Eurofins Scientific

Gilles G. Martin

Good place to start out

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician II in Mounds View, MN
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician II in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Small microbiology lab so you get to learn all methods the lab performs. Training was very good even though they expected you to learn a lot in short amount of time.

Cons

Hours tend to vary and have to work on the weekend. The pay is not very good especially with the high standards they have for the work you do.

environmental lab tech

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific

Pros

i love working there it is a small company

Cons

the work is repetitive we are solving down

don't get acquired by eurofins

I worked at Eurofins Scientific

Pros

the people who do the day to day work are awesome.

Cons

The management has no direction, looking to cut corners and save money, but cutting the wrong people from a minimum team as it is.

They will use and abuse you!

Former Employee - Client Services Representative in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Client Services Representative in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Eurofins Scientific full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Get to learn a lot about all kinds of testing. Independent work environment

Cons

No management structure. Hard to advance and little recognition for hard work. They will work you to the bone and pay you nothing. They do not value their employees at all.

No upward mobility, with low wages and poor management.

I worked at Eurofins Scientific

Pros

Nice people work at Eurofins. Most of the people there are doing their job everyday and working hard to support their families.

Cons

Very poor management. Low pay. No promotions. Overwork and underpay employees. Do not deal with personnel issues, so problems increase over time. Very rarely does Management discipline employees when rules are broken, even when it's an HR issues. Managers mistreat or talk down to employees regularly because they were never trained to be managers. Most of the mangers are a good scientists, but very poor at managing people. Some employees often break the rules and are not fired, which upsets the other employees. Employees are expected to work long hours and most departments are understaffed.

Work-life balance needs great improvement. Pay people a more realistic salary. Resolve personnel issues instead of ignoring them to avoid additional problems in the future so you can do a better job of retaining your more highly motivated workers. Show people they are valued with promotions or even small raises. Follow HR protocols and discipline employees who do not follow the Employee Handbook.

Great company

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time

Pros

New labs, nice work place

Cons

Heavy work load and flex work time

It had its up and downs, great company but management needed help.

I worked at Eurofins Scientific

Pros

Great people to work with in the lab as well as in corporate.

Cons

The managers had no idea how to manage the people or how to help make sure you understood your work.

Upper management needs more training on how to manage people and less on how to micromanage the department.

Fantastic experience, exceptional employees. This is truly an excellent place to work

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician

I worked at Eurofins Scientific full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Company believed in me right from the beginning and within 18 months allowed me to implement suggestions to increase productivity and profits. They did, I did and we did!

Cons

Our off-site managers for our site, being so very busy at their jobs too, used the basic trend that if you are good at your job/position and there are no problems, leave you alone to continue. It would mean so much more if every once in a while there was an Atta-boy/girl vs only contacting us when there is a problem.

I guess I would have to say, again, it would mean so much if every once in a while there was an Atta-boy/girl. Everyone likes to be reminded they are appreciated as an employee. It lifts their spirits, gives them a since they are also important to the Company. They will work harder to keep the Company successful. Thank you

it's ok for working for married people

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific

Pros

good working balance and very relax

Cons

no promotion, no career path

it's ok for working

Employees are cattle. Only directors and above get the money...

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Growing company (although not sure for how long)

Cons

Gilles (Martin) Kingdom.
    Employees are pawns. New buzz words: TGHP...Eurofins plan to hire only from without (no internal promotions) to offer top dollars to "Top Grads with High Potential". If you are hoping to advance, sorry, not for you. They want outsiders to come in and measure YOUR efficiency. Oh, and by the way: current Medinet employees? you are about to lose your job to Lancaster....rumor has it, Lancaster is validating a brand new lab to take over all Medinet testing -in secret!...and all current Medinet employees will have to transfer from Chantilly, VA to Lancaster, PA or they are let go...Shhh, it's a secret! How's that for an honest relationship? Beware...this company is not trustworthy! Not the first time and won't be the last time that Eurofins made such an uncaring decision. And they squeeze every drop of your time or you are considered not a team player...

Your turnover is only the beginning of your woes. Pay attention more to the welfare of your employees and not just on your networking capital. How many times has Des Moines seen turnover? And now your shared services are being transferred to Lancaster? How long until your Lancaster employees get smart? Eventually, the economic environment will improve and you will not be able to retain any more good people because they will be too smart to stay.