European Wax Center
www.waxcenter.com Aventura, FL 1 to 5 Employees

European Wax Center Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
European Wax Center – US – “Insode room”

Pros:
  • "Opportunities to make more money with tips, commissions, and bonuses"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Great place to build a clientele"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "10/hr with no benefits (when you're doing about a minimum of"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Low pay, but there are commission opportunities as well as bonuses"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great potential for growth if you can sell sell sell

Guest Service Associate (Current Employee)

ProsHourly pay, plus commission, plus bonuses. You make what you put into it. Great opportunity to meet amazing people (customers and employees). There are scripts for every imaginable situation which pretty much do your job for you. Corporate is very active in the company. The company takes pride in what they do and the products actually work.

ConsHighly sales driven. There are sales goals you must meet each pay period. Some centers give hours to employees based on how much they can make the company so hours and paychecks can be somewhat inconsistent. You sales and if you are passing or failing are often posted for everyone to see and management often promotes competition within departments.

Great learning experience

Paramus, NJ

ProsYou can make as much or as little money as you want since pay is base + commission. You also learn how to handle a variety of customer service issues. Really improved my skills.

ConsOnly real downside is that there are waves of negativity at times. If people get lazy, the energy tends to spread throughout.

Sad to go

Sales (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsClean and smelled great ! Great start to the experience
    Professional attire
    New Concept in waxing with the memberships
    Decent income you earn what you put out
    Loved my job
    Training in the beginning was very helpful

ConsCatty employees will start gossip
    Must meet product sales goals or fired
    NO FREE SERVICES for employees
    No expectation defined in print
    New to area but Not to the US should have had theses things arranged.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe mindful of your dedicated employees and treat them correctly. Do NOT listen to gossip , money talks BS walks. So will your Good employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome Career

ProsNew company that offers tons of growth and development. Excellent training program. I can say with confidence, EWC has the best waxing system on the market

ConsNew and growing so things are constantly changing. This isn't really a con because changes are usually for the better

Advice to Senior ManagementPositive reinforcement and coaching will help you grow an awesome team.

Great people, but no benefits.

Wax Specialist, Trainer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat clients, cash tips, excellent training, the chance to work some great clients and people who are in the industry.

ConsNo benefits, difficult to take vacation, no growth opportunities. Having to find your own coverage for time off whether you are sick or going on vacation or just taking one day off. If you do not have coverage there is a good chance you will not go.

Great place to work for a person who loves to wax.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere's paid training; 2-3 days with a wax trainer then you get 2 days to do free waxing for guests. Once you're finished with training it's impossible to feel uncomfortable once you're an offical wax specialist. The company is keen on being consistent and having a sanitary center/ wax rooms. When you start, your hourly is minimum wage and you can make up to $9/hr if you pass your evaluations. Pay is: hourly, plus commission on all services, products sold, and cash tips (if tipped on card it gets put on your paycheck)

ConsDepending on the owner of the store you have a 50/50 chance of having professional, caring, and honest management. The center I worked in did not have a franchise owner liked by any of the workers. The manager was ok, but not professional. During the winter season it can be difficult to keep your numbers up, which can lead to a one on one meeting with the manager. Insurance: expensive, expensive, expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the franchise owners are good people. Good meaning, professional, compassionate, and able to speak to employees with respect. When I was let go, management refused to give me a reason as to why I would no longer be an employee at the EWC. Funny, this was the day after I asked about insurance, which was supposed to be discussed with me months prior. (Which I had asked many times about insurance before, guess they didn't want to pay the small percent) Dispite the particular owners and manger of the center I was in, I loved my job. Also, many of my guests and I agree there should be different sized products; for traveling or frequent use. And a different container for, "restore it" due to how quickly a guest would go through one tube.

Surprised by all of the bad press

Wax Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsThe $$, my co-workers, the environment. My book is really busy which is great. My co-workers are great, I've met some great friends. I love my guests - they are awesome. Training was intense but helped me be prepared for guests. The owners seem to really care about me and the store.

ConsManagement is constantly talking numbers and goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide health insurance. It would keep me there for the long haul.

Poor management

New Haven, CT

ProsFree waxing, great discounts. You make good money and learn how to use Millennium and other booking services. It can help you in the future.

ConsHiring within always, if you're not friends with the manager? You're out of luck. Unfair to employees, definitely played favorites. High turnover rate.

Good stepping stone to gain administrate experience

Foster City, CA

ProsGreat work environment, surrounded by great coworkers and superb management.

ConsDidn't pertain to my professional goals after obtaining my bachelors degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave open lines of communication with your employees and listen to concerns or issues that may arise. Guest related, and or in the workplace.

Decent Job

Waxer (Former Employee)
    College Station, TX

ProsCommission on PAID services and sold products. Closed for major holidays. Closes early on slow afternoons. You have your own waxing room.

ConsInconsistent management. It is mandatory to work a weekend day. In order to get off, your shift MUST be covered or you're out of luck. Some employees aren't concerned with anything other than waxing and feel like helping clean the hallway or bathroom is below them. Quite a bit of bad mouthing management from employees when they don't get their way.

Advice to Senior ManagementYOU ARE THE BOSS. QUIT LETTING THE EMPLOYEES SCARE OR INTIMIDATE YOU TO GET WHAT THEY WANT. IF THEY WERE DESERVING OF SPECIAL TREATMENT OR ANYTHING, they wouldn't still be Estheticians.

Worked for European Wax Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at European Wax Center reviews and ratings. All 102 reviews posted anonymously by European Wax Center employees.