European Wax Center

www.waxcenter.com

European Wax Center Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2014
European Wax Center – US – “Insode room”

Pros
  • Opportunities to make more money with tips, commissions, and bonuses(in 7 reviews)

• can get free waxing if you're friends with the waxers(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits, difficult to take vacation, no growth opportunities(in 12 reviews)

• Low pay, but there are commission opportunities as well as bonuses(in 7 reviews)

Great place to gain some money while as student

Guest Service Coordinator (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsAs Guest Service Coordinator, it was great having a part-time while going to university. Cool place to work, commission for selling packages. Promotions and time-off/flexibility depends on your specific store.

ConsSometimes dramatic in terms of guests freaking out over waxes (especially first timers). It's not a big deal but sometimes gets annoying. Your experience really depends on your manager, whether or not they are a good manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have worked for corporate stores and franchise stores, both have their differences. I personally like the CEOs and upper management. They understand their business very well and motivate their employees.

Good to get started

Wax Associate (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsYou will learn to wax, hours are good, set schedule, the products work well, beautiful working environment, co-workers are friendly and encouraging

Consno benefits, not guest satisfaction centralized, they lie about how much you will make, commissions are lower and corporate minimums are higher than most other spa companies

Advice to Senior Managementsee cons

Great potential for growth if you can sell sell sell

Guest Service Associate (Current Employee)

ProsHourly pay, plus commission, plus bonuses. You make what you put into it. Great opportunity to meet amazing people (customers and employees). There are scripts for every imaginable situation which pretty much do your job for you. Corporate is very active in the company. The company takes pride in what they do and the products actually work.

ConsHighly sales driven. There are sales goals you must meet each pay period. Some centers give hours to employees based on how much they can make the company so hours and paychecks can be somewhat inconsistent. You sales and if you are passing or failing are often posted for everyone to see and management often promotes competition within departments.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great learning experience

Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) Paramus, NJ

ProsYou can make as much or as little money as you want since pay is base + commission. You also learn how to handle a variety of customer service issues. Really improved my skills.

ConsOnly real downside is that there are waves of negativity at times. If people get lazy, the energy tends to spread throughout.

Great people, but no benefits.

Wax Specialist, Trainer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat clients, cash tips, excellent training, the chance to work some great clients and people who are in the industry.

ConsNo benefits, difficult to take vacation, no growth opportunities. Having to find your own coverage for time off whether you are sick or going on vacation or just taking one day off. If you do not have coverage there is a good chance you will not go.

Awesome Career

ProsNew company that offers tons of growth and development. Excellent training program. I can say with confidence, EWC has the best waxing system on the market

ConsNew and growing so things are constantly changing. This isn't really a con because changes are usually for the better

Advice to Senior ManagementPositive reinforcement and coaching will help you grow an awesome team.

Sad to go

Sales (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsClean and smelled great ! Great start to the experience
    Professional attire
    New Concept in waxing with the memberships
    Decent income you earn what you put out
    Loved my job
    Training in the beginning was very helpful

ConsCatty employees will start gossip
    Must meet product sales goals or fired
    NO FREE SERVICES for employees
    No expectation defined in print
    New to area but Not to the US should have had theses things arranged.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe mindful of your dedicated employees and treat them correctly. Do NOT listen to gossip , money talks BS walks. So will your Good employees.

Promised part-time got kicked down to 8 hours a week.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCould switch shifts if needed.

ConsWas promised a part-time position at interview ended up with about eight hours a week. Not a good place to work if you have a mind of your own. Management would not listen to suggestions and when given suggestions you may get a "talking to" about not being passionate about your job. Flip and turn clients or customers, really bad business practices. Very pushy sales position, and if you don't push customers the way they want you to they get upset. Recorded phone calls without my knowledge to "train" All together not the best experience. They have a ton of employee turnover...for a reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees. Make sure they get the hours they are promised.

Great money, but not worth the amount of work you put in

Wax Specialist (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsIt's corporate policy to only do 6 hour shifts, which is amazing! It's great pay for the little amount of hours you work. You meet so many new clients and have the opportunity to build great relationships and clientele. I've made such amazing friendships with all of my co-workers.

ConsIts extremely hard on your body and management does not really take into consideration how much your body hurts when they are scheduling you to work more hours than normal. Around holidays they schedule you so many extra hours its ridiculous. Since every center is a franchise, sometimes the owners don't follow corporate policy and it confuses us on how to do our job the way we are supposed to. it is virtually impossible to get days off for vacation, all shifts must be covered, and even if they're covered, you may not get it approved. It's also almost impossible to call out if you are sick, management gives you such a hard time. Even when your numbers are above where they should be, it's never good enough for management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease start hearing what your employees are saying instead of just listening. And instead of responding to employees with corporate rebuttals constantly, please start treating us like real people.

Poor management

Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) New Haven, CT

ProsFree waxing, great discounts. You make good money and learn how to use Millennium and other booking services. It can help you in the future.

ConsHiring within always, if you're not friends with the manager? You're out of luck. Unfair to employees, definitely played favorites. High turnover rate.

Worked for European Wax Center? Contribute to the Community!