EventPro Strategies

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jessica Browder-Stackpoole

Good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswas able to work at home if needed.

Consno real growth other than to move to another program. Depending on territorities what you have the hours can be early

Fun and Fast-Paced Work Environment with Advancement Opportunities

ProsEPS offers an exciting, fast-paced and fun working environment! There is never a dull moment or a "slow" day, the work is challenging but very rewarding and fun.
    EPS has a great company culture and there is a lot of room for advancement within the company and advancement can happen VERY quickly.

ConsThe industry in itself is very demanding and ever-changing. Problem solving, time management and organizational skills are must have skills in order to succeed.

Lots of Opportunity for Those Willing to Take/Make It

Director (Current Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsEventPro Strategies is the perfect company for someone who is driven to succeed. The company is small enough that those who go above and beyond are noticed, but large enough that we get to work with exciting, well-known brands and agencies. In working for EPS since 2007, I have had countless opportunities to grow professionally and learn more and more about the experiential marketing industry. The executive team encourages people to speak up with ideas and/or be vocal about their skills, and those who demonstrate that they can make an impact are promoted and given more responsibility and opportunity. Prior to working at EPS I worked for a very large company (1,000+ employees). In coming to EPS I was able to demonstrate my skill set and be recognized very quickly, where as in the larger company it was much more difficult to be seen by and build relationships with those at the executive level. Since starting at EPS, I have worked hard and always tried to be an asset to the company, and the CEO and executive team have continually rewarded that.

ConsThis is a small company in a fast-paced industry, and you will be noticed! This company is not for someone who is just wanting to get by or to clock in and clock out and have little responsibility. Sometimes it is "sink or swim" with not a lot of hand-holding (this might actually be a pro for some people- micromanagement does not exist here). Also, EPS is a very nimble company and is quick to try new things when necessary, so this environment is also not for someone who is uncomfortable with change.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't do it...you can do better...TRUST ME.

Scottsdale, AZ

ProsA cool team environment for the Program Coordinators....You bond over the crazy of it all and it makes you close..
    Interesting assignments
    Good experience you can take to a real cpmpany
    Fast paced environment, that is never the same.

ConsWhere do I begin....
    Contracts that are flimsy and favor the company ONLY.
    Pay that seems decent on paper, but when you realize you will work around the clock, it is lower than minimum wage.
    A management level of expectations and responsibilities, sans the pay and respect.
    Literally expected to work ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT long.
    If you have a family, a significant other, a goldfish for crying out loud...it WILL FEEL neglected, by your level of day to day distraction due to your job
    0 and I mean 0 time off. and if you need it, it is a fight and people still email/call you and are definitely upset when you go.
    A shady upper management who are full of smileys and exclamation points in their emails, but really are figuring out the next screw you tactic for it's employees

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can write all of these positive reviews on this site EPS management, but the number of negatives will keep coming. How you treat people (YES we are people) is unethical. EVERYONE deserves time off, everyone deserves a break and to feel valued. This environment you've created is toxic and unnecessary. Why you wouldn't want to build your business in a more ethical way is beyond me...You get amazing and hardworking people and you abuse them....What a shame......

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

This company is very unorganized and unprofessional.

ProsPlenty of room for opportunity

ConsThis company is the worse. I worked for a 4 month program last year through a different company and had no issues. EPS does the scheduling and processes payroll. I've gotten several duplicate emails from several different people referring to availability and payroll that I had previously sent over. I tried calling them but I kept being redirected to people who could not help me. There is no consistency. Every week I'm getting emails from new people about paperwork that was already submitted. They are very unorganized and can't seem to keep up with peoples' information. I wouldn't recommend working for this company directly (in office) or indirectly (booking events through them.)

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a staff that is consistent, organized and can get the job done.

Overworked, Unrealistic Expectations, Underpaid.

ProsThere isn't much.
    - You are given a company laptop and work phone (a keen way of showing you're expected to be on both of them 24/7)
    - You're not micromanaged
    - You get to staff high profile and fun events/tradeshows/tours
    - The internal payroll is on time

ConsI'll keep it simple.
    - You're expected to work overtime (nights and weekends) for as long as you have programs activating during those times.
    - You are not paid for overtime
    - There's one small end of year bonus if you qualify
    - You're asked to take FURLOUGH DAYS (unpaid time off)
    - If you want a weekend to yourself, it must be approved
    - You're expected to have your company phone on you 24/7, and be responsive, if not - you are reprimanded - even if you're in class outside of work hours.
    - Even as a Program Coordinator/Account Executive, you are thrown managerial duties and expected to treat programs as a manager, while not being compensated or trained on it.
    - Your operations meetings are counterproductive and will leave the meeting with less brain cells.
    -Talent will hassle you about the 40-60 day payouts (which usually end up being almost 90 days)
    - Kiss your quality of life goodbye
    - Even though more than 50% of the company works remote, the Scottsdale location is never granted remote work.
    - Your office environment is dull and draining, non collaborative.
    - Your program managers are not problem solvers
    - You're forever put on "contract" even if you're listed as a W2 FT employee.
    15) I disapprove of the owner because she allows and expects this of everyone.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Hands down the worst company I have worked for

Brand Ambassador (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

ProsThe events were fun the people were nice to work with. Dissatisfied is an understatement.

ConsConsidering the model of this company and its biggest source of revenue is coming from people who are working events for them and marketing the pay is the lowest I have ever worked for as a brand ambassador aka: the little ants doing all the work. As a broke college student this is my only source of income and I know and understand checks sometimes get delayed I was told we would be paid maximum 30 days ....... 90 days+ later 2 months of me trying to get ahold of anyone in this company no answer... I post on facebook and BAM 2 minutes later I get a response that someone would be emailing me. No one emailed me surprising? No. I finally got a hold of someone via email in a department unrelated to payroll and they said my check would be mailing out soon and would be here soon".... a month later nothing... weird right? The company is based out of the same state as me exactly about an hour away from me and the mail man took a month to get me my check? No... I call complete BS... they are just exploiting people like myself and profiting not only off of our work but, making interest off of my chump change. This company is extremely unreliable, horrible communication, low pay.. and my advice would be to RUN AWAY as fast as you can from this company.. SERIOUSLY. I should have listened to everyone I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Please do yourself this favor and run away don't be that person that waited more than 4 months for a check.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you treated the people that made you the profit with respect and dignity maybe you wouldn't have such a high turn over rate. I truly believe your company does not have too much time left in this industry because of this. The greed is real...... You seemed so worried about booking events and getting them worked but, not so worried about the people who worked them for you... It's a no brainer why you have unexperienced newbies working for you because they have no idea what they are getting themselves into.

Expert packagin, poor execution, awful management

Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGreat for entry-level resume building including PM/ CRM software, logistics, some banner clients. That said, the only pros are what you make of their disheveled, absent-minded, apathetic operation. I.e. learning stress management, self-direction, software competency, etc. The skills I learned how not to treat others, follow through, and run a business was very instrumental- consider it a course in what not to do.

ConsOverall it's a misguided, untrustworthy, bombastic culture that treats both talent and their coordinators as disposable. Consider how much you care about disposable silverware compared to a set you invest from the store- it's a stark contrast. I would recommend this only for the financially unstable, and true skill- both in the field and internally- makes this travesty a passover. The people in charge, particularly in Operations, will and have driven their revenue into the ground, and will perpetuate the job insecurity and high turnover.

On the surface it appears reputable, collaborative and nurturing- just a clever front. There's a reason they are in 2 new lawsuits- clients refuse to a dime for what's worth a penny.

Advice to Senior ManagementI admire the Teflon like ability to avoid blame, but sincerely ask, if you are a boss, or a leader.

It's all about working hard, 7 days a week.

Program Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsYou "meet" people from all over North America. It can be rewarding in that the jobs are very challenging, and allow you hands on learning. The lack of training forces you to adapt and dig in to get the job done. If you like working independently you will get plenty of that here.

ConsThis is a place where on the surface seems like an opportunity to learn, grow and contribute and ends up being a place that has the central focus on extracting long hours for very little pay, and no hope of moving up the ladder.It is very much a "sink or swim environment" with very little guidance or training. The work distribution is highly disorganized, and management employs people on a contract to hire basis, that never gets to the hiring part. Work performance is not rewarded and the way to move up the ladder is at the whim of if you know the right person as on many occasions I saw those who were not deserving get a promotion, but those who should be recognized for their efforts were pushed by the wayside and worked harder until they burnt out and walked off the job. This is not a place to create long term career plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementBy not investing in your people and creating a company atmosphere where people feel they have a future it creates employee frustration and ultimately the good people will all leave. To increase retention, and improve productivity recognize people for their contributions. People are working at a job not only as a means for money, but as a portal to creativity, expression, an the genuine desire to improve not only their own life but the place where they work. They need to feel they are not wasting their time.

Overworked and Underpaid Employees

Program Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsI worked with some incredible Program Coordinators in my office. They are all still some of my greatest friends. Misery loves company and it's a shame we all are not working together anymore. I can tell you that NONE of us have chosen to stay with EPS.

ConsIf you value your quality of life, even on the most basic level, do not work for this company. I was hired as a salary employee for almost two years. Those two years of my life were lost. As a Program Coordinator we were all expected to have our company issued phones on us at all times, 24/7. The company does inform you that the hours are not the 'typical 9-5;' however, flextime does not exist. You work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays for free. You are not allowed or granted the flextime that is promised or agreed upon. It's a toxic environment and detrimental to one's health. It is a thankless job and the sh_t always flows downhill. There is absolutely no growth and one does not gain any industry experience. It's always a crisis and you will constantly be trying to put out fires. For two years I sacrificed every single one of my personal relationships with family and friends. Forget taking vacations, forget evenings with family or weekends with friends. You will be working without receiving any compensation. Any job is better than working for EventPro Strategies.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect. Allow flextime and honor them as human beings with families and lives. It's deplorable how you've decided to conduct business and I pity you.

Worked for EventPro Strategies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at EventPro Strategies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for EventPro Strategies CEO Jessica Browder-Stackpoole. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by EventPro Strategies employees.