still earned based on your sales for the week, so it's not a true base pay.

B2B Exclusive T-Mobile Authorized Agent in Colorado

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The harder I work the more money I make and the quicker I get to advance. 100% performance based. Great pay structure! Solid training and support from management. Everyone working here are young ambitions and driven. Starting in sales makes sense since it is the driving force behind any company.

Cons

Some people may think the hours are long. But you have to put the hard work in to get the most out of life/careers. If you don't want to learn sales and leadership, Ethos wouldn't be a good match for you.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing us and leading like a true leader should.

Business Sales with growth

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive

I worked at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great advancement opportunity with an awesome atmosphere. I really enjoyed the environment and people while also gaining a lot in my professional carreer. They work with tmobile. The training was hand on and excellent, being that I had no experience previously

Cons

Hard work, although fun and interesting

Hard work, Persistence, and a Positive Attitude is the Key to Success

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people. The energy as you walk into the office is contagious. I love waking up and actually being excited to come into work. I thrive in environments where individuals are entrepreneurial, driven, dedicated, and down to earth. The company culture is ideal for anyone looking to work hard, play hard, and build lasting relationships. Second, I would say the opportunity. I have never worked for a company that has so much opportunity for those willing to work for it; and you do have to work for it. In the time that I have worked here I have seen many of my colleges and piers advance and earn promotions. I myself have been promoted as well.

Cons

Marketing and sales is not easy and not for everyone; which is ok. I personally enjoy the work. There are days that can definitely be challenging in dealing with customers, but I've never come across anything I can't manage. The positions available are not for those who are not willing to work hard.

Advice to Management

Continue to have one on one's with more entry level employees. I know that the advice and mentorship is extremely valued.

Very fun and positive environment.

Current Employee - Account Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They train you in all positions. The harder you work is the faster you advance. They care about your advancement and coach you to your goals.

Cons

You work a lot of hours but any job you want to advance you have to work hard.

Advice to Management

You learn everything fast and you will advance. You listen and apply what you learn and you will advance.

Great for hard working young professionals looking for business experience

I worked at Ethos Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They taught me all the skills I needed to be successful in sales. However, even more so they provided an environment where I also learned other skills necessary to succeed in any professional environment. In addition to the actual work, the employees are mostly all very young driven people who have a lot of fun in and out of the office. My favorite part was the leadership and training.

Cons

They work very hard and you can't really be lazy. The hours are somewhat long as well. My external issues couldn't allow me to keep working because I couldn't juggle personal life but I had a lot going on.

Advice to Management

The owner is awesome and if you put enough effort in he and the other top account reps will help however they can.

Account manager

I have been working at Ethos Consulting Group

Pros

Friendly staff very energetic people

Cons

Be honest since the beginning

RSS Feed </> Embed