Eveo Inc

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Olivier Zitoun

Great People Who Do Interesting Work

Creative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsEveo is a good agency. All the people I have worked here are fun to work with and very talented at what they do. The work is also a very interesting blend of creative and science which keeps things fresh. Work-life balance is good and the senior team overall feels put together (note: there was a management change last year). They also provide lots of snacks which you have to like.

ConsMostly just typical agency stuff. Deadlines can be tight and process can be difficult at times. Really nothing specific.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep taking care of your employees and they will take care of you.

Miserable work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe office is in a nice location and they provide free snacks. There are a few nice people in creative.

ConsManagement is weak and unwilling to listen or address concerns. The employees who have been there the longest run the show and get away with whatever they want. People were very two-faced and you did not get all of the information you needed to do your job. There is very little support and overall low morale. This place made me question my self-esteem and evaluate my overall health.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to cultivate talent, you need to listen and address concerns.

Huge potential waiting to be tapped with the right client

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsReally smart medical content knowledge, good creative for the healthcare industry, slightly edgy feel (not conservative old school), and technology pulls rabbits out of their hats. HR is true HR, looking after their people as well as the company goals. Overall good culture, good people, little politics compared to other agencies, and flexibility in work/life balance. In the healthcare space they seem well positioned to break out.

ConsLike many agencies, process is not followed, creating too many "crisis' of the moment".

Advice to Senior ManagementPush for some creative and people churn to challenge the status quo. Mix things up a bit. Show off the work to the office. Create and participate in some cultural and social events.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Eveo Family! A few thoughts from over 4 years of being a part of it...

ProsIn the world of business many companies are not as healthy on the inside as they appear on the outside. That's not the case with Eveo. Because of the people, I will never leave! Our Senior Management Team is incredible. They started a tradition of recognizing individual achievements. Each quarter awards are presented in recognition of hard work and exceptional accomplishments, in front of the entire company.

Our CEO's passion and creativity are unmatched. Equally as important he is accessible 24/7 365 and cares about all of us! The true testament is with our clients... we've had many tell us we are "a part of their family".

Cons"Cons" are hard to write about when you are happy with your company. I would have to say, we could use a bigger kitchen :)

Great people to work with, but horrible senior management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people who work here are amazing, welcoming, hardworking and warm and it's what keeps a lot of people there.

ConsCEO is a guy with no boundaries and has little to no respect for his employees. He'll only talk to you if he needs something from you and is not genuine in his interactions. He's full of himself, which isn't warranted since his abilities are mediocre - many people regarded him as a child and never took him seriously, which is not the image you want your employees to have of you. The rest of senior management needs to work on communication and praising hard workers. A lot of the time resources are not allocated properly and you only have a couple of people who will be doing majority of the work and working long hours, which is ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a more positive work environment where you praise your employees and actually respect them.

Fertile Learning Ground - A company with heart!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat team to work with... Visually stimulating office space ... Great views ... Dedicated group of professionals working hard to build an awesome company... Great kitchen that is always stocked with snacks and treats ... monthly Happy Hours, bi-monthly lunch and breakfast events AND a Fun Committee working to continue to make Eveo a better place to work!

ConsConstant state of change ... resource strapped ...

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a little more time to connect with the teams ... Look up and be more involved ... Stop occassionally and notice a job well done ... continue to make room for independent thought and ideas! Don't over manage or over think, just do!

I love the people I work with

ProsI have been here for 2+ years and I love the people I work with. They are smart, creative, and passionate. We are a tight team, hard working and talented. Also, unlike at larger agencies, you feel the actual contribution to the work being done.

Other pluses-Award winning work for top tier Pharma account brands. Nice location. Great benefits and vaca policy. Open office plan rather than cubicles. Flexibility to wfh if you are on top of your projects. Regular team meet-ups at the local pub. Shout out to our OM, who keeps us well supplied in snacks, drinks and treats!

ConsGrowing pains and economic ups and downs.

Would like more training opportunities and maybe in-house prof dev events.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a lot on your plates, but you should take the time to be sure to connect with your folks more regularly.

Loyal Employee - For a Reason

Project Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe biggest asset this company has is its workforce. The employees that actually produce the work are dedicated, enthusiastic, team-focused, quality-driven people.

Additionally, the HR department is incredibly savvy in regards to all benefit-related topics. The HR team has also made improving the company culture a top priority. They have a committee dedicated to keeping the culture alive and ensuring the environment is not just about pumping out work.

Moreover, the location and view are great.

Further, promotions and salaries are on the rise, which is somewhat of a relief after a financially frigid couple of years.

Finally, I've never seen such time flexability at any other company I've worked for, which is close to priceless.

ConsThe environment, oftentimes, feels divided between us (project teams) and them (client-facing AMs and Biz Dev). Promises that we can deliver the moon happen on a too-frequent basis. Realistic timelines and budgets seem few and far between, leading to burnout and stressed employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to step in and fix an issue rather than waiting for it to go away, leaving the employees to feel unsupported. Even though you don't see a problem with a person doesn't mean there isn't one. Some employees are on their best behavior when you're around but show their true colors when you're not. If you get a complaint from more than one person about someone, chances are, that person is a problem. Take care of it, despite them being "important to the company." There will be others that are important to the company who have a better attitude.

Also, be more transparent about the current state of business and where the company is headed. Very few people here know what's ahead.

The overall experience is not the best but ok...

Web Developer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsNice location and office space, some talent and nice people.

ConsThe turnover rate is quite high.

Ok place, low morale

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFlexibility of hours if you do a good job, occasional work from home ability.

ConsCompany turnover has been high with layoffs and departures over the past couple years. Management doesn't recognize hard work and make strides to keep talent and good managers in place. The Upper management is worried about the bottom line and with departures, replacements are not made which makes more work for the rest and workload nearly unmanageable.

Advice to Senior Managementshould let the managers manage and keep a good balance between finance and understand that investing in management suggestions and needs can benefit the company in the long run to keep good people and also maintain revenue.

Worked for Eveo Inc? Contribute to the Community!