Europcar

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ron Santiago

awsome

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Cologne (Germany)

I have been working at Europcar full-time for more than a year

Prosmoney is good at some point

Constime is rare for senor employees

Poor performance

Ktw Driver Agent (Current Employee)
Liverpool, England (UK)

I have been working at Europcar full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNone that I can think of.

ConsNot knowing the time when you should finish work, very long hours, NO support from management, poor pay, treated with total discontent (your just a number not a name) and above total lack of investment.

Advice to Senior ManagementEuropcar are loosing contracts left and right because of poor management an lack of investment in decent cars and staff training. Most of the driving and cleaning is sub-contracted out to 3rd parties like autoclenz who employ people on a self employed pay per car system. This is totally wrong as the driver cannot stay and help customers with paperwork and controls etc because they need to get another job done to earn a wage (most of the time cannot speak any English). Enterprise have taken at least two BIG contracts out of our station in the last month and I can see why. Their staff are always smartly dressed (shirt and tie etc) the cars they have are top of the range and brand new not like the cheap rental spec base level cars we get. The top brass at europcar need to look seriously at how the middle and station management are running the show and talk to the guys and girls who are the ones interacting with the customers building a re-pore with them and actually earning the money.

Company squeezes every ounce of goodwill out of you and cares not for your welfare or health

Ktw Driver Agent (Current Employee)
Great Yarmouth, England (UK)

I have been working at Europcar full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSorry, there are no pros.

ConsVery long working hours. Never knowing from one day to the next what time you will finish.No breaks.I worked from 0715 until 2245, on Tuesday then had to start at 0545 Wednesday. (Honestly!). Minimum wage . Terrible working conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy do we take bookings for cars we don't have. Why do companies like Lex hold us to ransome with fines for late delivery, if we are unable to provide stated car, late collections.When are we going to have a fleet that matches our requirements. Spend a little more time listening to employees and not so much time trying to satisfy shareholders, and senior staff. Area manager has only visited branch twice in a year.

Totally Unethical

Car Cleaners, Tyre Crew (Current Employee)
Vantaa (Finland)

I have been working at Europcar as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThe people you work with at your level are great
Get to drive different makes of car
Get to see different parts of the country if you are new to it

ConsTotally unethical behaviour by all tiers of the management towards staff & customers
Total disregard for local labour laws and occupational health & safety standards
Discrimination of all kinds
Refuse to be responsible for any kind of work related injury and hides relevant compensation information from employees

Advice to Senior ManagementYOU NEED TO BE FIRED AND LOSE YOUR FRANCHISE!

STAY AWAY.

--- (Current Employee)
Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Europcar full-time for more than a year

Prossome nice colleagues, easy to be Rental service office because of high dissatisfaction rate of employees.

ConsUNETHICAL to employees and customers, Bad pay/awards & hours which causes many problems due to tight budget set by higher management, constant unreasonable pressures from higher management

Advice to Senior ManagementIts all about EOFY profit reports for Mr. CEO to receive better commission. The buck really stops there.

If RSOs, Managers and other operation workers are paid fairly to the amount of stress, effort and hours/awards, there wouldn't be as much mayham! Luckily Europcar is well adapted to high retention because as an employee you are just a number.

The CORE VALUE for Europcar is all about money by taking advantage of employees.

Don't take my word for it, speak to your local HONEST Europcar employee.

good job but not so well organised company and not many opportunities for positional and financial progress

Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee)
Belgrade (Serbia)

I worked at Europcar as a contractor for less than a year

Prosinteresting,plesant and fluent job

Consnot so many opportunities for advancement,not so organised environment, weekend working hours.

Advice to Senior Managementbetter reputation with better,faster and more efficient organisation

Hard work and pro-activeness is appreciated

Fleet Planning Analyst (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Europcar full-time for more than a year

ProsManagement supports you to succeed in your goals within organisation if you are ambitious, proactive and have drive to achieve results.

Employees are genuine and are always ready to help you by going that extra mile.

ConsSome employees are not adaptive to new approaches but rather wish to stuck to old historical methodology which sometimes prove as bottleneck towards achieving desired results.

Also, new policies and decisions take much time to pass through management approval process.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecrease the amount of time wasted in meetings (too many meetings) and;
Fast track the decision making process within departments.

How to manage a mushroom farm

Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at Europcar

ProsPeople you work with
Market Leader in the UK
Sense of Loyalty to customers
It use to be a lot better

ConsLack of communication from senior management
No strategic view or direction was ever communicated
The merger with National really destroyed staff morale
Seemed to be writing a book on how not to do change management

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a vision, from that have a strategy and an annual plan. Then tell people about it, let them understand it, and keep them informed about how things are going. Good or Bad

Worked for Europcar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Europcar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Europcar CEO Ron Santiago. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Europcar employees.