Euro Car Parts
www.eurocarparts.com London, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

Euro Car Parts Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Martin Gray

An exciting and growing business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people that you work with I believe is the best thing about Euros. secondly the contacts you make is another advantage of working at Euros.

ConsThe pay and a lack of progression

Advice to Senior Managementcreate more incentives for staff and create an environment where individuals can progress in the careers at Euros. ( also increase your wages !!!!)

Could be better

Branch Manager (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsIf you can make it here you can make it anywhere!

ConsLong hours
    Don't get to see kids as they are in bed before you get home.
    Pay good bonuses but beat you into the ground for them.
    Hight staff turn over.
    Constant threat of job loss. Even when on target!
    Unrealistic business model for some branches.
    To many spread sheets to fill in on a daily basis.
    Too many offers to keep track of.
    Aggressive language used as motivation!
    Upper management apply so much pressure you are forced to make stupid decisions.
    Masking the real issues
    Drivers are treated like crap. Rarely get breaks.
    Managers have no private area to speak so we over hear everything.
    Charged £40 to use a van to and from work when we are really doing thema favour by not keeping vehicles overnight in a non secure location.
    Never thanked for anything.
    Work overtime and never paid
    Come in 1 mim late and you get told off.
    Management paying for branch incentives from own pockets.
    Unrealistic resource allocated in all departments.
    Working every other Saturday.
    No union. The staff need a voice!

Too many cons

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the above and sort it out.
    I have worked for ECP for 5 years and I will continue to work for them. Until I find something better. You cant manage human people by threatening our jobs. That to me is poor management and you are hiding behind the fact there are people out there desperate for work so positions can be filled quickly.
    Try looking after the staff you already have.
    I believe this company have an unfair advantage over the competition due to how it pays its wages. For example:try paying your sales teams 15mins over time for every web conference. Try giving us a van driver to cover driver breaks properly. We dont care how things are done in the USA if we did we would live there. Try operating within UK employment laws, I dont think you will be able to sell parts for the price you do

Brilliant to work for good pay

Sales Assistant (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsDealing with customers on a daily basis, computer system excellent, using the day to day parts catalogue easy to use

ConsWorking for company last 11 years great to work for

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was terrible.

Voice Picker (Former Employee)
    Tamworth, England (UK)

ProsYou lose a lot of weight

Cons60 hour week for minimum wage, Racism (especially if white), Haveto go from one side of the warehouse to the other in 40 seconds despite being 250,000 square foot, have to ask permission to do anything that doesn't involve working suchas as toilet breaks, drink breaks and rest breaks, managament critisizing you at every point, very hot in the warehouse meaning in the summer you want to avoid going on top floors because it is a death trap, no health and safety regulations, as long as you get the job done managment does not give a dam about employees as long as you are making money for them they dont care.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the workers a break

Think about it, are you really that deperate? Only giving it 1 start because I can't give them no stars.

Driver (Former Employee)
    Salisbury, England (UK)

ProsThere are no pros. You have to be seriously desperate to work here.

ConsWhere to start? How long have you got to read this? Incompetent, useless management. They have been open 21 months and on there 3rd manager. 1st one got moved to another branch, 2nd one couldn't hack it and left, and the 3rd, deary me, he can just about manage to light the right end of his cigarette, because that's all you see him do, outside smoking, or watching videos on his mobile phone with the operations manager. A driver co ordinator that co ordinate a p... up in a brewery. Is so thick he asks the operations manger permission to send runs out. Drivers actually have to tell him what to give them. He is slower than a snail. If you have a accident and phone up to report it, he laughs!!! I'm not joking. And a area manager that is just as useless as the rest of them. His exact words were, and I quote " As long as the essence of what we are doing is right" the essence? Seriously! So as long as they have invoiced the right customer, it doesn't matter about whether it's the correct part! Half the parts your deliver are wrong, or have been invoiced to the wrong customer. If you want career progression don't work here. You will be stuck, for what feels like a lifetime of gloom! Once you start working there you feel trapped, wondering if you will ever get out. Trust me, put your mind to it and you will manage to get out. I did, and what a difference in me. I'm happy again!! You need to be seriously desperate for work if you even consider applying. Cleaning public toilets would be safer, cleaner, and generally a better place to work than Euro Car Parts! All the place is missing is orange cover alls, you already have the ball and chain. Your paid to drive, yet when you get back from a run you usually get questioned on your choice of route. All vans at the depot i was employed at are fitted with camera and trackers. Don't be fooled, these will be used against you.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat's the point. You can't polish turd!

Not the best employer

Sales (Current Employee)
    Chester, England (UK)

ProsEasy work - Drive around all day
    If you are happy working on minimum wage then this is the place for you

ConsEmpty promises
    Manipulative management
    They want an inch so you give them an inch, then they want a mile !!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about the staff
    Say thank you to them when they go above and beyond their duties

Horrible work experience...highest staff turnover I have ever seen.

Sales (Former Employee)
    Watford, East of England, England (UK)

ProsYou have a job to go to every day.

ConsYour day starts out basically at 7:45 a.m, you had to sign in using a finger priniting device as if you were a prisoner. Long hours and long days, usually Monday to Saturday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m, no lunch, no breaks, grown men having to ask permission to have a fag. Rude and unfriendly management constanlty on your back pushing for targets to be met. Staff being told they were not allowed to have their lunch breaks, which by the way were unpaid. No room for advancement or promotion. It was one of the most dreadful companies I have ever worked for. Absolutely no work / home life balance.

Driver

ProsDriving a company van all the time

ConsDriving a company van all the time.

Worked for Euro Car Parts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Euro Car Parts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Euro Car Parts CEO Martin Gray. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Euro Car Parts employees.