European Wax Center Reviews

Updated August 23, 2014
Updated August 23, 2014

2.7

CEO

Pros
  • Opportunities to make more money with tips, commissions, and bonuses (in 7 reviews)

• can get free waxing if you're friends with the waxers (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits, difficult to take vacation, no growth opportunities (in 12 reviews)

• Low pay, but there are commission opportunities as well as bonuses (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to gain some money while as student

Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Miami, FL

I worked at European Wax Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

As Guest Service Coordinator, it was great having a part-time while going to university. Cool place to work, commission for selling packages. Promotions and time-off/flexibility depends on your specific store.

Cons

Sometimes dramatic in terms of guests freaking out over waxes (especially first timers). It's not a big deal but sometimes gets annoying. Your experience really depends on your manager, whether or not they are a good manager.

I have worked for corporate stores and franchise stores, both have their differences. I personally like the CEOs and upper management. They understand their business very well and motivate their employees.

Great learning experience

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Paramus, NJ

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make as much or as little money as you want since pay is base + commission. You also learn how to handle a variety of customer service issues. Really improved my skills.

Cons

Only real downside is that there are waves of negativity at times. If people get lazy, the energy tends to spread throughout.

Awesome Career

I have been working at European Wax Center

Pros

New company that offers tons of growth and development. Excellent training program. I can say with confidence, EWC has the best waxing system on the market

Cons

New and growing so things are constantly changing. This isn't really a con because changes are usually for the better

Positive reinforcement and coaching will help you grow an awesome team.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful part-time job to have while in school!

Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at European Wax Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great money plus opportunities for commission. Extremely knowledgable and professional co-workers.

Cons

There is not much room to advance professionally.

Wax Specialist

Current Employee - Wax Specialist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great upbeat place to work! Products I believe in. Clean and professional environment with a family feel.

Cons

The commission/bonus structure changes too much. You need to ask 4 weeks in advance for time off.

Friendly, energetic workplace

Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Guest Service Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at European Wax Center part-time for less than a year

Pros

As a guest service coordinator you get discounted products (40% off). Team oriented environment and flexible scheduling. They offer sales compensation and if you do really well in your sales goals they offer extra bonus' each month and also do competitions between store locations

Cons

I felt that all employees should be able to receive free waxing services, not just the wax specialists. Working as a guest service coordinator you receive 30% off all services. Most of the time they run specials that allow their guests to save 25% on services if they purchase a prepaid wax pass, so as an employee you don't get that much more of a discount.

Give all employees free services!

Fantastic way to make money, with the right management.

Current Employee - Wax Specialist  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

You have the ability to make great money, great products, easy to build clientele.

Cons

No benefits, time off difficult.

The management makes all the difference in the franchise. The company itself is well organized and efficient, but having experienced business management is the key to making the whole system work. Most of the complaints I've read involve unprofessional or unjust management, and do not effect the corporate structure. The management in nashbille is great. Not Micro managed. If you're someone who comes in with a good attitude and likes to work you shouldn't have any issues. It is BUSY so you have potential to make great money. But if you're a person who prefers to be in a spa environment with 2-3 guests per day with down time, this probably isn't the best fit for you. The shifts are short but busy, which maximizes your tips. I work about 30 hours per week and make roughly 1.5 times what I made working 40+ hours else wear.

Amazing Company - Love the Job - You get what you put in!

Current Employee - Wax Specialist
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with a group of women who also love what they do. You meet a lot of new people & get to work in a fast paced, low stress environment. You get paid hourly (which is great because most places in the beauty industry are commission only), your tips & commission on both services and products. If you work hard and care about your job & guests - they will be loyal to you. The wax is amazing and so are the products .. it is a win win!

Cons

I have not found any.

Amazing company

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Goal oriented. The people who don't work out are the ones that do minimal job performance. They give you everything you need to be successful and if you dedicate yourself your going to make more money. Very structured. Lots of ways to educate yourself and as a group. Everyone is treated the same and held to the highest standards. Inspiring, challenging, great products, programs, services and networking opportunity. Growing dramatically.

Cons

Finding the perfect people for the job

Communication is key. Tell associates what your thinking at all times. Set expectations before they are hired and maintain those expectations through out employment.

EWC Review

I have been working at European Wax Center

Pros

Hourly, plus commission and tips, amazing training

Cons

not flexible schedules, very into getting your stats up

Worked for European Wax Center? Contribute to the Community!