Everest College

Everest College Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Everest College CEO Jack Massimino

Jack Massimino

Pros
  • Great benefits, steady schedule coworkers are wonderful(in 10 reviews)

• Helping people make a difference in their personal life with career training(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • uncertainty of job security and lack of communication between departments(in 6 reviews)

• Unrealistic expectations and goals(in 5 reviews)

Run, run away fast and don't look back

Admissions Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, steady schedule coworkers are wonderful

ConsConstant turnover, lack of job security

Stress

Admissions Representative (Current Employee) Tacoma, WA

ProsGood coworkers that you can have fun and talk to and most on the campus are pleasant. Most truly are there to help people make positive changes in their lives.

ConsThe agenda is constantly changing from enrolling students to doing events. They monitor the amount of calls you are making on a daily basis and constantly look at your time mangement. If you are not on the phone they want to know what you are doing. The amount of reports that need to be done on a daily basis is ridiculous. They will enroll students whom have learning disabilities that just end up putting students in debt which is not fair. You though cannot advise students against enrolling.

Although they say it is not about the numbers and enrollments if you are not enrolling they are questioning you about why not. If it is not about the numbers then why are their daily meeting about the quota for the month on enrollments. A lot of stress on the admissions side when you should be helping people.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you truly want to do what is right for the student, take a look internally and see if you are also doing what is right for your employees. Live by your motto, just don't speak it.

Also if corporate is not going to give cost of living raises or promotions then how can it be justified that our CEO took a million dollar bonus????

Everest College is all about the money as a whole, there are a lot of people who care about the students.

Career Services Representative (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsYou will be happy when you see your students succeed!

ConsThe management is full of pressure and threats to get students placed. You dont get paid enough for all you have to do. Its a billion dollar company but staff makes pennies!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to clean house! Treat your employees with respect and pay them what they are worth!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management joke, leadership choke.

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)

Pros22% discount at Verizon on cell bill... That's about it. No pros with the company. No raises as of now. No room for advancement as of now.

ConsManagement is under qualified. Leadership is non existent. They push people to enroll to make numbers, with very high interest rates. Students leave with more debt than education. Encouraged to swindle students to start even when they are not ready. Employees verbally abused if they campus is not doing well for the month.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet an education yourself. Admissions directors without a degree instructing students to enroll in school. FA reps pushing people with loans who cannot afford them.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

ok

Prosnice environment and work with the community

Consno great outlook could be better

Advice to Senior Managementmore vision

Fantastic!

ProsI have been with Everest for 3 months now. I started as a full time Director of First Impressions and have recently been promoted to a Student Finance Planner. I am more than please with the staff here. Good, hard working people. Each and every one of us is team oriented and achieve goals together.

ConsThere are days where it is very overwhelming. Sometimes employees forget how many different people DOFI's really answer to. Therefore, the front desk can get VERY busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoving it! Keep up the good work!

Good

Career Services (Current Employee) Garland, TX

ProsGood place to work, work is work

ConsNone at all, work is work.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

It's a For-Profit. Everest was more concerned with maintaining profits at the expense of students.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGained experience in a fast paced, chaotic environment. It's good training for those seeking a career in social services. Many of the students who enrolled were desperate to improve their lives while overcoming great personal challenges, such as unemployment, homelessness, abusive relationships, and challenges associated with under education.

ConsPolicies and procedures from corporate office were not in line with the realities of our student population. Many did not possess the academic and life skills necessary to benefit from a career training environment. But were coerced to enroll by admissions reps who were required to meet their enrollment quota or face dismissal. The structure was rigged to encourage unethical enrollment practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees' concerns in regard to ethics.

Awful and thankful I left!

Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsSalary was pretty good if you worked in Admissions

ConsYou pretty much had to work with students who couldn't read very well, directors who were not professional nor possessed the basic skills to be a director. Overly populated with admissions reps who were blood thirsty for students and were told to lie to students in order to get them to sign up for classes.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more experienced directors and stop promoting from within just because you owe a favor to a 'friend' or you have a relationship with them. Recruit intelligent, regionally accredited degree holders for leadership roles.

Working for any higher education college is rewarding enough

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) North Aurora, IL

ProsThe best thing about working this school was helping students achieve their educational goals.

ConsThe Management staff who run admissions the department have no Integrity.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Worked for Everest College? Contribute to the Community!