Eventbrite

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Eventbrite Co-Founder & CEO Kevin Hartz

Kevin Hartz

great job

ProsI definitely work with some smart people

ConsNothing at the moment. It's definitely the best job I've had to date.

Amazing company to work for

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAtmosphere- You just can't beat the startup atmosphere at a very successful, well funded, and growing company. It's contagious and makes you want to do all you can for the company.

Sales Organization- The sales organization is structured for success and they do whatever is needed to help you succeed. Everyone here is excited to jump on the phone and make deals happen. As I mentioned before, it is very contagious. Fun and interesting weekly contest with great incentives to keep everyone engaged.

Sales Management - Open to any and all ideas and in my short time here and I am already seeing my ideas being executed. Makes me want to be constantly coming up with more.

Food: free lunch four days a weeks, breakfast twice a week, and dinner twice a week. Many different kinds of drinks to choose from along with beer on tap and plenty of happy hour events

Office: We just moved into an amazing office downtown. My desk has a view of the city. The office is open and has many cool breakout areas. Stand up desks are also available. The stadium seating room is very cool and the conference rooms are different and unique. Ping pong, video games, etc

Technology: Having great technology make my job selling easier.

ConsNo President's Club but I think we will get there.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing and keep honoring your all of your performing sales people.

A place where you truly enjoy coming to work everyday!

Account Executive (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- Opportunities to learn and grow within the organization
    - A strong focus on work/life balance
    - Collaborative team culture
    - Awesome benefits and employee perks (and a sweet new office!)
    - Open communication with leadership
    - Overall, a truly exciting and fun place to work!

ConsAs with any growing company, there are growing pains. Figuring out processes and solutions as we grow and scale the team in SF and expand internationally.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep sharing the vision of the company, focusing on retention, and promoting an innovative company culture!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Culture and Dynamic team

Account Executive (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe company has grown tremendously and has certainly found its "voice". The team is dynamic, smart, interesting and aligned to grow and push into new spaces. They encourage employees to take control of their career and embrace the ideas and interests that are presented. The benefits are amazing and they have remained an employee centric company

ConsWe don't know everyone in the company's name anymore but that is what happens when you grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to encourage employees to think about how they can affect change. Continue to push everyone to be better then they thought they could be and have discussions about their strengths.

Fast track to success

ProsEventbrite has undergone sgnificant change in the last 12-months to continue to skyrocket to the top of our industry. it's been both exciting to watch and to participate in!

As the company grows, leadership is getting really good at structuring career progression for its employees. In the year that I have been here, I've seen and experienced these changes first hand and it's been awesome. The company values and responds well to all feedback, which should encourage employees to speak up and work for what they want. Tons of growth potential and the roles are lined up to launch people forward and to the top.

The new office is a dream as well!

ConsHoping 401k matching is in the near future ...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on making this team the best one out there with training, clear career paths and a collaborative environment.

Senior Account Executive

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat company. Great culture. Company will be successful.

ConsCareer Progression:
    In sales there is no real career progression. As you advance, the quota gets larger, commission rates decrease, and the prospect quality / deal sizes stay the same.

Leadership:
    In the past year, the leadership has shifted the culture in Sales. It's gone from a very entrepreneurial environment to a heavily micro-managed team. I've got this as a con, as only a certain type of sales persona enjoys being micro-managed.

Commission:
    If you do decide to go to Eventbrite, be ready to reconcile every paycheck, as they are still ironing out tracking deals. Every month, my commission came in short and had to be corrected. I surfaced the issue and was told to keep reconciling until they got a better handle on tracking. Hopefully this has been corrected.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Sales management - Listen to the team. If a leader is having a toxic effect on the team, address the issue.

Advice to Company - Stay focused and invest time understanding the market.

All Smiles At Eventbrite

Account Executive (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsEventbrite has a lot of great training resources. The Sales Team especially puts in a lot of extra effort to provide training tools and one of one time to really understand how to be successful in the role.

ConsEventbrite is very ambitious when it comes to going after new markets. This means that the quota expectations are extremeley agressive.

Work hard, play hard - focus on team as well as bottom line

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- Fun, complex and diverse industry - lots to learn across multiple event spaces and growing exponentially
    - Growing quickly both domestically across different segments and internationally into new markets
    - Lots of dynamic, challenging work to tackle which can help keep things fresh and new
    - Given lots of autonomy to go after opportunities and drive decisions
    - Smart people who have fun, are passionate about the business, and who work really hard

Cons- Primarily young management team lacking big company experience to facilitate growth to the next level
    - Limited upward mobility for middle management and real focus on employee career growth
    - Lower end of compensation for market - they like to sell the dream to get you in
    - Culture, while super fun, up beat and friendly outwardly, discourages confrontation causing management to often skirt around issues instead of being direct and upfront

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on growth internally as well as externally, as really good people can be your greatest asset over the long haul.

Good work experience

ProsOverall a very good experience. It's great to be surrounded by such a smart group of people.
    Transparent business environment. The company really cares about fostering the culture and it is obvious that people are an important asset to the business. Rich benefits package.

ConsLeadership team still developing
    Career path lack clarity

Love this place!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe best thing about working at Eventbrite is the truly lived philosophy of engaging employees with the business in real and meaningful ways on a daily basis. It is an incredibly mission driven organization populated with people who are passionate about making a difference. We also have a lot of fun doing it.

ConsI can't really think of any cons that go beyond the usual small workplace problems. That being said, if you are not the type of person who likes the ability to define your own scope of work, being responsible for your success, exercising personal agency, and tackling difficult problems you will not thrive in this environment.

Worked for Eventbrite? Contribute to the Community!