Etrali

Add Photos

Lionel Grosclaude

It's Good

Sales (Current Employee)

Pros- small division, not much politics
    - fair management, very understanding

Cons- very french oriented
    - very limited career path growth

Advice to Senior Management- need to bring more cultures in

Terrible upper management in London office

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsNice colleagues who made working there bearable.

ConsNew MD brought oppressive atmosphere (although I think he has now been replaced). People were leaving with no jobs to go to in 2009 because it was so bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink carefully about who you put in as MD as the effect filters down through the company.

Dreadful, Disgusting, Lying and Deceitful organisation - I am glad to have left!

Operations Department (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsEtrali UK - Overtime rates are the best in the city but they treat you like a robotic slave in order to earn the money. They have a good set of customers on the books, mainly investment banks, generally low turnover of staff but recently that has increased due to management changes, certain members of management are hard working with clear objectives and goals for the future but not all. I would like to list more pro's but unfortunately the cons far outweigh them.

ConsEtrali UK - Management hires friends and family in roles they are not suited for, hindering current employees from progressing, Management has no clear direction or strategy on how to handle employees or its customers.

Management see's career progression as a crime and immediately disrespects any employee who resigns to better themselves elsewhere. What is in essence a small time company likes to brag about its global presence, its only interested in making a quick buck to impress investors and at the same time providing a shabby 3rd class support operation to its loyal customers.

Customer complaints and gripes out number positive reviews. Staff morale is at an all time low and in the last 3 months over 10 people have resigned and left. The staff kitchen has no cutlery, a staff member had to buy the only kettle shared by 40 people as management would not approve replacing the moldy limescaled old one, the kitchen cupboard doors are missing and falling off and we regularly see a mouse running around the office in the evening.

Etrali was recently sold off by France Telecom/Orange to a private investment company in the US called Gores who are simply using the company as a cash cow to offload in the near future, they have a done a full 360 from Etrali, to Orange Business Services and now back to Etrali.

The decision to join Etrali as an employee or customer is totally your own but from my experiences I would never return to such an organisation in the future. I hope this review however paints a true picture of the organisation and remains to be seen for all.

All of the above may sound like it was written by a disgruntled employee who was laid off and i can see how may people would contest this if it published but i left Etrali earlier this year and i am writing this with a clear and calm approach and i am being as honest as possible in my review, which unfortunately is a very poor but true portrayal of my former company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should all resign and allow people who know how to run a business to take over. For most of you your reign will soon be coming to an end, once the new owners see how poorly you run the organisation and the projected profits don't come rolling it i am sure changes will swiftly follow which should benefit the employees who do care and put in the effort.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Changing so quickly

Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsOver the last years the company has been changing a lot. The changes are for the right direction. Great people to work with.

ConsMedium sized company, but a lot of times is very complicated as a huge corporation. A lot of pressure a being put of engineers. Too many back office staff, too few engineers.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the HR structure in order to swiftly implement these amount of changes. The lack of it in the past left a lot of scars on people. Invest more on your information systems, there still a lot of extra work being done due to lack of technology.

Worked for Etrali? Contribute to the Community!