Ettain Group

Jeff Harris

RecruitING Firm That Cares

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Ettain Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Responsive, great recruiters, helpful friendly support staff, good jobs, good pay

Cons

Poor health insurance benefits, wait to long to intervene on behalf of employees with client

Find a mechanism to intervene on behalf of people placed in poor situations.

Excellent Training to take somewhere else

Former Employee - Resource Specialist  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Resource Specialist in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Ettain Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The training is awesome and pretty much beats any other staffing agencies training program. Its a fun work environment with really nice young people. You get a good taste of the staffing industry and if it is for you or not. Excellent upward mobility if you want to move into an Account Management or Sales role. You know the CEO, VPS and meet the high level decision makers. The corporate office in Charlotte is a really fun place to be/work but if you aren't in that or the Nashville office your experience will be very different and always "on the outside looking in". They offer some pretty good incentives and trips. You know exactly what is expected of you.

Cons

They have an extremely outdated philosophy of recruiting, bring anyone into the office who will talk to you outlook. Which is pretty much necessary to meet weekly goals that are easy to achieve but a complete waste of time. Why meet 10 people a week if you most likely wont have a job for them? That IS NOT providing value to anyone. In my experience there the biggest issue was the lack of business the sales team brought in for recruiters to actually work on. Salaries are very low for recruiters and the company is a revolving door once people realize they can make more money somewhere else. They love selling the "Kool Aid" on how great the company is and the people that buy into that are the people that move up. Your job there isn't really recruiting its bringing in the tech market to raise awareness of the ettain brand.

Don't waste recruiter's time "pipelining" for jobs they will never have the opportunity to fill, instead have recruiters spend time finding new ways to attract the right candidate for an actual job. Get a "recruiting manager" that has fresh ideas and is more concerned with helping recruiters grow than meeting metrics to meet metrics. Hire BDM's with Sales experience in the staffing industry instead of only promoting recruiters who don't have the relationships.

Professional, detailed and very supportive of employee's career goals.

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Ettain Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are under a managed services contract which does not require contract end at 18 months.

Cons

Provide monthly feedback from employer and give quarterly incentives.

Keep up the great work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, hard to make a living

I worked at Ettain Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture and the people are amazing, management will work to create positions with you and help you to find your niche.

Cons

The commission structure is not ideal...it takes a lot longer than they tell you upfront to build a commission spread that supports a comfortable lifestyle, even for a younger single individual. The base salary is crap.

Raise the base salary to promote hiring better quality employees and to improve retention rate.

Sourcing Specialist

I have been working at Ettain Group

Pros

Interview is drawn out.Had five interview

Cons

No cons, it is a good place to start your career

not so much micromanagement.

Excellent Service

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Ettain Group as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful support Staff and quick response to email inquiry

Cons

Typically only associated with Bank of America

Consider discussing the length of your contract

sink or swim as a recruiter

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Ettain Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

They hire young, green, right out of school, so good place to start your career. Can make really good money as a recruiterAbove average culture compared to its larger competitors. CEO and CFO seem to be very good.

Cons

Unnecessary micromanagement even when performing well. They seem to play favorites a lot, particularly upper management. Besides CEO and CFO a few of the partners and directors are very questionable.

Invest more in their employees. Micromanage only when needed. Promote on skill not tenure. Reconsider leadership.

NOT Recommended

I have been working at Ettain Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

• Convenient downtown location
    • Fairly nice staff
    • Responsive recruiters
    • Takes contractors out to lunch

Cons

• No insurance or any kind of discount plan.

• At least for my contract position, you were not paid time and a half for overtime. Pay is lower than it should be.

• Terrible on-boarding process that literally delayed my start time by weeks. I’ve never seen an agency with such a slow process before. Direct deposit at this place is a joke. The recruiter goes around to drop off people’s checks on Fridays because the direct deposit hasn’t “kicked in” yet (yes, even after 3 pay periods and 5 weeks). If they don’t drop it off before lunch, just hope you can leave work early enough to deposit your check in the bank. One contractor missed getting paid entirely one Friday because no one dropped off his check.

• Sorority anyone? From what I could tell, inexperienced young recruiters, who seem to be in a hurry to get a candidate to say “yes” to a job. Understandably, you want to place someone in the position, but rushing the process and not being thorough does not tend to end well. Things such as not following up, not asking the candidate intelligent questions, and having a clumsy process in general of checking up on past job experiences belabored everything from day one.

• A lackluster and incomplete job description (it must have been 4 lines thrown together in a Word doc), and a hiring manager who shouldn’t have been hiring ANYONE or leading a department made the experience messy to say the least. The eventual interview had me arriving at the company, and it took at least 30 minutes to enter because there was a long “process” to get in. Upon completion of the interview, I asked some key questions that I thought would help me to determine if the company was a good fit since it appeared they might make an offer. It was vital that the hiring manager and another employee answer the questions I emailed. The recruiter told me that “she could answer those questions for me” and begin to “answer” these questions. Let’s just say recruiting for a job, and doing a job are much different, especially for this bunch. I would live to regret her “answering” those questions for the hiring manager and employee whom I had interviewed with previously. It didn’t build a real picture of the job, team, or day-to-day I would later experience.

TRAIN YOUR RECRUITERS PLEASE. You're below par in on boarding candidates, interview processes, and you don’t really understand candidates and companies well enough to make a good match. Understand what really comes with a position before you even attempt to hire a candidate

Excellent

I have been working at Ettain Group as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Considerate ambitious recruiters who are willing to pay to get decent talent

Cons

THis company has not had good health benefits to offer.

Great opportunity for growth and amazing company culture!

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ettain Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hard work and dedication are definitely rewarded. They really take the "work hard, play hard" attitude seriously. The core values of Attitude, Performance, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork are not just something posted on the website, they are lived out everyday in the within the culture of the company... from how they treat each other, and how they handle their business with clients and contractors.

Cons

Staffing is tough, and not for everyone. Some may call it a "sink or swim" environment. Performance metrics are a big part of the job.

Offer more opportunities for leadership in the recruiting ranks... not everyone is sales material, but that's the only direction for growth.

Worked for Ettain Group? Contribute to the Community!