European Wax Center

Updated December 22, 2014
Updated December 22, 2014
3.2

CEO

Pros
  • Pay was good, free waxing to employees, they had front desk available to book appointments (in 11 reviews)

• plus commission is pretty good and you could make decent money if you sold a lot (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • There were no benefits for part time guest service associates (in 17 reviews)

• Extremely low pay and low commission for all the work you do (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Life at the European Wax Center.

Current Employee - Regiona Coach in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Regiona Coach in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is so amazing at the European Wax Center. You genuinely feel like a team with surrounding stores, ownership, and management. The compensation is also another pro and the growth you can achieve within the company is really nice. Everyone is very supportive. I also like the structure. You always know what is expected of you, and personally I thrive in an environment like this. It has always been flexible with my outside life whether it was school or kids.

Cons

There are no cons when working for the European Wax Center

Designated Manager

Former Employee - Designated Manager in Clackamas, OR
    Former Employee - Designated Manager in Clackamas, OR

I worked at European Wax Center

Pros

Great managerial experience, meet a lot of great people. Good products.

Cons

Too scripted and too much emphasis on sell, sell, sell. Nothing too constructive. Always expected to work at home without pay. No reimbursement for personal car, fuel, and cell phone usage. No benefits offered.

Focus more on the employees as individuals rather than a number/how much they're selling. Also, it's probably not a good idea to give managers books on weight loss.

Potential to make a decent salery

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at European Wax Center part-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you like waxing and you are in a busy center this can be a great job

Cons

Constantly having to push products on every guest that walks through the door. Very competitive environment

Awesome pay, but really evil...

Former Employee - Wax Specialist in Weston, FL
    Former Employee - Wax Specialist in Weston, FL

I worked at European Wax Center part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing about working at EWC are the guests. They are all so kind, and really so in love with the company it's the perfect relationship. The pay is awesome too. I love the wax, the education that we provide each and every guest, and the fact that everything is uniform where ever you go. It's probably the best paying and busiest job any Esthetician could ask for. The consistency of the company is unbelievably excellent! The team is great too, you truly feel like a family at work. The product are really high performance also gentle on the skin. You do get a guaranteed paycheck since you get 8 dollars an hour, so it's not like typical service jobs that only pay commission.

Cons

The Evil franchisee that previously owned the store I worked at. She always did a great job at constantly reminding every waxer how much they "sucked at sales" and "it's your fault that I'm not making any money, why should I have to put food on your tables" and that we never try our best.. She stopped giving us our quarterly pay increase... Even when requested and when we were improving sales and staying consistent she never gave us commission on retail, or our half off discount on products.. She would always cut out breaks behind our backs. I was always cautious what I would say to her because she always had such a short temper she would fire employees on the spot and threatened us on a weekly basis. We would never have constructive meetings. She would always sit in the lobby on her phone and talk garbage about the waxers in front of guests. When guests would ask to speak to management she would pretend that she's not the boss and hand the phone over to the GS. I didn't have a good experience at this location with her being my manager. I was in constant fear of losing my job every single shift was an emotional roller coasters we had a glorified GS that later became a manager who was stealing tips from waxers.. So much gossip, super sketchy pay stubs, no healthcare. It's impossible to get time off, there was no such thing as paid vacation. I waited a total of 2 years before I finally decided I needed time off, and it was never approved pay. All I wanted was 4 days off consistently, after two years of nonstop work, and covering EVERYONE ELSE'S shifts I never got anything.
    So they promise discounts of retail, benefits, free waxing, 45k to 60k a year, free product line when hired, pay increase every 3 months, flexible schedules... And all I got was free waxing.
    Be prepared for the most mentally/emotionally exhausting job of your life. This woman is a true psychopath, and I would pray for her constantly.

Please give this lady a pep talk. She thinks she's royalty because she is one of the first franchisees in FL. SHE'S EVIL I tell you! If she could just treat her employees with positive feedback and actually treat them like human beings she wouldn't have to go spamming the Internet with now hiring ads every other week.
    And for those that are going to apply there, go for it. Make your money and go home. When you're at work don't bother socializing with any other employees, don't give them any personal information, especially the GS's, just go in be kind and happy to your guests, try your best to meet your goal and go home. And try to become the franchisees favorite. Then you can literally get away with murder and make bank.

Wax Specialist

Former Employee - Wax Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Wax Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I worked at European Wax Center part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to get experience ONLY

Cons

Atmosphere is Fake, Management & GSA's are obviously Fake and goal is only to sell sell sell not to satisfy guest needs or requests, Very unprofessional, play favoritism, and pay is terrible for anyone who really has true talent.

Suggest Management, Guest, and Wax Specialist Relations 101

It's okay if you need a job

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at European Wax Center

Pros

-Co-workers are awesome
    -Tips made is worth it
    -Guests are great
    -Scrubs, it's nice having a uniform
    -pay is decent

Cons

-The fake reviews I read on this page (please, every place has cons you're not fooling anybody)
    -no benefits
    -they only care about selling products
    -they will take away your raise if you don't sell products roughly $1000 in a month
    -management likes to call people names!!
    -management is unprofessional

Stop having people write fake reviews!!

It is a joke

I worked at European Wax Center

Pros

I loved my coworkers, decent pay for a student. As a GSA, there are opportunities to advance quickly due to high turn over.

Cons

Completely unprofessional, immature management and regional management staff. I was prank phone called by my managers at work and I caught them! The scripts are nightmarish and the company is run poorly in general. They lose so much money by trying to force customers to buy things.

My advice would be stop selling your company franchises to any random person. Open stores and fill it with experienced staff! Also, lighten up a lot on your poor customers! Pressuring every person with literally 100 questions when it is their first time is not the way to flourish. They know the scripts are phony.

Positive environment

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Positive company! In general they want to see every one do really well

Cons

Lost of pressure to meet sales numbers. While we are speed waxers it would be nice to be able to connect and build a relationship with guests; not just constantly talk to them about what they should buy

I loved working for EWC and I'm reapplying for a job in a new city with them.

I worked at European Wax Center

Pros

Great education, goals, bonus', the company really cares about their employees.

Cons

Expensive products, some locations don't have a break room.

A company you can grow with

Current Employee - District Manager and Regional Trainer in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - District Manager and Regional Trainer in Alameda, CA

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you have a love for the beauty industry then this is the perfect career for you. There are countless opportunities for growth as a Guest Service Associate as well as Wax Associates. There are several areas were you can increase your pay over the coarse of your career. The training is extensive so you never feel uneducated whether you've been with the company for 5 years or 5 weeks. The products are AMAZING and the education provided is beyond compare. They continue to educate you as the company evolves. Even though it is a franchise of 600+ locations you are still able to speak directly with corporate and they work extremely hard to get back to you with in a timely manner. For associates new to the company you are never alone, there is always someone who is available to answer any and all questions or concerns you may have from existing center associates, managers, franchisees and corporate. The best part about working for this company is that you always feel like you are apart of the family that started it all :)

Cons

There are no cons when it comes to working for this company in my opinion. The challenges that you face will contribute to your growth.

European Wax Center Photos