www.waxcenter.com

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014
3.3

CEO

Pros
  • Pay was good, free waxing to employees, they had front desk available to book appointments (in 11 reviews)

• plus commission is pretty good and you could make decent money if you sold a lot (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • There were no benefits for part time guest service associates (in 17 reviews)

• Extremely low pay and low commission for all the work you do (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Life at the European Wax Center.

Current Employee - Regiona Coach in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Regiona Coach in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is so amazing at the European Wax Center. You genuinely feel like a team with surrounding stores, ownership, and management. The compensation is also another pro and the growth you can achieve within the company is really nice. Everyone is very supportive. I also like the structure. You always know what is expected of you, and personally I thrive in an environment like this. It has always been flexible with my outside life whether it was school or kids.

Cons

There are no cons when working for the European Wax Center

Extremely unprofessional environment no team work. a lot of gossiping among employees and the manager believes everythin

Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Wax Specialist in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Clean work place! uniform is very professional looking. You also get to go home with money in your pocket everyday.

Cons

A lot of pressure is placed on employees to sell products or it could lead to being fired! Also employers had their favorites and made it very known. These favorites would complain to Manager and as a result the employee that was complained about would get fired or given warning...without a good reason, just due to hear say. They are very snooty infront of clients but spoke very badly about clients and their body as soon as they were gone. Very Unprofessional.

Review each employee individually not due to hear say and don't be prejudice to them. After all they made you a lot of money. Stop treating grown women as if they are children being discipline. You are younger than the majority of the workers you have atleast respect them. Also you employees work 6hours and don't get a break this is illegal. I have worked 8hrs and not get my hour break several times.

Overall, not horrible

Current Employee - Wax Associate in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Wax Associate in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The hours are great, nice little 6 1/2 hours shifts during the week, one weekend day all day. It's really nice getting cash tips on a daily basis. You form relationships with your guests from seeing them every 2-4 weeks. If you get lucky with generous regulars, the tips can be good. It's fairly easy to get time off if you know about it in advance. Most wax associates are very helpful and pick up shifts when they can. Very fast-paced (once you build your clientele up), so the days just fly by. It is a good place to start and get experience.

Cons

The turnover is very high.. Guests are constantly complaing about waxers leaving or getting fired. You work with all girls... which usually means drama and gossipping. Management is very sales driven.. it often feels like they don't care about their employees, just their numbers. Many waxers received a drop in their hourly wage and bonuses are almost impossible to get. You have to work really hard and get paid very little. There is no room for growth...

Pay waxers more hourly. We are the reason you are making any money at all. Starting pay of $8 an hour is absolutely horrible. Often times the front desk girls make more than the waxers. Show some appreciation to your employees.

I loved working for EWC and I'm reapplying for a job in a new city with them.

I worked at European Wax Center

Pros

Great education, goals, bonus', the company really cares about their employees.

Cons

Expensive products, some locations don't have a break room.

Pros

Good job to work with school schedule

Cons

Pay is kinda low
    Hard to get shifts covered
    Sales job

A company you can grow with

Current Employee - District Manager and Regional Trainer in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - District Manager and Regional Trainer in Alameda, CA

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you have a love for the beauty industry then this is the perfect career for you. There are countless opportunities for growth as a Guest Service Associate as well as Wax Associates. There are several areas were you can increase your pay over the coarse of your career. The training is extensive so you never feel uneducated whether you've been with the company for 5 years or 5 weeks. The products are AMAZING and the education provided is beyond compare. They continue to educate you as the company evolves. Even though it is a franchise of 600+ locations you are still able to speak directly with corporate and they work extremely hard to get back to you with in a timely manner. For associates new to the company you are never alone, there is always someone who is available to answer any and all questions or concerns you may have from existing center associates, managers, franchisees and corporate. The best part about working for this company is that you always feel like you are apart of the family that started it all :)

Cons

There are no cons when it comes to working for this company in my opinion. The challenges that you face will contribute to your growth.

A place to grow!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked my way up in this company after starting from the bottom. I like that European Wax Center works hard to help their own people thrive and grow. The training programs are phenomenal and the environment is classy, fresh, and fun. Hourly wages are only a smaller portion of your pay as commission, tips, and bonuses play a huge role in your overall gross pay. I've been with the company for almost 5 years now and I can't wait to see where we are headed!

Cons

This company is a nightmare position for someone unmotivated to make money.

I have been working at European Wax Center

Pros

Training provided on wax services

Cons

Low pay, main service is brazilians

Great atmosphere and tons of room for advancement!

Current Employee - Regional Director in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at European Wax Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This company gives back as much as your willing to put in. The sky is the limit here if you are interested in not only learning, but leaving your footprint on the development of this great brand.

Cons

Due to the sheer amount of guests that come through our doors there is never really down time. I'd say the toughest thing is entitled customers that think we owe them the world for simple complaints.

For upper management a more outlined compensation contract would be nice to be able to map your growth.

Decent employer and good money.

I have been working at European Wax Center

Pros

6-7 hour work days, great pay for the hours worked. Pretty decent tips when guest actually tips.

Cons

Bonus structure could be more obtainable for the different waxing levels or for people who work less days/hours. Could be more organized within the business structure.

Take care of your employees when they do an exceptional job.

European Wax Center Photos