Euler Hermes ACI Reviews

Updated February 7, 2015
21 reviews filtered by

1. The warm atmosphere creates an environment that makes me look forward to coming to work each day.

Current Employee - --------------------- in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - --------------------- in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Euler Hermes ACI

Pros

If you work hard you will be rewarded. If you ask for help, you will receive help. If you are a college graduate who works hard and is ambitious this is the perfect place to start your career. If you do not work hard, this probably is not the company for you. I started off telemarketing, but it is business to business and I was constantly learning about the global economy, the different industries, political risk, how businesses operate, the list goes on. The skill set I have received here at Euler continues to grow each day. They support furthering your education by paying 6,000 per year, and they have very good benefits. Softball, soccer, happy hours and other social events are frequently organized as well as Habitat for Humanity build days to strengthen the bond between employees.

Cons

Like most every company in the world, there have been layoffs, which could explain for some of the poor reviews, but if you work hard, there is nothing to worry about.

Communication is one of the number one problems in every organization, and was terrible when I first started here. In my opinion, upper management has been improving with this. A case in point, our CEO of the entire company holds webinars where everyone in the entire world from our company can sign on and ask him questions.

Time flexibility would be another down side, but it could be better in other departments. I feel like employees should be able to come to work at 7:00am if they wish and leave by 3. However, I have asked to do this on a few occasions and have always been given the green-light to do so.

This is a very hard-working and serious company, which can be looked at as a pro or con depending who you are. With me it is a pro. I am constantly challenged and constantly learning. I would steer clear of this company if you don’t like to work hard and challenge yourself.

I think every organization I have ever worked at could do a better job communicating and rewarding their employees. The happier the employee, the harder they work, the more money they make for you, and the more apt they are to stay. Create an incentive for telemarketers like a trip to Europe if they reach x amount in appointments. Then, have them visit an office in Europe maybe even have an executive take them to lunch. Ideas ideas ideas. Come up with more ideas to make employees happy, encourage more ideas. They currently have a social committee that surveys the entire office. This is a great step.

2. 120 cold calls a day, nowhere to go with the down ecomony

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Euler Hermes ACI

Pros

Great Benefits and vacation leave and continuing education opportunities. Great happy hours and generally really nice people to work with.

Cons

Meet your monthly goals or else; constant supervision and oversight, make 100+ calls or else.

Its a tough job and employee turnover is really high; don't just give the good leads to the top tier who don't need them to make numbers anyway.

3. I feel cheated

Current Employee - Account Manager in Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at Euler Hermes ACI

Pros

The job is interesting and you will enjoy it.

Cons

The company is cheap. They don't want to pay for the quality employees bring to the table. They want to give you as little as possible and make you beg to be paid what they should be paying you.

You get what you pay for. If you don't pay your most productive and innovative employees what they are worth they will leave you.

5. This position is basic telemarketing. Management is incompetent, immature, and unprofessional.

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Euler Hermes ACI

Pros

Great work environment, nice office, ample parking, supportive coworkers. Many Opportunities to advance, outside of the Business Development/Marketing Department.

Cons

Promotion based on seniority/tenure. Resulting in an incompetent mid-level management staff. This is most apparent in the Business Development department managerial staff.

Don't stifle employees with knowledge, skills, and capability to advance and excel in other areas of the company. Promotions must be based on capabilities, and performance, not on personal conjecture and tenure. Also, there should be more security when desicussing things within the chain of command- so employees are protected from repercussions from direct supervisors.

6. Don't sell for this company

Former Employee - Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Sales Agent

I worked at Euler Hermes ACI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people, flexible work schedule, ok money

Cons

Micro managed to the enth degree with constant heavy handed pressure to close, close, close despite the costs.

Better incentivize your sales people with less micro management from above.

7. Professional sales environment with opportunities for growth & advancement .

I have been working at Euler Hermes ACI

Pros

Great Team structure, opportunities throughout the world, professional & fun environment. Unique service offering that has not saturated the marketplace so unlimited potential for market penetration. Euler actually encourages you to take time off - first employer I've ever had to do that.

Cons

Majority non-sales related positions are only in Baltimore.

Recent changes in past years have been a great improvement.

8. Great Place to work if you lack morals and ethics

I have been working at Euler Hermes ACI

Pros

Decent income for the first 2 years

Cons

Euler will sue you for any draw deficit when you leave. They put you in a tough position because the lack of coverage offered by Euler what will put you in a deficit. Poor management, poor product and you get sued when you leave.... not a great opportunity.

Focus on providing value to your customer instead of taking advantage of them.

9. Cannot recommend working for this organization, compensation plan is horrible!

I have been working at Euler Hermes ACI

Pros

Benfits are okay, 401k match is good. Health insurance used to be better know average yet 2010 the company made the most money ever?

Cons

The compensation plan is the worst I have ever worked with. Senior management do not they have an brain dead way of looking at it, in that they think it incentives people and makes them get out of bed in the morning. Yet after a while people become demoralized and cannot remain motivated. Over 90% of the people are behind in their drawer and the agents know that euler will sick the collection dogs on them! great incentive yeah right.

Pull your head out of the sand. You are so far out of touch with the field it is amazing. You will have mass departures as soon as the job market changes although you have made it very obvious this doesn't concern you!! Pity you would not look at the cost to the organization of this constant turnover. 2nd in charge needs to retire he is the common ingredient as to why Euler doesn't capture more market share in the USA for the last 30 years. Like anywhere that water sits to long in one place it becomes stagnant and nothing can survive when watered with it.

10. Build your own business, little support but little micro-management

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at Euler Hermes ACI

Pros

great benefits; heath, HSA, 401K pension
    work autonomously, not micro-managed
    VERY family friendly, great work/life balance
    ability to telecommute or work in an office (depending on location)
    true outside sales that includes the flexibility that comes with it

Cons

Terrible communication to the field
    Very little support from upper management
    Ramped comp plan makes it difficult to continue the same level of income the longer you are with the company
    100% draw keeps you a slave to the company - they will come after you if you leave with a deficit.
    DId I mention....NO support from upper management or the home office, you are on your own!
    Agents are treated like a commodity, this is not a sales focused organization

Communicate better with field employees. More sales support from upper management. Sales is the backbone of a company...recognize it.

11. Good Benefits/work life balance, no micro-management, but poor communication and bad service make for a tough time...

Former Employee - New Business Agent
    Former Employee - New Business Agent

I worked at Euler Hermes ACI

Pros

Great benefits, great work life family balance, no micro-management. Perks were fun, such as trips for top performers and a 401k match that is generous. Quick underwriting turnaround times.

Cons

Poor underwriting support, poor management support to get things 'done'. Agents usually lose in competitive situations due to the inflexibility of Euler to 'match the deal'. Management does not properly recognize top performers, and yes, it is the only job I have ever had that the more I sold, the less I made...(still cant figure that out.) Agent comp plan has changed, but the marketplace is very competitive and if you are not a top performer here, you will sink fast with very little management support. My experience was many clients did not renew due to poor claims and underwriting support. This makes it tough to make a living each year as you lose as many as you gain.

The sales force is why you have your jobs. Recognize this fact and your service will get better.