Eurest Dining Services

Updated Jun 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gary Green

all in all it is a good company

Unit Manager (Current Employee) Fort Collins, CO

Prosgood benefits, great training, promotes within

Consheavy, heavy workload for small accounts

Terrible! People are quitting left and right!

Hourly Food Service Worker (Current Employee) Bloomington, IL

ProsDecent benefits if you can put up with the slave labor practices of managers.

ConsPeople quit constantly because of poor management, they refuse to hire new people when people quit and prefer to just pile on more work to the employees who are still there. Very little in-house promotions, they pay women less when hiring. Absolutely NO appreciation for good workers, when customers send the company great emails about your work, it is completely ignored, absolutely no appreciation!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease appreciate your GOOD employees and use some COMMON sense! I have witnessed the most ridiculous decisions in how to run a business and I come from a management background! The managers seem to be only out for themselves and how they can get their bonuses without any regard for employees. I have seen people go to the emergency room for minor strokes and passing out due to their slave labor practices!

The hours at Eurest are good.Mon - Fri 530-2:30

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe hours are great and diversity throughout the day.

ConsThe pay and disrespect shown to the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat associates with respect and in a professional manor.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company for people early in their food service management career

Food Service Director (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat co-workers, lots of outside training concerning HR skills and development, allows for you to manage business as if it were your own

ConsPoor unit support structure, low pay compared to similar companies, lack of job related ongoing training, poor communication from senior management

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your managers competitively and show an interest in them. You should definitely be performing exit interviews as in my area there has been a great deal of director turnover.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHourly staff and customers always make you smile.

Consmust be able to do process all steps of weekly business without much support from any anyone above you in the chain of command.

Poorly managed

ProsMonday-Friday, no nights
    Being part of a bigger corporation- Compass Group

ConsReactive managing instead of being strategic or proactive

Advice to Senior ManagementStop burning through good people and rewarding the slackers.

Great place to work if you're on the right people's good side

Executive Chef/Chef Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsMostly nights holidays and weekends off, freedom to change menus good hours if not a lot of catering

ConsLong hours, upper management doesn't provide feedback unless its negative, can be hard if you're not on the good side of upper management. Heavy college recruitment and if your not from that college you could be seen as an outsider

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your people and give recognition

Great place to learn

Chef Manager (Former Employee)

ProsNo night no weekends! It was a good place to learn how to run a business, and understand a P&L Ledger.

ConsI had a District Manager that moved money from my subsidized account to a P&L to make numbers look good in his district. Clients were charged for floating chefs that never worked at the unit, along with other "Misc" items. Be prepared to become a "Champion" which means do more work outside your unit above and beyond and not get paid for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs long as the numbers look good there are no questions about unethical transfers.

The most unprofessional business you will ever encounter.

Food Service (Current Employee) Bloomington, IL

ProsNo nights, weekends or holidays

ConsTreat employees terrible,very unprofessional, could care less about customer service, never have equipment or supplies to get your work done. More interested in how much money they can save to get bigger bonuses for managment, does nothing for emplyees, worries more about stupid issues such as having a drink in your work area and stopping for a useless meeting every day that tell you nothing then getting the product in to make the food and sell to customers then can't figure out why they are not making any sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorry more about having product and employees to get the job done efficently, treat your employees with a little respect and give praise and compensation for long term employees and your employees that do a good job don't just give criticism especially when what you complain about it problems caused by management not doing their job. Also it wouldn't hurt for a least one manager to take some college business courses to learn how to run a business because none of you are worth a darn all the way up to the top.

Overall my experience at Eurest was minimal at best.

Cashier (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGood pay, great hours (no weekends), good meal plan, benefits and building relationships with the same customers that you see everday.

ConsManangement isn't qualifed enough for their position, too many chiefs, not enough indians.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and implement the suggestions from your cashiers who interact with the same customers everyday.

Worked for Eurest Dining Services? Contribute to the Community!