EverFi

4.3

Tom Davidson

Great place for growth

I have been working at EverFi full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've worked at quite a few startups, and although I would not consider EverFi a startup anymore, it still maintains that entrepreneurial energy. This company is full of some of the most talented, driven, and modest people I've ever worked with. Everyday, I'm challenged in some new way. There is no shortage of opportunity for growth and development.

Cons

The company is starting to come out of its childhood years into full maturity. That comes with some tension as processes get more defined and structure put in place. However, that's not entirely a con, as every person has some opportunity to shape what the company looks like when it emerges in its next stage.

Exhilarating Environment

I have been working at EverFi full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Tremendous professional development opportunities
    - Incredible partners, clients and sponsors to work with
    - Talented and interesting colleagues and coworkers to learn from
    - Employees are empowered and trusted

Cons

- Less structure than an established company
    - Employees have to proactive and independent to be successful

- Continue to focus on what works well and move faster to eliminate what doesn't

Great People, Great Mission

I have been working at EverFi full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone that works here truly cares about what they do and each other, great energy coming into work every day

It's very rare that you get to have a conversation and catch-up with your CEO and co-founders on a regular basis, upper management works hard and keeping "small company" feel even as we continue to grow

Laid-back environment but everyone works hard because they want to, not because they are forced into it

Cons

There are a large amount of remote employees but with semi-annual company conferences everyone is able to connect and people are good at staying in touch via email/skype/phone calls

Culture is great, no defined career trajectory; overall unorganized

I have been working at EverFi

Pros

People are great, snacks, ed-tech events, bi-yearly companywide convention in DC

Cons

Unorganized, over-promising; major growing pains

High energy, great mission & culture, phenomenal colleagues.

I have been working at EverFi full-time

Pros

+Great people that love what they do, why we're doing it, and are willing to make the "impossible" happen in order to drive meaningful impacts for the communities we work with.

+ Leadership is transparent about all parts of the company and truly always open to questions and feedback.

+ If you are producing great results, you have a ton of flexibility to get it done.

+ Work-life balance is actually pretty good for a high-growth company.

+ In hiring, EverFi prioritizes attitude, work ethic, and results over "years of experience".

Cons

A large proportion of our team works remotely, which can clog communication. That said, EverFi is always constantly refining processes that don't work in order to improve outcomes.

As we grow, priorities change quickly, but that is the nature of being a high-growth company. There are some employees that were not comfortable with the high pace or easily adaptable to change and the process to remove them takes quite a long time.

Do more to compensate high performers and move low performers out more quickly.

Great company & great people

Current Employee - Schools Team
    Current Employee - Schools Team

I have been working at EverFi full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Autonomy and ability to be part of a growing company.
    -Mission oriented work with people who share similar passion for education and improving the quality of resources for teachers.
    -Culture: I love going to work everyday and so do my colleagues.
    -Being part of a young company. A great deal of potential.

Cons

-So much going on it's easy to be "left out" of big happenings.

Fast-paced environment, talented funny colleauges, great place to grow professionally

I have been working at EverFi full-time (more than an year)

Pros

--People are AMAZING. Really smart, funny, and talented. Caliber of talent keeps getting better as we become better known. Loyal, team-oriented, accountable colleagues.

--Lots of upward mobility for top performers. I have been promoted twice in 2+ years and continue to be challenged by interesting new projects. Management does not play favorites, they simply reward hard work and a positive attitude!

--This company has a social mission similar to many non-profits, but we operate like a business and are technology forward. Best of both worlds.

--Free dinner on Tuesdays, quirky/cool office space, casual work environment, gym, peer mentoring, guest lectures from established CEOs

Cons

Company has grown really quickly, resulting in a few hiring "misses" -- people who just weren't cut out for performing a fluid, start-up environment where priorities are constantly shifting. I imagine these are the people who wrote more negative reviews, so don't take them too seriously. EverFi is an awesome place to work if you are hard-working, flexible, positive, and can roll with the punches.

Yes, we are a very sales-driven culture, but it's truly because we want to build a great company and get our learning platforms in the hands of as many students as possible. People genuinely care about that mission.

Take time to hire the right people and don't get too hasty! Trust the people you've hired to lead your departments... they probably have more experience in their domain than you do!

Love going to work every day

I have been working at EverFi full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Compared to other jobs that I have had this is truly a place that shows its value and appreciation for its employees. Strong, proud and driven company culture with a palpable energy in the air and a group of colleagues who care about the mission. Lots of investment in employees from free food to professional development to ongoing communications from the top down to make you feel involved and proud. Incredibly interesting, smart, and fun colleagues that make coming to work always interesting.

Cons

Some growing pains as the company moves away from being a start-up, but they seem to be working hard at making the growth happen smoothly and are hiring great people.

Keep up what you're doing and continue to bring in great people as we grow.

Great Company That Works Hard And Plays Hard

I have been working at EverFi

Pros

-The culture is fantastic
    -As an individual you can make a difference and be recognized for it
    -You will work with very talented people
    -The company is poised to do big, Big, BIG things.
    -Everybody has a job to do and is not micro-managed

Cons

-Being new there is nothing yet...I wake up excited to get to the office in the morning.

It's very early in my time...but it looks like people love being here. Only advice would be to add resources and add them quickly so that people don't burn out.

Unreasonable Expectations

I worked at EverFi full-time (more than an year)

Pros

EverFi is trying to build a big company and the potential for the products are amazing.

Office location is great.

Great, smart and talented employees.

Great place to work when you are fresh out of college. You'll get a lot of great experience you can use in the future.

Cons

Office politics are overwhelming here. Also, the culture is top-heavy and in my experience, borderline oppressive.

Sales, sales, sales. We're an education company? You would never know it based on the company culture.

No room for growth, no opportunity for professional development. The only way to grow professionally is to leave, which is what a lot of smart people are doing.

Treat your people right and they will take care of you.