Eurofins Scientific

Add Photos

Gilles G. Martin

Great company

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time

ProsNew labs, nice work place

ConsHeavy work load and flex work time

No upward mobility, with low wages and poor management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eurofins Scientific

ProsNice people work at Eurofins. Most of the people there are doing their job everyday and working hard to support their families.

ConsVery poor management. Low pay. No promotions. Overwork and underpay employees. Do not deal with personnel issues, so problems increase over time. Very rarely does Management discipline employees when rules are broken, even when it's an HR issues. Managers mistreat or talk down to employees regularly because they were never trained to be managers. Most of the mangers are a good scientists, but very poor at managing people. Some employees often break the rules and are not fired, which upsets the other employees. Employees are expected to work long hours and most departments are understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance needs great improvement. Pay people a more realistic salary. Resolve personnel issues instead of ignoring them to avoid additional problems in the future so you can do a better job of retaining your more highly motivated workers. Show people they are valued with promotions or even small raises. Follow HR protocols and discipline employees who do not follow the Employee Handbook.

It had its up and downs, great company but management needed help.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Eurofins Scientific

ProsGreat people to work with in the lab as well as in corporate.

ConsThe managers had no idea how to manage the people or how to help make sure you understood your work.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs more training on how to manage people and less on how to micromanage the department.

Fantastic experience, exceptional employees. This is truly an excellent place to work

Laboratory Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Eurofins Scientific full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe Company believed in me right from the beginning and within 18 months allowed me to implement suggestions to increase productivity and profits. They did, I did and we did!

ConsOur off-site managers for our site, being so very busy at their jobs too, used the basic trend that if you are good at your job/position and there are no problems, leave you alone to continue. It would mean so much more if every once in a while there was an Atta-boy/girl vs only contacting us when there is a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementI guess I would have to say, again, it would mean so much if every once in a while there was an Atta-boy/girl. Everyone likes to be reminded they are appreciated as an employee. It lifts their spirits, gives them a since they are also important to the Company. They will work harder to keep the Company successful. Thank you

it's ok for working for married people

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific

Prosgood working balance and very relax

Consno promotion, no career path

Advice to Senior Managementit's ok for working

Employees are cattle. Only directors and above get the money...

Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGrowing company (although not sure for how long)

ConsGilles (Martin) Kingdom.
Employees are pawns. New buzz words: TGHP...Eurofins plan to hire only from without (no internal promotions) to offer top dollars to "Top Grads with High Potential". If you are hoping to advance, sorry, not for you. They want outsiders to come in and measure YOUR efficiency. Oh, and by the way: current Medinet employees? you are about to lose your job to Lancaster....rumor has it, Lancaster is validating a brand new lab to take over all Medinet testing -in secret!...and all current Medinet employees will have to transfer from Chantilly, VA to Lancaster, PA or they are let go...Shhh, it's a secret! How's that for an honest relationship? Beware...this company is not trustworthy! Not the first time and won't be the last time that Eurofins made such an uncaring decision. And they squeeze every drop of your time or you are considered not a team player...

Advice to Senior ManagementYour turnover is only the beginning of your woes. Pay attention more to the welfare of your employees and not just on your networking capital. How many times has Des Moines seen turnover? And now your shared services are being transferred to Lancaster? How long until your Lancaster employees get smart? Eventually, the economic environment will improve and you will not be able to retain any more good people because they will be too smart to stay.

Decent Job

Lab Technician (Former Employee)
Des Moines, IA

I worked at Eurofins Scientific

ProsAble to use science and the scientific method to solve problems in the lab
Excellent benefits
Fun co-workers
Very good location (used to be north-central Des Moines, but is now Southern Des Moines)

ConsLow pay
Excessive rules (e.g. no music on the job)
Managers can be aloof and treat employees like cattle

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide leadership and build an environment where people can want to improve themselves. Recognize employees who go out of their way to do more than they have to.

Sent me back to grad school.

Analyst (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at Eurofins Scientific

ProsI recieved some industry experience while working as an analyst.

Consthe environment was anti-intellectual and suppressive of thought due to overhead economic pressure. The air conditioning stopped working.

Advice to Senior Managementnone.

Nice and everyday is challenging

Maintenance & IT Support Team (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice Atmosphere and nice place to work with.

ConsNot much downsides but no one should have more expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to grow still more around the world with the best output what customer needs .

Good Company if Learning and Growth is your priority

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time for more than a year

ProsLearning opportunity, growth, travel, free food and free transport.

1. Company is growing constantly (both globally and in India) and there are exciting new product developments are in progress.

2. There are lot of new technologies introduced and constantly challenged at work

3. Good travel opportunities.

Cons- Facilities are not great.
- Benefits are mediocre.
- Some of the policies are not very clear, but thats very trivial.
- HR team is too new.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more branding work to showcase Branding

Worked for Eurofins Scientific? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eurofins Scientific reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Eurofins Scientific CEO Gilles G. Martin. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by Eurofins Scientific employees.