Eurest Services

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stephen Barnett

Endless frustration with poor management.

Facilities Assistant II (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Eurest Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEurest currently handles the facilities work at Google so the work space is very engaging. Their is always a steady 40 hour work week.

ConsThere is very poor leadership from upper management. There is very poor communication from upper management. After three years of good work, an employee still will not be able to find any opportunity for promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within. Communicate more with your staff, which includes listening. Learn how to lead properly.

This was a nightmare

Facilities Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eurest Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis was a Monday through Friday job. No weekends or nights. That was really the only good thing about working here

ConsThe compensation was terrible. Management refused to fight for better wages/benefits. Sexual harassment/hostile work environment are completely acceptable. Even when HR gets involved multiple times, there are no consequences.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow your own handbook. Enforce your written policies. Compensate your staff so that they don't have to work other jobs to keep their heads above water

Decent company to work for but management doesn't seem to care about employees.

I have been working at Eurest Services

ProsGreat companies to work with.

ConsCertain benefits they can take away and not do anything about it.

In search of manager who doesn't just forward emails

Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Eurest Services full-time for less than a year

ProsLots of time to watch Youtube.
A supervisor that is never present.
40 hour weeks.

ConsNo approved overtime.
They can change what position you're in without any type of notice
No clue how to track your hours properly without hand-jamming it. No way to track vacation/sick/personal time except by asking supervisor who won't tell you.

Your coworkers you depend on have lots of time to watch Youtube.
You'll have a supervisor that is never present. Prepare to be bullied by a site supervisor that is never present but somehow still chooses to cherry-pick activities.
Supervisor literally just forwards emails to people who don't don't really have any use for computers and doesn't help team members at all. In fact, she may even be sending said emails from home.

You'll be lucky to be working poor if you choose this place. Don't let them fool you, they can pay 15 an hour if they really wanted to. They will try to fool you into taking 12-13 dollar range.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to know what their employees are doing. Get your head on straight. Inspect sites randomly. Make sure every single manager informs their staff how to contact HR. Inspect sites randomly without warning to enforce standards.

Good for those seeking 9-5 with limited skills

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eurest Services

ProsIf you have no skills then you can work here

ConsGrowth within the company is slim to none. You will never reach your full potential. Very poor work culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet know your employees well.

It's all about the money

Cook (Current Employee)
Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Eurest Services full-time for less than a year

ProsGood hours - off by 3:30pm, no weekends. Good benefits available.

ConsManagement is only worried about profit. Buying cheaper ingredients (frozen, pre-cooked, and processed chicken) to save a few pennies, despite customer complaints. Management treats employees poorly and unfairly. Company policies not enforced (employees who repeatedly no call/no show still have job, not given any discipline, etc., employee abuse of breaks and management turns a blind eye.) Payroll repeatedly screwed up by management (employees not paid for full hours.) Lack of communication between management (told to do something one way by sous chef, told to do it differently from other sous chef/management)

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees, respect your customers, learn that to serve quality product, you have to make sacrifices in profit. Don't let employees get away with not coming to work, or working poorly, causing hard working employees that show up to be overworked.

Did not meet expectations

Facilities Service Provider (Former Employee)

I worked at Eurest Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe customer made employment with Eurest palatable. I typically enjoyed going to work every morning.

ConsCompensation is poor with a low wage, small yearly increases, and expensive benefits. Hard work is not rewarded.

Employees are treated like children. The overbearing policies create a negative environment for the workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is too focused on every penny to have any regard for t.

Great Place to work... Great People...

Area Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Eurest Services full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFreedom. Flexible schedule if your a go-getter. Dedicated and capable individuals will go far!

ConsFew perks to beginners but it is ok.

unfulfilling

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eurest Services full-time for more than a year

Prospaycheck, there is no other reason to work for this company

Consno feeling of security, not enough compensation, lack of communication between management

Great people, not the greatest attention by headquarters

I have been working at Eurest Services full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCoworkers are fantastic, smart people. I have learned a lot from them, and would consider many of them to be friends!

ConsThe head office can be difficult to work with...from slow responses, to payroll errors. There can be a large disconnect between them and our sites.

Worked for Eurest Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eurest Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eurest Services CEO Stephen Barnett. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Eurest Services employees.