European Wax Center

Updated October 16, 2014
Updated October 16, 2014
2.8

CEO

Pros
  • Not open too early or too late so its a good place to work, make money from commission, free waxing (in 12 reviews)

• Pay was good, free waxing to employees, they had front desk available to book appointments (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits, difficult to take vacation, no growth opportunities (in 16 reviews)

• Extremely low pay and low commission for all the work you do (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Best Company to Work for and Grow With!!!

Current Employee - Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is the most amazing company I have ever worked for. The owners are amazing, the company is constantly growing and coming up with fun and exciting new things. The waxers and Guest Service Associates are the sweetest ladies/Gents ever!! If you are looking for somewhere amazing to work, whether is be for a short time or to make a career with... This is the place!

Cons

Can get a little hectic and stressful at times... but what job doesn't!

Keep on being awesome!! Build up others so they can build you up as well. Never ask someone to do something you wouldn't do first... and treat them like family!!

We Reveal Beautiful Skin!

Current Employee - Designated Manager in Summerville, SC
    Current Employee - Designated Manager in Summerville, SC

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Consistency, Excellent Brand Awareness & Marketing Strategies. They are effective communicators and have regional coaches to help when issues arise. Designated Managers assigned to each center. As a payroll manager, hourly pay is VERY decent for those who work hard to meet their goals. National competitions for high performers etc.

Cons

Company does not offer corporate benefits, such as Medical, Dental or Vision. That is decided by individual franchisee. However, shift times are very accommodating to having a family and balancing everything. Most centers have reduced hours on Sundays and are open 8-8 rather than 10 pm or later.

No competition this wax is the best.

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The wax is amazing and once a guest tries the wax center they refer friends and help you build your business. Most money I've made at a salon/service job. Not a catty environment. Ability for growth. The hours are nice - not open too late or too early. The online booking is very easy for guests, especially those who are a little shy about their waxing.

Cons

Unable to see book at home, not a big deal but it would be nice to know what you're walking into for the day.

Keep your team positive!

Great Company

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work environment. Good company. Great hours and bonuses. It is amazing to have people feel so beautiful. It does not always feel like you are working, because the job is such a good place to grow and the customers are great.

Cons

I don't really have any negatives. Its a great company. There are just so many stores opening up all over that it can be harder to get the new clients in a specific center.

Guest Service Coordinator

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great culture, fairly easy job in a great environment and decent compensation.

Cons

Hourly is kind of low, and in most location it is hard to make good commission

If it is not a busy center the hourly should be raised for GSA (or increase the commission). Waxers will always make good their commission made on each guest they see plus tips; but not GSA

Walk in to your interview, Strut out with a career.

Current Employee - Designated Manager in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Current Employee - Designated Manager in Saratoga Springs, NY

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has a vision that they're executing through honesty, integrity, and knowing we're the leaders in our field. They provide extensive training and education, and give you all the tools you need to succeed. What you bring to your position will be what you take out. They've created a brand that is trusted across the country and a culture that is fun to be apart of.

Cons

The training process can be overwhelming. There's a lot to know, and without an extensive knowledge of your position it will be hard to be successful.

In one calendar year I went from a single digit hourly wage to salary as a center manager. Immerse yourself in the culture and brand, and advancement opportunities will present themselves. Be patient and take it one day at a time.

Fun, relaxed, flexible, sanitary, and overall fantastic!

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Creve Coeur, MO
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Creve Coeur, MO

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great hours, fun atmosphere, sanitary standards, helpful marketing to build books, great services and products.

Cons

Unfortunately they do not offer benefits, but hopefully that is something they will offer in the future.

Great job if your center is well managed!

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great training, great support, easy to start earning more quickly than a lot of salons. Fun, laid back work environment.

Cons

it's a franchise, so if your owner is no good, you might have a bad time working here. a lot of the negative reviews I read have a lot of problems that seem to stem from a particular store manager, rather than the corporation itself.

Corporate should make insurance available to franchise locations and monitor managers better. Bad management should be accountable to corporate. I love my manager, but if I didn't I would have no where to go to about the issue, as she owns the store.

Love my Job!

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

European Wax Center offers a professional and clean working environment. Goals are set to ensure goals are met, but owners make sure they make work fun! It is great to work with a group of girls who do not create unnecessary drama. Corporate is also a huge help. There is constant education and help when questions come up in the center. I feel lucky to be part of such a great company.

Cons

Work has its ups and downs, but even on bad days I still have enough support to get through any problem.

Genuine Brand Abassador and Team Visionary

Current Employee - Center Manager in DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Center Manager in DFW, TX

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

FUN, Young, similar interests, great hours for hourly employees, unlimited resource and training availability, company wide intranet, paid conferences, ground breaking corporation.

Cons

Unfortunately not every employer has a radar that's on point 100% all of the time, so due to our younger staff, the immaturity in personalities can come out. And that's not to cal immature it's just the simple nature of a front desk team in their late teens early 20s who are still figuring our career and personal lives.

European Wax Center Photos