Evalueserve

Evalueserve Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Evalueserve CEO & Co-Founder Marc Vollenweider

Marc Vollenweider

Pros
  • Good work-life balance is only pro that I can think of(in 18 reviews)

• good company good people good manager good environment and people like the multi international working environment(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • long working hours and tight schedule(in 28 reviews)

• Some verticals are extremely tenuous and work life balance is hard to achieve(in 25 reviews)

IPR

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary for a fresher, good learning experience

ConsVery long hours in the company, less opportunity given for a fresher. Biaseness also seen in some cases.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould decrease working hours and increase increment on appraisal

Glad I did worked, but wouldn't go back.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsI enjoyed it there, I felt it was a meritocracy like they promote. I was able to discuss ideas freely with all levels of management. If it was feasible and good, they would incorporate it. I felt like I was paid to learn.

ConsIt is a stepping stone, doubtful that most would make a career in that company. Hard to keep trained staff do to the turnover. Given the nature of the work, that is understandable. Pay was on the low side, but not terribly low. I had some cross culture issues with Indians, especially in the area of timeliness.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much to say here. They are good at what they do and try hard.

Not as per expectations

Group Manager (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsLaid back work culture. You can delay your work as much as you can. Good company for female employees. they can do whatever they want, but if you are a male, then beware, one small mistake and you are slaughtered.

ConsLots of favoritism, if you are not in good books and not good at flattering then you will have a tough time. lots of things to adhere to, no freedom whatsoever, it seems that you are in a concentration camp rather than in a healthy work environment. Guys, they force you to wear tie, so you feel total subordination. They don't trust their employees, you are being frisked while coming in and going out. There are no dustbins near your desk and you can't even have coffee while working. Security will stop you from taking coffee cups inside the office.
    Even the CEO doesn't knows how to communicate. His email reeks strict directives rather than inclusive participation.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees some freedom, they are all educated and respectful people not sweat shop workers. Bring in some equity in terms of pay, consider employee benefits, you guys totally suck on that. Chuck out incompetent employees, revamp your appraisal and pay system, they are no in line with standard industry practices. If you cant do it, let me do it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good employer but needs improvement in some aspects

Human Resources (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Prosthey have an excellent operations team and the background of people hired, exposure provided is excellent.

Conslong work hours, salaries need revised and decision making could be more professional

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more serious with your employee surveys and employee voice and implement changes

Brilliant

SBA (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsBest place to start your career, learning, opportunities, growth

Conslimited lateral movement, monotonous projects

Good learning

Research Associate (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Proswork life balance, personal growth

Consmoney, shift, transport, training, values

Advice to Senior Managementpeople friendly

good

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Prosworth spending one to two years there. good company good people good manager good environment and people like the multi international working environment

Consquality of students has gone down recently since 2012. now no one from top universities join this firm any more and the office is not as good as before

No learning in initial stages of careers for chartered accountants

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsCulture and Co-operation is cool

Consprofile and wrork are not good

Good to learn at start of your career, but you may not deserve what you work for

Research Associate (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsDiversity of work for clients of different domains

ConsNo recognition at all
    Depends on how good your relationship is with your manager
    Promotion, appraisal, and recognition- all depends on if they need, it is noway linked to your performance
    Long story short, you will never be appreciated for the hard work you put in.
    Managers might not give you enough opportunity for exposure
    Very very bad appraisal, again not linked to your performance
    Higher management is so busy in scouting, that after bagging a project they had bagged, they have no clue whats going in there, and they will definitely blame it on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of running after to-be clients, first take care of already existing processes, and an employee discusses something dont put it on next level management, but deal with it yourself maybe as you are the management too.

Good Place to learn

Research Associate (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsGood training program. Nice exposure to the world of equity research.

ConsWork can be hectic sometimes

Worked for Evalueserve? Contribute to the Community!