EventPro Strategies

When you want a fun job

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador

I worked at EventPro Strategies

Pros

1) Jobs are frequent even if the hours isn't
    2) Fun gigs
    3) Flexibke scheduling

Cons

1) Pay is not competitive
    2) On site market manager or team leader is either bad to deal with or great to deal with
    3) Paychecks that gets sent in the mail takes a long time to get to you.

I've been cheated

I have been working at EventPro Strategies

Pros

Fun and easy events, fits your schedule, fair pay

Cons

Some team leads and tour managers I have worked with were very rude and unprofessional, event coordinators can't be honest at times and are unreliable

I have been doing events with Event Pro Strategies for 2 and a half years and had no trouble with them up until a few months ago. One of the onsite tour manager I was working with at an event in Seattle apparently told the event coordinator at the corporate office that I wasn't doing my job correctly. Out of the blue I get an email from the event coordinator saying that I was removed from the event and was sent home. I was flabbergasted. I never got a warning from the tour manager saying "you need to do this and that or else you have to leave." The event coordinator believed everything the tour manager said and I never got to tell my side of the story. This is all about trust, and I felted cheated. I am very professional and for the event coordinator to email me saying "you have been dismissed" is very offensive to me. I called and called the event coordinator and he never returned any of my calls back. I was schedule to work 7 days and was dismissed in 2 days. I planned on staying in Seattle the whole time and even made a 9 hour round trip drive there. I wasted a lot of money on gas and time. Highly disappointed.

As far as working internally is concerned, good gig for a kid straight out of college

Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at EventPro Strategies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun people, location (old town office)

Cons

Things may have changes as I was employed from 2010-2011. Lack of overall strategy, little to no stability (went through a period of bad business where paycuts were enacted), owner seems concerned with herself foremost and cares little to not at all about her people (continually confuses names, doesn't come out of her lair, etc)

Be more strategic and less focused on pretending to look business-savvy with Tim Robbins books strewn about.

Great company to work for if you have a busy schedule

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Dallas, TX

I have been working at EventPro Strategies part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great money! Ability to pick between jobs is great.

Cons

Not great leadership! Not clear structure!

Better training for leadership roles

Extremely Disorganized and Moderately Professional

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador

I have been working at EventPro Strategies as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is decent for starving college students who want $15/hr part-time contractual work

Cons

Highly unorganized
    Expect lots of last-minute "winging it" and other shenanigans from management
    Extremely high rate of employee turnover and no-showing at events
    Contractors are paid after 30-45+ days

Take better care of your contractors/employees and pay them within a sane time-frame. If you would just make this small change, and a few other pivots, your business might actually survive. But I really get the feeling that this company is going to crash soon.

Getting paid is impossible!!

Current Employee - Survey Administrator in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Survey Administrator in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at EventPro Strategies

Pros

-The events can be fun if you are working with a fun group

Cons

-No organization
    -No communication
    -It takes FOREVER to get paid. I was told 30-45 days (but usually sooner! they said when they wanted to hire me)
    -Took EIGHT weeks from the first event I worked to get paid
    -Still have not been paid from the second event
    -They misinformed the team on the time we could start so we had to wait in the cold for TWO additional hours
    -The admin staff does not answer emails or calls hardly ever and when they do they are rude
    JUST AN AWFUL COMPANY WITH ZERO REGARD FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES.

Pay in a timely manner. Communicate accurate information. Treat your employees fairly and with kindness. Be organized in your events (i.e. we were told an event started 2 hours before it actually did)

DO NOT WORK FOR THEM

I have been working at EventPro Strategies as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Pros: They are good at lying about when you are getting paid... if that's a pro.

Cons

I worked for them in Chicago for the US Army Strength In Action Tour. This was at the end of September/ first week of October. They stated that pay would be 30-45 days after the event that you worked for. LIES. It is now the 1st of December, and still no pay. They will either ignore you when you reach out to them, or give you a bullcrap answer about when you are getting paid. They will constantly send you to work places, or at least try, but why work for free? No one in my entire group has been paid yet. They will hold on to the money from the vendor and wait to pay you. Do not become a brand ambassador for them.

Stop lying to people about when you will pay them. Who wants to work for free basically? These reviews are the truth.

Event Coordinator

I worked at EventPro Strategies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Able to work from home if needed, all staff very helpful.

Cons

Hours... you need to have your company cell phone with you at all times, leaves little time to get away from job to think and re-coup from days, you are working all the time. Depending on your territory hours can be really early. Did have to so hours most on most weekends checking in on those in your areas who were working events, checking them in and out of their scheduled event.

They love to cancel on their brand ambassadors last minute for projects far away, forget about getting paid too!

Current Employee - Promotional Model in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Promotional Model in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at EventPro Strategies as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

There are none, but I have to fill up twenty words so this is why I am writing this review here.

Cons

Hard to get paid, cancel on employees last minute, no regard for employee time, no employee loyalty, don't set employees up for success, total disregard for employees' effort and energy, respond to emails and phone calls

get better middle-management people, treat employees with respect, actually value employees' time, teach communication for management - nobody seems to know how to return a phone call, text, email

I will never work for EventPro again!!!

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador/Independent Contractor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador/Independent Contractor in Washington, DC

I have been working at EventPro Strategies part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some really cool events. Good atmosphere for networking at events. Great way to meet new people. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Extreme delay in payment, Event Coordinators that do not respond to your emails, Excuses given for why you haven't been paid, Being bombarded with check-in emails, text messages, and phone calls

I began working for EventPro Strategies as an Independent Contractor aka. Brand Ambassador at the end of August. (August 27th, 2014). When I first spoke to the coordinator assigned to my event, everything seemed wonderful. She answered all of my questions about the promotion, payment time-frame (30-45 days after completion of the event), and made me feel really excited about the opportunity.

I worked that particular promotion for about 2 weeks from 8/27/14 - 9/7/14. The activation was fun. I had a blast with the team I was part of, and really wanted to do more promos with the company.

THE CHANGE:
    I started to talk to some of the other BA's that had done previous events for EPS. A few of the BA's had worked for EPS and told me that it took FOREVER to get paid. They said it was so long ago, that they didn't know if their payment policy had changed. I was a little nervous about getting paid on time, but I remained optimistic since this was my first event with the company.

The event ended, and at about the 35 day mark, I emailed my event coordinator about payment. NO RESPONSE. Two weeks from my first email, I sent her a follow-up email about payment...again NO RESPONSE. I reached out to some of the other BA's I worked with on that event, and they were experiencing the same issue I was having in communication with our coordinator.

By this time, I had actually started working another event with EPS, and had a different coordinator. I asked him for an alternate contact for payroll inquiries, and was able to speak to someone via email in payroll.

The Admin Paperwork Specialist I spoke with (10/17/14) advised that it typically takes 45 days for payment, and that I should have received a check by now. She told me that payroll hadn't released checks for the last week of August, which was why no one received payment yet. She also told me that she couldn't give me an ETA on when I would receive my check. I waited a few days, and followed up on that email to see if I could get a time-frame on payment, and see if payments would even go out this month. Another Admin Paperwork Specialist was added to the email and responded that due to high volume, EPS is behind in getting payment out. She offered an apology, and said that they are working diligently to get payments out to people. She also told me that she could not give me a time-frame on when I would get paid. She said she would speak to payroll that coming Friday, and get back to me.

On (10/24/14) I reached out to payroll again to follow-up, and one of the admins advised this time that my name was not on payroll's list of payments that were processed that week. I was offered no further explanation, and again no time-frame as to when I would be paid.

The second admin responded to me stating as follows:

"I sincerely apologize for the unexpected delay in your payment. Since this is your first year working with EPS you may not have experienced this seasonality slow-down in payments. Apologies for the miscommunication as this is a normal cycle within our industry; it happens industry-wide and is not unique to us. As stated below, we strive to pay within 30-45 days after the event's completion, but unfortunately due to circumstances surrounding the seasonality of the event industry, some of our talent payments have been temporarily pushed beyond the 45 day mark which is why you have yet to receive a paycheck."

I'm beyond frustrated at this point. The admin also advised that EPS had only gotten up to paying out programs that ended the week of August 17th, 2014. ***I went ahead an cancelled the rest of the vents that EPS booked me for.***

I understand that things happen, and sometimes things go amiss, but none of this was communicated to me up front. I had to practically hunt someone down that could give me some part of an explanation on where my money is. If this was a singular incident, then I could understand, but NONE of the people that I worked the event with have received a response in regards to their payment inquiries. If payment typically takes 45 days, it needs to be communicated up-front before a person commits to the job. We are expected to show-up and show out, arrive early, provide satisfactory service, and represent the company in a professional manner at all times...but the company has not held up their end of the bargain. I hope someone from EPS sees this, because their business practices need to change.