Ethos Group

Updated August 17, 2014
Updated August 17, 2014

4.4

David Terek

Ethos Group made me a better person not just a better professional.

Current Employee - Business/Finance Manager  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Business/Finance Manager in Louisville, KY

Pros

The Ethos Group trains you for a career not a job. They not only teach you a systematic approach to your particular job responsibilities, enabling you to accomplish more in less time. They also give you the knowledge you need to gain the respect and confidence of the people around you. In no way do they hold your hand but they provide you with every tool imaginable for success, not just at work but in your everyday life. Most importantly making sure you have the encouragement you need to have fun doing it.

Cons

The expectations of your Ethos Group rep will be higher of you than anything you can expect for yourself. They will never let you rest until you exceed every goal you can set for yourself....then they will add more.

Give your reps a raise. No matter what you pay them it is not enough. I can truly say my Ethos rep Teri has assisted me with changing my life. Reaching goals I thought unobtainable both in my personal life and professionally. Getting there faster than I ever could imagine possible. I would like to have more levels of training not just at the beginning but specialized classes for higher level performance.

The Best Professional Decision I could have ever made

Current Employee - Finance Manager  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Louisville, KY

Pros

These people are the best and brightest in the car business. The Name of the company says it all. They have a real interest in seeing you succeed. From my first interview I knew this is what I wanted to do. Teri Lathem's interview made me comfortable and made the decision to accept the job offer an easy one. This company is helping to build a better life for me and my family, by giving me the tools and direction I need to excel.
    Teri has become my mentor and he is never more than a phone call away. His direction and training is concise and thorough. I feel like Teri will not let me fail!

Cons

There are zero cons. I've always had the tools I need to succeed. I can't think of one downside of taking this position.

Continue to employee high caliber people! Your training is spot on and real life oriented!

The industry's finest.

Current Employee - F&I Manager  in  South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - F&I Manager in South Bend, IN

Pros

Ethos Group provides great training to develop the skills necessary to excel in a very competitive industry. The "Ethos Way" creates an atmosphere of professionalism, yet (very importantly) friendly and inviting for all employees and customers. Ethos Group also establishes a process at the dealership that is bulletproof and proven to succeed. Ethos reps are easily accessible through all forms of communication and meet with you on a regular basis to make sure you're continuing to be successful. Ethos Group has multiple advancement opportunities throughout the nation, whether at a dealership or through the Ethos side of things. Great leadership training to see yourself grow, and of course the pay is excellent.

Cons

Make sure you're ready to work and not afraid of people. If you're looking for a 9-5 job that pays for 9-5 work, don't bother. If you're looking for a job where you can show up late in flip-flops and leave early, don't bother. If you're looking for a job that is excitingly different everyday, deals with people vs. paperpushing in a cubicle, and will challenge you to new limits you didn't even know about...look no further.

Ethos training 202. Maybe a Wed-Friday (or similar) condensed class. Get everybody back down to TX after some time in smaller groups specializing in fine tuning skills; everybody loves coming down. Keeps people on the dealership side of things still connected to EG.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great way to start a career.

Current Employee - Finance Manager
    Current Employee - Finance Manager

Pros

Ethos Group truly believes in you and they show it. They are with you all the way to train you and make you better.

Cons

Working for Ethos Group is great, but it can be time consuming. It takes a determined individual to really succeed.

Work-life balance could be improved, but I can see how over time it gets a lot better.

Incredible Company, Amazing Culture, and Top-Notch Training.

Current Employee - Finance Director  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Finance Director in Overland Park, KS

Pros

This company not only recruits the best candidates, but also trains them to excel above all the other F&I producers in the industry. The processes and procedures that Ethos coaches and implements, not only allows the producer to have unlimited ability, but also allows the customer to achieve the greatest piece of mind during their vehicle ownership. Ethos truly cares about their recruits and will make sure that each one of them has every resource possible to have a successful career in the Automotive Industry. I couldn't have asked for a better company to train and position me correctly in this wonderful and rewarding career. Ethos culture is 2nd to none..

Cons

I truly can't say one negative thing about Ethos Group. From the Recruiters, to the Trainers, to the HR Staff, and even the Claim reps, every single time you interact with anyone inside the Ethos Group, you are always dealing with a knowledgeable and friendly individual. Being a F&I manager is not the career path for everyone, but if you are considering a career in F&I, make sure that Ethos Group is the company that is behind your name. Best decision I have made in my Career path.

Keep doing the small things. It shows in the Culture that you have developed.

Awesome Experience

Current Employee - Business/Finance Manager
    Current Employee - Business/Finance Manager

Pros

Probably the main reason i chose to work with Ethos Group was the great experience the position offers. Coming straight from college I had limited work experience; the F&I position is well rounded. From this position you have the opportunity to develop solid sales techniques. More importantly for me to develop my leadership skills as well. In addition, as F&I it is vital that you can handle administrative tasks. The experience to be gained from working in a dealership partnered with Ethos is phenomenal. There is a learning curve but if you have a good work ethic and initiative its not a huge obstacle. All in all, the doors that you can open for yourself from this position are endless.

Cons

The biggest challenge of the position are the hours. Finding the work life balance can be exhausting, but not impossible!

Great opportunity to start a great career.

Current Employee - Finance Manager  in  Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Wichita, KS

Pros

Ethos has done everything to make sure I am placed in the right role with the right group. There is a process to the interviews done before you even set foot in a dealership, but for good reason. I like how they get to know you and your goals before knowing exactly where you will be placed. I had several interviews with my ethos rep and he set me up with an excellent dealership with tremendous opportunity for growth. I have 5 years in the financial industry, but this is my first experience in the auto industry. With help and advice from my ethos rep the transition has been successful to my new role as finance manager. I know I could not have recieved this opportunity without ethos. In fact, I even applied for the same role a month before and the dealership wanted me to start in another position first. Ethos cares about who they mentor. Bottom line.

Cons

None. I was first contacted by Ethos 5 months ago and still haven't experienced anything that makes me feel my career isn't moving forward.

Keep training and expecting more out of us!

A Wonderful Opportunity

Current Employee - Business/Finance Manager  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Business/Finance Manager in Louisville, KY

Pros

The Pros started during the interview. I was nervous going in, but the way the Gentleman (Teri Lathem) handled the interview put me at ease. His reassurance and personality ultimately made my decision to accept the job offer an easy one.
    After taking the job Teri has never been more than a phone call away. He has become a mentor and I value the direction he provides.
    Ethos Group has given all the tools needed to be successful.

Cons

I have found ZERO cons working for this company. Finding an employer that treats you like a humann being in this business is hard to come by. I should have made this move earlier.

Continue to provide excellent training and mentorship. The caliber of talent that you hire is a true testiment to your beleifs and goals. Based on Teri Lathem your beleifs and goals fit the Ethos name.

Great Position

Current Employee - Business/Finance Manager  in  Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Business/Finance Manager in Lawrence, KS

Pros

My experience has been very good both at the dealership group I work with as well as the partnership with Ethos Group. There was definitely a learning curve that I had to adjust to in the first 90 days but with my weekly meetings with our Ethos Rep I made progress. Our rep had the first 90 days mapped out for me as far as a training schedule and he assigned me both homework and a mentor on all items that he wasn't completing with at my side. I'm now 6 months into the job and hitting my stride and have been making $8,000-$10,000 per month and still working to make adjustments with my Ethos Rep. I'm very grateful for the career path that I have in front of me thanks to Ethos Group.

Cons

We do work some hours. It's not a 9-5 job but our rep was involved in helping our managers all get a 3 day weekend off each month.

I wish I was given more autonomy earlier on but I understand this position is crucial to the dealership.

Great company and great training!!!!

Current Employee - Business/Finance Manager  in  Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Business/Finance Manager in Saint Joseph, MO

Pros

Ethos group Provided me with the knowledge I needed and helped me advance my career. Ian Drake took me under his wing and showed me the right way to be a successful and effective f&i manager.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Ethos Group

Worked for Ethos Group? Contribute to the Community!