www.everbridge.com

Updated January 9, 2015
Updated January 9, 2015
4.5

Jaime Ellertson

Tremendous team of talented people, rapid growth

Current Contractor - Consultant in Lexington, MA
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Everbridge as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Everbridge has a solid leadership team and knowledgeable staff, highly capable of growing this business and the marketplace in short order. Responsive and supportive. Lots of job opportunities across the board.

Cons

Not a con so much as an awareness that this is a high growth company that moves at a fast pace.

Keep up the good work.

Good work environment, but the company is way too cheap.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Lexington, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Lexington, MA

I worked at Everbridge

Pros

-Some opportunity for promotion within the company
    -There is the potential to make a lot of money (if you get lucky with what vertical you are placed in)
    -The company is improving its culture and promoting a positive work environment more and more

Cons

-People are constantly being hired from outside the company to fill roles rather than promoting from within. This does not happen 100% of the time but it happens more often than not.
    -How much money you make is extremely heavily dependent upon which vertical you are placed in. This is true for most sales positions but at Everbridge, it is extremely saturated.
    -The interview process is quite terrible. The actual interview itself is a marathon and a couple of the people who interview you go out of their way to be extremely rude and hard on you. In my interview, one of the three people who interviewed me spent more time condescendingly chuckling at answers he did not like and advising me on how I should interview in the future. This is not a joke. He said "For future reference, just when you interview do the following" and then rattled off a bunch of things he didn't like. After working there for a few months I mentioned this to some co-workers to which they responded "Oh that is just how he is in interviews he did the same thing to me and now we're cool." I can't deny this made me feel pretty terrible about myself at the time.
    -Finally and most importantly, this company is unimaginably stingy. When it comes to the sales positions, if you are owed a commission they will fight tooth and nail to not give it to you. If you did honest work and worked extremely hard to close a deal they will give you your money but not until after they've tried every loophole possible to keep the money. Also, they do not pay you a dime until whatever company you've closed the deal with pays Everbridge out in full, which often takes many months. On top of that, if you receive any kind of promotion and you have not been paid out on a bonus yet, they will not give it to you. You can even ask them in your interview and they will tell you this.

-Lighten up and don't try so hard to not pay people money they have earned.

Former Employee - Vice President, Technical Operations in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President, Technical Operations in Glendale, CA

I worked at Everbridge

Pros

Interesting technology and some smart people

Cons

No integrity from the Sr. Exexutives

Stop lying to the vendors and dtaff

A true meritocracy with unlimited potential that allows you to grow and shape career.

Current Employee - Business Development in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Everbridge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great, hard-working people at Everbridge. Senior management and executive team has an open-door policy for any questions/issues, as well as to allow the team to bring new ideas. Cutting-edge innovation and a total focus on quality of service has put the company in a field of its own-- and it's nice to be on a winning team. If you work hard, you can move up and up-- and with a company that has been growing by more than 30% annually for years, there are endless opportunities.

Cons

Everbridge provides a critical service, a service that literally saves lives. With this in mind, clients have an expectation that Everbridge will be there 24X7, 365 days a year, and Everbridge meets those expectations. This does not mean that every employee is working day and night, but Everbridge as a team is ALWAYS there for our clients-- and sometimes this requires folks to step up. If you are accustomed to a 9-4 work day, with no variation, then this may not be a fit for you. If you like a challenge and true teamwork to accomplish an important mission (e.g. the communication to 8 million people during Hurricane Sandy), then Everbridge is a great place to contribute, and at the end of the day, know you made a difference.

Maintain the laser focus on innovation and continue to value our people. You always say that our people are our most important asset, and our exponential growth proves that this philosophy is the right way to go (the great benefits and generous vaca policy are nice too, so thanks :-)

Great environment, Dedicated employees.

Former Intern - Quality Assurance Intern in Glendale, CA
    Former Intern - Quality Assurance Intern in Glendale, CA

I worked at Everbridge as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here is genuinely interested in creating the best software they can deliver. They are dedicated and believe in the goal of the company. It's great knowing that you are working to save lives.
    10/10 would work again.

Cons

None.

My experience working for Everbridge has been overwhelmingly positive!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Everbridge full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment and management is extremely helpful. I have held many jobs throughout my working career, and Everbridge is by far the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

There are NO cons to working at Everbridge

Keep doing what you're doing.

Awesome product, dedicated people, and rapid growth. Great place to be!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Everbridge full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The thing that makes Everbridge a great place to work is the people. Everyone is passionate about what we do and really cares about our success. The company is not perfect but I have yet to work at a place that is.

Everbridge places high expectations on it's employees and rewards those who deliver. It is not a place to coast through your days or just "collect a check".

I especially like that I am challenged every day. As a result there is little drudgery and I am excited to come to work.

Cons

The biggest challenge that Everbridge has is work-life balance. With the companies rapid growth it feels like we are always behind the curve on adding new members to the team. The result is an increased expectation on current employees while new people are located, hired, and trained. I will say that the company seems committed to hiring the people we need but I just wish it happened more rapidly.

Continue to invest in good people and good technology.

Not a bad place

Former Employee - Account Executive in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Glendale, CA

I worked at Everbridge full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of resources for success
    Good leadership
    Relaxed work environment
    Flexible schedule
    Amazing product

Cons

Downtown location can be hectic
    Sometimes slow moving management
    Confusing compensation plan

A fantastic experience: a fun culture, strong values, and positive environment, truly a great place to work.

Former Employee - Sales and Business Development in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Sales and Business Development in Glendale, CA

I worked at Everbridge full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good internal communications at all levels: social and collaborative, everyone is approachable and willing to help. A family-style environment where each employee is brilliant and looked at a subject matter expert so everyone's in-put counts. Fast-paced, fun, and positive -you enjoy going to work each day and want to challenge yourself to be your best. Leadership sets the tone, and the leadership here since its inception are high quality and highly interpersonal from the founders to the line of business managers.

Cons

For me there are no cons, but if you cannot handle a fast-paced environment then you may not be a good fit.

Keep being proactive, innovative, positive, and invaluable to your clients, partners, and your employees. You all are doing a great job!

Awesome Team, Friendly Environment, and a Powerful Product !!

I have been working at Everbridge full-time

Pros

-passionate people who believe in the product!
    -Opportunity to move up in the Company!
    -Growing and Expanding!

Cons

There has been nothing negative that I have experienced since i have been at Everbridge.

Do what you do Best...Keep Hiring people who will give their all to help the company grow!

Everbridge Photos