Eurostaff Group Reviews

7 reviews filtered by
  • United Kingdom
3.8
Mark Znowski and Paul Flynn

1. Adaptive, progressive and ambitious.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eurostaff Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been here for 2.5 years and have enjoyed it. When the management team and directors at this company recognize ability and a hunger to do well, full support is given to ensure consultants get there. There is a range of close management and coaching whilst on the job and separate training from a dedicated training department.

The earning potential is massive if you do your job well and people are rewarded with dinners/ nights out when targets are hit. It's a very sociable company and it has become more 'free' over the last year with changes in management and directors. Consultants are given the respect to get on with their business more than they used to and it is showing on the sales floor.

Cons

Work/life balance takes a hit for the first 8 months, as does earning (if you are coming from a sales job at least). It takes that long to see a financial return but changes to pay structure in recent months is kinder to the new consultant, the company have acknowledged that it's tough for that time and are making it better.

Advice to Management

Office culture has improved so much over the year and it is an exciting place to be.

2. Great memories, great people, but moved on at the right time for me

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Eurostaff Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The MD's are ambitious and once you establish yourself they are remarkably loyal to you.
    The social side of it is amazing. I left over 2 years ago and I still see people from there from time to time (bit of an excessive booze culture though, so potentially not for people who want to have relationships and settle down)
    Because it can be tough and you do occasionally get a battering from a manager when you aren't performing, you get really close knit teams and a kind of bunker mentality.
    Excellent earning potential (if you are good at the job!). Commission is at a good level and there is no threshold. You also get a phone, a pension after 12 months and BUPA - believe me that is not industry standard!

Cons

This is recruitment. You are either a recruiter or you are not. There are easier agencies to work for (which are boring and usually less lucrative), but daily life is fine if you know what you are signing up for. You should not be under any illusions though, it is hard, thankless work and only enjoyable when you are making money.
    There is something of a glass ceiling as the company has managers based on how long they have been with the company and how much they have billed, rather than their ability as a manager. Disciplinary procedures leave a lot to be desired and the occasional 'hairdryer' treatment is handed out.
    Although the social side is great it goes overboard after a while. Alcohol plays far too big of a part in the week.
    Basic salary for seniors and above is not great. Graduates are a big risk in the industry and so costs need to be kept down, but after 2.5 years my basic was only 24k despite the fact I was one of the more established billers and managing two people. This was made even more annoying as it was common knowledge that external senior hires were paid considerably more to get them in. The company relies on graduates not knowing anything about the rest of the industry, which is how they are able to keep basic salaries so low.

Advice to Management

Promote people to manager based on their managerial competency
    Help some of the mid-level people to get their life on track so that they stay for the long term - developing alcohol problems and blowing all the money they have is not good for them or business
    Stay involved on the floor as much as you can. You are well liked and people like hearing from you. Eurolife and lunch clubs and the winners trips were a particular highlight!

Oct 22, 2014Marketing Manager

Thanks for the feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your time with us. Best of luck for the future!

3. I've been at Staffgroup for 2 years

I have been working at Eurostaff Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a developmental company with good training & coaching given to all employees. There is huge earning potential if you are naturally good and smart enough to evaluate yourself and your business.

Cons

The hours can be long and you have to be patient to start seeing the financial reward of your hard work. It is target driven and not for people who are easily stressed.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the more experienced consultants and the business will benefit.

May 16, 2014Marketing Manager

Thanks for the feedback - really appreciated.

5. Good Prospects & Earning Potential

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eurostaff Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Really fun team and sociable environment, every Thursday and Friday people go out for after work drinks.
    - At the first monthly company meeting I went to I saw people getting promoted and although I'd been told so at interview, I was surprised to see quite how much money people make.
    - There are some really great company benefits (holidays, lunch clubs, incentives) which you can get rewarded with when you do a good job

Cons

Some people find the hours long, but everyone tells you this before you join, and on Friday we all finish at 3pm

Oct 22, 2014Marketing Manager

Thanks for the review. Always good to get feedback and keep improving. :-)

6. Values driven business with excellent prospects

I have been working at Eurostaff Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team at Eurostaff is really a team. You get the sense that everyone is working towards the same goals for the business. There is a focus on personal achievement, but this ties in with a real togetherness. Hard work is expected and rewarded handsomely, with everybody in the business from rookies to directors have an equal chance to experience annual once-in-a-lifetime trips (as well as excellent salaries).

I've worked in four different recruitment agencies and the industry does suffer from a bad reputation but Eurostaff bucks the trend in the way it approaches recruitment and treats its staff.

Cons

Recruitment is a tough business and some people don't realise how tough. This can sometimes result in periods where individuals leave the business quite soon after joining. Rather than being reflective on the company, it's more of the industry. It's good to see Eurostaff realising this and introducing training and development to combat staff turnover.

The hours can be long and you can get knockbacks but this is the same in many businesses/industries. You need to learn quickly and work smart to minimise the 'cons'.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep hiring intelligently. Keep offering new and fulfilling opportunities.

7. No future, no progression, no support. Modern day slavery

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eurostaff Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good office location, right next tot he Thames and Borough market. Fresh fruit supplies, water and coffee. Free alcohol for those who want it. Some teams are nice.

Cons

I was working at Eurostaff for over 3 years and finally managed to leave, after being stuck in a catch 22 situation in regards to commission being paid out and all the hours and weekends I have put in. In the 3 years I have been there, I have had roughly 3 trainings and no coaching whatsoever. It is a learning by doing kind of company, where you are left to your own devices- no matter what they say. The Senior Management don’t tend to have degrees or a great deal of experience, which is greatly reflected in employee satisfaction and their way of running the company. If they don’t like you, you get sacked- no matter how junior or senior you are. I was in recruitment before and still am now, having learned that not every company treats you the way ESG does. The appointment of Team,- and Senior Leaders come after you have “billed” a certain amount, regardless of your ability to manage, motivate or drive a team. The failure of launching succefully abroad and the way above average high fluctuation of staff speaks for itself. I would never ever recommend this company to potential employees, clients or associates.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your staff without taking personal offence. Treat your staff like intelligent individuals and you might just be able to run a successful business.

Oct 22, 2014Marketing Manager

Sorry you feel like this. We are continuously looking to improve. We will take your feedback seriously and see how we can improve moving forward.

Best of luck in your future career!

You leave as a broken man/woman

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Eurostaff Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good perks such as trips and friendly teams within the company. Good for giving opportunities for future employees without degrees.
    Early finish on Fridays is also great! Can be a lucrative earning potential within “contracts” division.

Cons

I have never worked at a company with a higher fluctuation in staff, with the average length of someone working at Eurostaff, being under 6 months. I think this says it all.. There are several reasons for that: If the company doesn’t perform well, you will find yourself in a monthly meeting being shouted at and discriminated by your directors. There are no HR guidelines in place. This company prides themselves on having won awards, but they are bluffs. As an employee you have to fill out a form stating how happy you are, which is suppose to be anonymous, however, a member of the Senior Team watches over you as you fill it in and you are asked to leave good remarks. Regarding the monetary details, that is much lower than industry standard and the commission scheme is not great, as you might end up waiting one year to be paid.
    All in all, it is a company that is about to be sold soon. Opening offices worldwide, only having to shut them down again 6 months later, because their business plan doesn’t work out.

Advice to Management

Employ some independently trained staff and take care of your staff (not in alcohol terms) to lower your staff fluctuation.