Euro-Pro Reviews

Updated September 9, 2014
Updated September 9, 2014

Mark Rosenzweig

Not the right fit for everyone

I have been working at Euro-Pro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sure there are a lot of negative reviews. Yes, the work environment can be highly stressful. Yes, there can be long hours. Is it the right fit for everyone? No. Not at all.

This company requires a unique type of individual. Euro-Pro requires people who like challenges. People who like to work in an extremely fast paced environment who have no issues with a change in expectations on a moments notice. People who might grumble about what is perceived as impossible to do and then find a way to do it.

If I described you above, then you'll like this place.

The pay is good.
    The benefits are pretty good
    Exciting (though let's be honest, sometimes annoying) challenges
    Clear company vision

Would I recommend working at Euro-Pro to people I know? Only those who fit the profile above.

Cons

As stated, Euro-Pro isn't for everyone. As a result there is a high level of turnover. Work life balance can be a challenge...Only if you let it....

Yes, depending on what department you are in you will be dealing with overseas meaning early morning and late night calls.

Yes, some of those in management positions can be a challenge to work for (but let's be honest, it's like that everywhere).

And yes, you can run into situations where it becomes a CYA game (but again, it's like that everywhere).

The biggest Con of working for Euro-Pro is the on-boarding though. The first 6 months can be a true challenge for people and a large part of that is due to the "tribal" knowledge that is so evident. The company has grown significantly over the last 5 years and as a result they are behind in some processes. The key though is that they have identified this as a weakness and they are addressing it.

Would I recommend working at Euro-Pro to people I know? No to those who don't fit the profile.

The biggest thing for Management is to utilize those who have time "in the trenches" effectively. Burn-out can be an issue and identifying it as a problem and taking steps to address it will help in the long run.

Analyst at a fast paced company

I worked at Euro-Pro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere with an opportunity to learn a lot. Need to be flexible and adaptive to management needs.

Cons

Pulls you in a lot more directions at one time..

Keep up the good work.

Don't do it (unless you have to, but keep on applying elsewhere!)

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Newton, MA

I worked at Euro-Pro full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. I thought the money was good when I got the job, but then I realized that it was not. I think if they want you bad enough and you are an excellent negotiator, you could rake them over the coals on salary. Benefits are fair, on par with my job before here and much worse than current job.

Cons

Everything. I hate to sound so negative, but it was a waste of too much of my life, and I was not even there for a full year. My depression worsened, my anxiety level was through the roof (and I had to medicate for it), and it also made me start smoking again.The other reviews here that state how poor the company is are accurate! Believe me when I say the positive reviews are probably all fake. That is exactly the type of company this is that it would have "employees" write positive reviews to balance out the negative.

To the CEO & President. I am sure it is fun padding your egos and driving around in a Ferrari and Maserati, but get your heads out of your rears! You are seriously ruining people's lives and health while they work there just so you can make yourselves feel better by being included in every single detail of the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not work at Euro-Pro if you have a young family.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Newton, MA

I have been working at Euro-Pro full-time for less than a year

Pros

Higher than average salary.
    Seldom have to buy lunch as there are frequent lunch meetings.
    Absolutely great group of very very hard working teammates.
    Owner/CEO has great vision.
    Successful, Stable, Diversified, Aggressive.
    Remarkable Agile Hardware Development business model
    Outstanding benefits
    Able to sample and test drive new products before they reach market.
    Pride in seeing products you have worked on at big chain retailers.
    Very quick turn product development.

Cons

24-hour company
    0-Lunch Hour -- Frequent working lunches or just work through lunch.
    Frequent travel to China
    Frequent late evening phone calls with China
    Very quick turn product development
    Very Fast Paced
    Very Stressful
    ZERO Work-Life Balance --- 150% WORK...do not say you did not know...if you are reading this you do.

Euro-Pro best for one of the following groups:
      - Fresh out of school + high energy + flexible to travel + able to work long hours
      - Single/Engaged building funds to kick-start life
      - Older kids requiring little supervision
      - More senior persons trying to add cushion to the retirement fund

If you have a young children (<13 years old)...
    DO NOT join Euro-Pro

Are once-in-a-lifetime memories worth a few extra dollars? Think about it!

If I could give it a zero, I would.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I worked at Euro-Pro full-time for more than a year

Pros

pay is good, however not high enough to overcome the cons. Free breakfast Fridays

Cons

Hours. There is no respect for personal time. Work/ life balance is nonexistent. From last minute trips to China, conference calls until 11 PM on weekends, meetings on weekends. At Euro-Pro there is no life other than EP.
    There is no job security, people are fired for no reason other than the Marks don't like them.
    The company is clique-y and this starts from the top.

EP succeeds inspite of itself.

Mark and Mark- trust your people to do a good job and get out of the weeds.
    Allow your employees to have a life.

I worked at Euro-Pro

Pros

A company with a lot of growth and very strong innovation-wise.

Cons

Only for very very face-paced people.

Work con communication management

Director

Current Employee - Director  in  Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Newton, MA

I have been working at Euro-Pro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great products – I love my Ninja Kitchen system, which I got for free when I started!
    Entrepreneurial environment – no red tape
    Employees have the opportunity to make an impact – there is a “breakthrough” culture here and every employee (even if they don’t work in a product facing role) can make a difference.
    Changing – for the good – there are a number of new talented leaders in place that want to make a difference
    Casual work environment with free breakfasts on Fridays
    Fast paced – no two days are the same
    Competitive benefits

Cons

If you don't like a fast paced work environment, then Euro-Pro is not right for you. If you do, you will probably do extremely well in this environment.
    The training is very hands on and there is not a lot of formalized training in place, but the company is working on this. The company is growing and I would absolutely recommend Euro-Pro to a friend.

Great products, good company, por new management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I worked at Euro-Pro full-time

Pros

Growing company, fast paced, many new challenges, nice offices (depending on your building), competitive salary, coworkers are friendly and helpful.

Cons

HUGE turnover, training simply did not exist, new management seemed to be lost (many of us realized that they were not understanding very basic concepts).

How come the new VPs, directors, etc. were hired? They were asking us very basic questions, many of us challenged their knowledge. I would re-evaluate them before it costs more.

Excellent Company to work for.

I worked at Euro-Pro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Business Casual. Open Door,

Cons

Some Managers are very Unprofessional

listen to the lower level workers more

High stress, high turnover, no future

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Newton, MA

I have been working at Euro-Pro full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast growth. Decent benefits and pay but don't be fooled.

Cons

Very high stress place. You are required to work 24/7. Turn over is extremely high and management does not care! People run around putting out fires all day and work at night. Most people know they made a mistake by taking the job within 1-2 weeks. The only thing you can learn at this company is what not to do!!! Don't be fooled by the salary, it's not worth it.

You know you are doing something wrong when your retail buyers are negatively commenting on your poor management of employees. Invest in people and they will invest in you! Right now, your employees are running from you, not towards you

Worked for Euro-Pro? Contribute to the Community!