Euro Pro

www.euro-projobs.com

Euro Pro Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014
Euro Pro – “where amazing products are born”

Mark Rosenzweig

Worked as a consultant while studying my MBA at Babson College over a program called Babson Consulting Alliance Program

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA company with a lot of growth and very strong innovation-wise.

ConsOnly for very very face-paced people.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork con communication management

Don't do it (unless you have to, but keep on applying elsewhere!)

Anonymous (Former Employee) Newton, MA

ProsNone. I thought the money was good when I got the job, but then I realized that it was not. I think if they want you bad enough and you are an excellent negotiator, you could rake them over the coals on salary. Benefits are fair, on par with my job before here and much worse than current job.

ConsEverything. I hate to sound so negative, but it was a waste of too much of my life, and I was not even there for a full year. My depression worsened, my anxiety level was through the roof (and I had to medicate for it), and it also made me start smoking again.The other reviews here that state how poor the company is are accurate! Believe me when I say the positive reviews are probably all fake. That is exactly the type of company this is that it would have "employees" write positive reviews to balance out the negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the CEO & President. I am sure it is fun padding your egos and driving around in a Ferrari and Maserati, but get your heads out of your rears! You are seriously ruining people's lives and health while they work there just so you can make yourselves feel better by being included in every single detail of the company.

If I could give it a zero, I would.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Newton, MA

Prospay is good, however not high enough to overcome the cons. Free breakfast Fridays

ConsHours. There is no respect for personal time. Work/ life balance is nonexistent. From last minute trips to China, conference calls until 11 PM on weekends, meetings on weekends. At Euro-Pro there is no life other than EP.
    There is no job security, people are fired for no reason other than the Marks don't like them.
    The company is clique-y and this starts from the top.

EP succeeds inspite of itself.

Advice to Senior ManagementMark and Mark- trust your people to do a good job and get out of the weeds.
    Allow your employees to have a life.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not work at Euro-Pro if you have a young family.

Engineer (Current Employee) Newton, MA

ProsHigher than average salary.
    Seldom have to buy lunch as there are frequent lunch meetings.
    Absolutely great group of very very hard working teammates.
    Owner/CEO has great vision.
    Successful, Stable, Diversified, Aggressive.
    Remarkable Agile Hardware Development business model
    Outstanding benefits
    Able to sample and test drive new products before they reach market.
    Pride in seeing products you have worked on at big chain retailers.
    Very quick turn product development.

Cons24-hour company
    0-Lunch Hour -- Frequent working lunches or just work through lunch.
    Frequent travel to China
    Frequent late evening phone calls with China
    Very quick turn product development
    Very Fast Paced
    Very Stressful
    ZERO Work-Life Balance --- 150% WORK...do not say you did not know...if you are reading this you do.

Euro-Pro best for one of the following groups:
      - Fresh out of school + high energy + flexible to travel + able to work long hours
      - Single/Engaged building funds to kick-start life
      - Older kids requiring little supervision
      - More senior persons trying to add cushion to the retirement fund

If you have a young children (<13 years old)...
    DO NOT join Euro-Pro

Are once-in-a-lifetime memories worth a few extra dollars? Think about it!

Director

Director (Current Employee) Newton, MA

ProsGreat products – I love my Ninja Kitchen system, which I got for free when I started!
    Entrepreneurial environment – no red tape
    Employees have the opportunity to make an impact – there is a “breakthrough” culture here and every employee (even if they don’t work in a product facing role) can make a difference.
    Changing – for the good – there are a number of new talented leaders in place that want to make a difference
    Casual work environment with free breakfasts on Fridays
    Fast paced – no two days are the same
    Competitive benefits

ConsIf you don't like a fast paced work environment, then Euro-Pro is not right for you. If you do, you will probably do extremely well in this environment.
    The training is very hands on and there is not a lot of formalized training in place, but the company is working on this. The company is growing and I would absolutely recommend Euro-Pro to a friend.

Great products, good company, por new management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Newton, MA

ProsGrowing company, fast paced, many new challenges, nice offices (depending on your building), competitive salary, coworkers are friendly and helpful.

ConsHUGE turnover, training simply did not exist, new management seemed to be lost (many of us realized that they were not understanding very basic concepts).

Advice to Senior ManagementHow come the new VPs, directors, etc. were hired? They were asking us very basic questions, many of us challenged their knowledge. I would re-evaluate them before it costs more.

Excellent Company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBusiness Casual. Open Door,

ConsSome Managers are very Unprofessional

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the lower level workers more

High stress, high turnover, no future

Project Manager (Current Employee) Newton, MA

ProsFast growth. Decent benefits and pay but don't be fooled.

ConsVery high stress place. You are required to work 24/7. Turn over is extremely high and management does not care! People run around putting out fires all day and work at night. Most people know they made a mistake by taking the job within 1-2 weeks. The only thing you can learn at this company is what not to do!!! Don't be fooled by the salary, it's not worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou know you are doing something wrong when your retail buyers are negatively commenting on your poor management of employees. Invest in people and they will invest in you! Right now, your employees are running from you, not towards you

Fast-paced, entrepreneurial like, but somewhat disorganized.

Business Analyst () (Former Employee) Newton, MA

ProsFast-paced, access to senior level executives

ConsDisorganized. Company values and direction unclear at times.

Choatic, high stress environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newton, MA

ProsGreat benefits, free b'fast on Fridays, interesting work

ConsHIGH stress, no respect. Churn and burn environment. Privately owned so there is no accountability. Most of the upper management is not as competent as the lower level employees. Although the company is growing very fast, it is getting harder to recruit qualified personnel because of the bad reputation of the company. Product development is intriguing, but in the end, the products are "disposable" and not high quality. No quality of life or work/life balance in most departments. Management has hired outside consultants to assist in growth, but the treatment of employees has not changed. If you are a good politician, you will do well at Euro-Pro. It's a 24/7 job. Don't even think about turning off your phone or leaving your computer at work. The medical benefit package is very generous, which is good because you'll need it. Very few career growth opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Treat people with respect. Don't manage through scare tactics, but rather through example. The average tenure is about 1-2 years, so once an employee is "up to speed" and is capable of major contributions, the employee is burned out and is seeking employment elsewhere. Slow down. It's amazing that products can be developed so quickly, but there is a price to such speed. Euro-Pro is growing by leaps and bounds and that is truly exciting. However, its negative reputation, (both for employees as well as for 'cheap' products) is growing at the same speed.

Worked for Euro Pro? Contribute to the Community!