Ethos Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Terek

Organized and effective

Finance Manager (Current Employee)
    Brockton, MA

ProsThey provide all the training needed and most importantly they train you how to do the job the right way!!

ConsIt is difficult to adjust to their way, but once you do there is no limit to your success

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make the training a one time event. Constant training helps us stay sharp and keeps teaching us new ways of making money.

Ethos is a great company that pushes you to be the best you can possibly be

Hingham, MA

ProsI love working at Ethos Grouo because of your potential. Many people when working in their respective industry handle things like they're just settling. At Ethos, they develop employees to be the best, be hungry and to earn "it" every step of the way. My Ethos Rep is Drew Springs and he has truly been a pleasure to work with. He saw something in me that most firms didn't. He follows up with me on a weekly basis to make sure I am succeeding and fulfilling my own personal goals. He is always there to give me a hand. In a way, I feel as if if I fail, we fail together.

ConsI do not see any cons

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice needed; keep doing what you're doing

Low pay to compensate for the Ethos training.

Business/Finance Manager (Former Employee)
    Elgin, IL

ProsEthos Group got me started in Finance and for that I am very thankful.

ConsWhat they don't tell you is how much money they are holding form all your hard work, because your new and know, know better.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe training with my Ethos rep. was very long and unproductive. It was more about how much money I could be making as opposed to how to get to that level. I felt very honored to be apart of an elite Finance dept. but soon realized that the money they promised was not being obtained. After deep consideration, I was presented with a new opportunity at a completely different Dealership doing F & I. Keep in mind I was only in the Dealership industry for only 4 months and only in Finance. After taking the leap to the new dealership and learning from some of the best in the industry. I am now proud to say I am finally making the money that Ethos Group once promised. It only took 1 month at the new dealership to see that. As thankful as I am to Ethos Group for getting me in the door, I think they need better Trainers and Pay. I know Ethos group is known for taking people with no Finance or dealership experience and molding them into the Ethos way, but they need to realize the people they are training were smart enough to make an impression with them, and are smart enough to figure out that Ethos Group takes a cut of your pay right into their pockets for unproductive training. I now work for a large dealer group and have never been more happier with the move. There is better training out there, and a lot more money to be made than what they say you can make. Hope this helps with your career choices, and remember thing are not always as they appear.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You get what you put in!

Business Manager (Current Employee)
    Hurst, TX

ProsEthos Group was heavily involved in the interview process, though they are considered a business partner of the dealership I was applying to work for. Initially I was unsure how the relationship would take form, I quickly realized there role in the dealership's business. They helped to clarify many of the questions that would have otherwise gone unanswered during the interview process.

I enjoy my position as a Business Manager. Although the commitment required in this industry is substantial, the return on that investment is worth the sacrifice. I would highly recommend Ethos Group to any individual who has the drive, energy, and motivation to work for his success.

ConsThe automotive industry can be tough for people that do not thrive in a competitive environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementEthos Group did an excellent job of painting the picture of what the position would require. The interview process is longer than most other companies, but that helped me to understand the expectations and helped me to feel comfortable asking questions.

Fantastic company to work with

Finance Director (Current Employee)
    Hutchinson, KS

ProsInterview was very professional. Nate Blevins was my interviewer. He was great to work with, and made sure that I knew exactly what to expect going into my new position. Ethos works closely with the company that I was applying for. I have spoken to other companies that play a similar role with dealerships and none of them have ever been as up front about the position that you are taking as Ethos was.

ConsI have no complaints about this company or how anything has been handled.

Great Company

Wichita, KS

ProsThe interview process was very thorough and each step of the process had a purpose that in the end makes complete sense. They want to test you and make sure that you will be a great fit. In the end our dealership is partners with Ethos Group and our dealer makes a lot of decisions with these guys input. My rep during the interview process explained to me that he will not allow me to fail because once they brought me to the dealership I would be a direct reflection of them in the store. It is for this reason that I think they are so invested in my success. My rep is in the store every week pushing me past my comfort level and although the job can be stressful I feel like I'm growing and i'm making excellent money.

ConsWe work a lot of hours and lots of late nights but most jobs that pay well are not a 9-5..

Advice to Senior ManagementI guess the only advice would be to give me the freedom to make some more decisions faster...

Outstanding Company, Incredible Career, Great Life

Augusta, KS

ProsI must give credit where credit is due, and Ethos deserves every bit of recognition for my success in this industry. They invest alot of time and effort into their interviewing process, in order to make sure you are a great fit in the industry and that they are a great fit for you as well. Ethos is recognized as the absolute elite in the industry and to be associated with Ethos is purely an honor. Once you pass the interview process, Ethos makes sure that you attend a very hands on type of schooling, so that you have all the knowledge and resources needed, to be more successful than your comparables. After training, they don't just throw you to the wolves and hope you survive, no, your rep visits the dealership weekly to review and train on any issues you may have. You are 100% representation of their process and they make sure you are performing at your maximum ability. After just a short 6 months in this position, I am committed to Ethos as my foundation for my lifelong career in this industry. Thanks Ethos and Nate Blevins.

ConsI would like a Corner Office overlooking the Ocean..

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue following the Process.. It's Working.

Ethos Group provides great opportunity

Lawrence, KS

ProsIf you're looking to make a good income and develop yourself professionally and personally, Ethos group is definitely a company you should consider. Ethos recruits dedicated professionals to fill management roles in the automotive industry. Ethos Group has developed a career path that is achieved through meeting your rep and dealers expectations. I've had an excellent experience with Ethos thus far.

ConsBe prepared to put in some hours

Disgusting

Business/Finance Manager (Former Employee)
    Lexington, KY

ProsThere is money to be made.

ConsI was lied to repeatedly about what the job was, how much I would make, where I would be, what I would be doing etc. They interview college graduates and make them think that they will be going directly into a management role in a dealership, when in fact Ethos Group has almost zero control over what happens after you get into the dealership. You are at complete mercy of the existing management, and the ones I interacted with were complete scum of the earth. Everyone starts out selling cars, but of course they do not tell you this. I moved 400 miles from what I called home for this job only to realize I had been duped into a job selling cars. Don't believe these people's lies!! They are all ex car salesmen and use every trick in the bag to get you to believe everything they say and guess what.... almost none of it is true. It is sad that people like this can get away with what they are doing to recent college graduates. I gave these people 6 months of my life that I will never get back. Don't make the same mistake I did. Do not even give these people a chance to sit you down and talk to you!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop "selling" worthless jobs to recent graduates in a distressed economy.

This company has done an excellent job of training me in order to insure my success in my current position as a manager.

Finance Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe company has an invested interest in your success. Ethos Group's sole purpose is to provide their reps and recruits with the resources they need in order to succeed as a manager. The car dealerships they pair you with work in conjunction with Ethos Group in order to put new recruits in a role where you can make significant income while benefiting the customers and dealership you work for.

ConsThe hours associated with the position require some getting used to. The compensation and business experience make the time well spent although there is a serious time committment involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to provide new recruits with as much information as possible before they take on their roles in order to avoid confusion. Certain aspects of the job require experience but there are aspects of the job, such as the expectations of an elite manager, that could be spelled out for the recruit.

Worked for Ethos Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ethos Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ethos Group CEO David Terek. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Ethos Group employees.