Evanston Reviews

Reset
2.2
George Winn

1. Great Place

I worked at Evanston part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful place to work. Very friendly environment. I was trained properly and give an opportunity to stay on but chose a position closer to my home.

Cons

Not many bad things to say. A little far from the Metra but they are right next to the CTA so I guess thats nice.

Advice to Management

Not much to give other than some people deserve raises from time to time, but that's everywhere.

2. It was great.

Former Employee - Healthcare in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Healthcare in Evanston, IL

Pros

The hours I had were perfect 7a-3p. The people I worked with were amazing. It was very close to my home.

Cons

The company became too corporate. We used to feel appreciated but it became about the dollar and not the employees.

Advice to Management

Don't only tell an employee when they have done something wrong but tell them when they get a compliment from a patient or fellow employee. Try and make your employee fell like you appreciate them.

3. Cares about patients, could care less about employees

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Evanston, WY
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Evanston, WY

I worked at Evanston part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are the largest employer in the area. If you work in the medical field, it is hard to avoid them.

Cons

Low pay, poorly-subsidized benefits, vacation and holiday pay policy can lead to involuntary forfeiture of paid holidays, employees can be sicker than the patients they care for but must show up for work or be fired.

Advice to Management

I shared my advice to management and, despite clear evidence, they created their own version which excused themselves and found no reason to alter policies.

RSS Feed </> Embed