Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories

Updated September 12, 2014
2.8

Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories President Timothy Oostdyk
Timothy Oostdyk

Great employment as a contractor at a PSS site

Current Employee - Scientist III
    Current Employee - Scientist III

I have been working at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great management! Everyone is open and helpful and they all truly care about your work and personal life and want to ensure that you have everything that you need. Lots of opportunities to branch out and learn new skills with the added bonus of teaching your fellow coworkers about your specialties. Great relationship with client partners who are all very friendly and treat you like a part of the team instead of an outside contractor. Benefits are good too!

Cons

Salary is slightly lower than average compared to the industry standard but as a contractor I can understand. Did I mention this is a contract job? And as all contract jobs go, it can end at any second so that's always something to keep in mind.

Lancaster Labs is a great place to work.

I worked at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories

Pros

Friendly community-like atmosphere.
    Room to grow and develop new skills.
    Good benefits.
    Flexible scheduling.
    Ease in transferring to a new location.
    Multiple locations worldwide.
    Respected company.

Cons

The work can be a bit tedious at times, but there is room to grow and develop new skills.
    Entry level pay is not that great.

Keep listening to your employees.

PSS - Better than being a contractor, worse than being a salaried employee

Former Employee - Scientist III  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Scientist III in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company does offer some benefits which you don't get with a contract position: Paid leave, insurance, dental etc. though these are not as good as offered by other companies. Annual merit increases and bonuses were given, but were quite low.

Cons

Communication to PSS sites is very poor from the main PA site. The company gives the impression of having expanded quickly without building the necessary management structures to cope with the expansion, so there are continuous policy changes and no one is really sure what is going on sometimes.
    HR structure at PSS sites is not very good.

Change the HR management at PSS sites. Improve communication with PSS sites so that they feel part of the company. Provide annual bonuses which better reflect company performance (it is insulting to get a 1.5% bonus when the company reports 45% growth and 25% above budget income - pass some of that on to the employees, or at least stop rubbing it in their faces).

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Scientist

Current Employee - Scientist  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Scientist in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very laid-back and flexible work environment.

Cons

Few opportunities for career advancement.

More professional development needed

Professional Scientific Staffing (PSS) - Solid job in a shifting market

Current Employee - Senior Scientist  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Thousand Oaks, CA

Pros

Lancaster Labs PSS provides a contingent workforce for many of the large pharmaceutical companies. It provides stable employment and an opportunity to gain great experience. It is a great way to start a career and build a network, or it can be a good fall back for people who have been laid off. They tend to hire energetic, intelligent, and hard-working people so the employees are generally a pleasure to work with.

Cons

The salaries are higher than temporary positions, though lower than full-time employees. There is little opportunity to advance, and some groups limit interaction with full-time employees, which effectively blocks networking (and thus any chance to find a new position via networking).

It is a good job overall, though I have found that the West Coast sites are very disconnected from the overall all business model employed by the rest of the company. Communicating a more unified vision for the role of PSS employees could help maintain consistency and also empower and solidify the roles that PSS employees play working within another pharma company.

Decent company

I have been working at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories

Pros

People working towards a good cause

Cons

Career pathway is not very clear

Provide better future growth incentives

Doesn't value employees, management is terrible, no growth, little pay

Current Employee - Chemist  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Chemist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Helps someone straight out of school gain experience

Cons

very little pay, not much growth, company's profits keep growing, but salaries stay the same. Cost of living raise doesn't equal increase in insurance, so you end up making less. Promote externally instead of from within, favoritism, HR and upper management don't care. They say "we expect a complete turnover every few years". Turnover rate is high...that should raise lots of red flags!

Work with your employees to build them, not just build yourselves and your friends.

Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Well respected company. Pays well, fair expectations. People are great. Company does quality work

Cons

None that I can think of at this point

None

Stressful

Former Employee - Chemist  in  Bedford, OH
    Former Employee - Chemist in Bedford, OH

I worked at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to learn new skills
    Meet people
    Good pay

Cons

Company low balled their bid to get contract. The goal that was set was unattainable.
    The customer provided no assistance to our group.
    After several months, they ended our contract.

Offer more incentives to retain quality employees.
    Provide reasonable bids and demand attainable goals that can be meet.

Company as a whole

Current Employee - Data Review Specialist  in  Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Data Review Specialist in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible schedule, attached day care, accepts new graduates for nearly every entry-level position

Cons

Pay for entry-level is at the 10-30% of national average for same position (according to monster.com on various job titles). I would only recommend this company to new college graduate who is desperate to find a job.

Consider increasing compensation to lower turn-over rate... in the 5 months I have been here 6 people I worked with had left the company with less than 2 years with the company.

Worked for Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!